• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Images of migrant camp under Texas bridge show misery, squalor

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Images coming out of the makeshift migrant camp under a bridge in a Texas border town reveal the horrendous conditions thousands of people are living in — from seeking shelter from the brutal sun inside tents fashioned from pieces of cloth to using jugs of water to bathe, all the while surrounded by ever-growing mounds of garbage.

The humanitarian crisis underway on the border near Del Rio, Texas, includes adults, children and babies among the estimated 12,000 mostly Haitian migrants waiting to be processed by US border officials.

They began to gather last week under the International Bridge that connects Del Rio with Ciudad Acuna, Mexico, but the number of migrants soon exploded as streams of more migrants, many coming from South America, waded across the Rio Grande river into the US.
===================================================
Abbott has this place surrounded with state police or Texas Rangers. There are so many cars in the drone shot that I don't think anyone could even squeeze between them.

The stars at night are big & bright...'

The car line up is cheaper than Trump's wall.:giggle:

I am having a difficult time feeling sorry for these people. They entered the US illegally. They chose to camp at that spot.

Yeah. Trump's posse is beating the Hatians too and chasing them with horses. Don't sweat it. Biden and Mayorkas have this all well in hand and will provide evidence to impeach Trump and fire the border patrol. We're good now that we have someone to blame.

Images coming out of the makeshift migrant camp under a bridge in a Texas border town reveal the horrendous conditions thousands of people are living in — from seeking shelter from the brutal sun inside tents fashioned from pieces of cloth to using jugs of water to bathe, all the while surrounded by ever-growing mounds of garbage.

The humanitarian crisis underway on the border near Del Rio, Texas, includes adults, children and babies among the estimated 12,000 mostly Haitian migrants waiting to be processed by US border officials.

They began to gather last week under the International Bridge that connects Del Rio with Ciudad Acuna, Mexico, but the number of migrants soon exploded as streams of more migrants, many coming from South America, waded across the Rio Grande river into the US.
Abbott has this place surrounded with state police or Texas Rangers. There are so many cars in the drone shot that I don't think anyone could even squeeze between them.

How did they get there from haiti?

Ah well, cant see it from my house!!
🤷‍♂️ :cool:

I am having a difficult time feeling sorry for these people. They entered the US illegally. They chose to camp at that spot.
BEcause you have no empathy.Those conditions under the bridge are probably better than where they came from

BEcause you have no empathy.Those conditions under the bridge are probably better than where they came from
opinion noted.

So are the other countries they entered illegal and crossed are not suitable for them to live in. It is only the US.

Sorry, illegal immigration has gone on far to long in the US. Legal immigration is very acceptable.

You can enter the US and request asylum legally.

You can enter the US and request asylum legally.

Didn't the courts reinstate wait in Mexico policy Trump started?

What you said is true. What if no govt. official heard their request. Then they are in the US illegally. :LOL:

Are you supportive of the "immigrants" camped out at the bridge?

Didn't the courts reinstate wait in Mexico policy Trump started?

What you said is true. What if no govt. official heard their request. Then they are in the US illegally. :LOL:

Are you supportive of the "immigrants" camped out at the bridge?
Wha? This makes absolutely no sense. It doesnt matter if sheriff dipshit mcgee didnt hear about the change in law, that would not make them illegal.

If you dont do exactly what some rando on the internet says you should do you are automatically lying.

I'd like to know how all those Haitians got there?

My impression was Haiti was devastated & impoverished. This involves air-flight, not the land trek for Latin Americans.

I suppose even in the most impoverished & disaster wracked countries, there will be some segment of those that have adequate means.

Relevance? Or are you just gonna play backseat driver and tell me without evidence that they arent impoverished?

Actually, I had the same question though.

But I suspect no matter how disaster wracked & destitute a country may be, there will always be those of adequate means.

And Trump's wall isn't looking very effectual, to be honest!

I'd like to know how all those Haitians got there?

My impression was Haiti was devastated & impoverished. This involves air-flight, not the land trek for Latin Americans.

I suppose even in the most impoverished & disaster wracked countries, there will be some segment of those that have adequate means.
And why go to Mexico or elsewhere prior to walking Into texas?

Actually, I had the same question though.

But I suspect no matter how disaster wracked & destitute a country may be, there will always be those of adequate means.
True. Im just heading off the usual bs from anti immigrant crowd that always assumes ill intent just because someone didnt do it exactly like they wanted them to.

Relevance? Or are you just gonna play backseat driver and tell me without evidence that they arent impoverished?
No. I'm just wondering how they made it to Texas? Boat? Airplain?

They didn't walk.

So, why Texas? Why are they there?

Is Texas the only place we take immigrants and asylum seakers?

At least in TX they have a bridge. As long as it's not a troll bridge.

No. I'm just wondering how they made it to Texas? Boat? Airplain?

They didn't walk.

So, why Texas? Why are they there?

Is Texas the only place we take immigrants and asylum seakers?
Im not sure either.

True. Im just heading off the usual bs from anti immigrant crowd that always assumes ill intent just because someone didnt do it exactly like they wanted them to.
You mean legally?

Im not sure either.
Isn't that a question worth answering?

Would definitely affect my perception of them.

Right now, it's looking like an attempt at dishonesty...doing something they know they shouldn't.

Why Texas? Why not any other port?

Back
Top Bottom