• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Image resizing

Checkerboard Strangler

Make Video Horizontal Again
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I'd like to ask folks to resize their images when posting them here.
I try to do that and mostly I try to be mindful that some here are using phones, so a huge image
is going to display badly on most of those portable and mobile devices.

Try grabbing one of the blue squares and shrinking your image a little bit, like this:

1654448817093.png

Is this still a problem? I thought the software recently changed to resize every oversized image to 1024 width automatically. It does this, and then we don't get the image too big error any more. This picture would have used to be too big to upload without resizing, at 6MB.

Test image (not manually reduced, 4032x3024):
A48B3952-4B11-4C2D-8839-4128A6C5A132.jpeg

Now it was added to the post, it has been resized to 1024x768 at less than 200kb.

Is this still a problem? I thought the software recently changed to resize every oversized image to 1024 width automatically. It does this, and then we don't get the image too big error any more. This picture would have used to be too big to upload without resizing, at 6MB.

Test image (not manually reduced, 4032x3024):
View attachment 67394913

Now it was added to the post, it has been resized to 1024x768 at less than 200kb.
For huge pics like yours, i usually use 640x480 as a standard when re-sizing

For huge pics like yours, i usually use 640x480 as a standard when re-sizing

For everyone else on laptops or desktops, it's an easy thing to zoom the image larger,
but I would suggest sizing images so that phone or tablet users aren't forced to scroll up/down/left/right to see
the entire image.

I use a phone an iPad and a laptop. On my iPhone I have to enlarge the pic sometimes to see it better on my iPad they are just right and on my laptop they are big but just fine. There has never been a time I have had to scroll up down or left right to see the whole
image on this forum

Last edited:
I'd like to ask folks to resize their images when posting them here.
I try to do that and mostly I try to be mindful that some here are using phones, so a huge image
is going to display badly on most of those portable and mobile devices.

Try grabbing one of the blue squares and shrinking your image a little bit, like this:

View attachment 67394909
How does one know how an image shows up on someone else's device?

For everyone else on laptops or desktops, it's an easy thing to zoom the image larger,
but I would suggest sizing images so that phone or tablet users aren't forced to scroll up/down/left/right to see
the entire image.
I use my phone for most of the day, never had an issue.

I use my phone for most of the day, never had an issue.

It may well be that the latest browser updates for iOS and Android can deal with it better than they used to.

It may well be that the latest browser updates for iOS and Android can deal with it better than they used to.
I don't know about those things, lol. I know what and where to click. It is an old phone I use for just those purposes, because I can't be bothered opening my laptop. Yep, lazy me.
I am having issues applying an avatar image. When I try, it tells me all kind of stories. Oh well, fangdangled technology.

Back
Top Bottom