• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I'm Voting For Johnson

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I watched the CNN town hall the other night with Johnson/Weld. So refreshing! I am so sick of both Hillary and Trump, the Democrats and the Republicans, I want to puke. This is the first time I have watched a presidential candidate recently where I didn't want to throw something at the television. While I don't agree with their entire platform, I can easily more stomach them than the other two clowns, by a long shot. I am no longer for anyone but Hillary and Trump. I am for Johnson/Weld.

He loses me on foreign policy.

I'm libertarian (social issues left, economic issues right) except one social issue - pro-life (mild), one economic issue - green (market based), and foreign policy in general - hawk.

I watched the CNN town hall the other night with Johnson/Weld. So refreshing! I am so sick of both Hillary and Trump, the Democrats and the Republicans, I want to puke. This is the first time I have watched a presidential candidate recently where I didn't want to throw something at the television. While I don't agree with their entire platform, I can easily more stomach them than the other two clowns, by a long shot. I am no longer for anyone but Hillary and Trump. I am for Johnson/Weld.

I'm with you. As a career military man, I can't stomach the thought of either Trump or Clinton becoming CINC. Trump says Clinton is unfit to be president, President Obama says Trump is unfit to be president. I think both Trump and Obama hit the nail on the head. Both Trump and Clinton in my opinion are unfit to be president.

Johnson seems like a very nice person. I don't think that qualifies him for president.

Johnson is a very weird pothead.

I'm libertarian (social issues left, economic issues right) except one social issue - pro-life (mild), one economic issue - green (market based), and foreign policy in general - hawk.

It's his open border stance I don't care for, but I agree with him more than I don't.

Johnson is a very weird pothead.

I wonder if republicans would attack him by calling him a pothead if he was actually a threat. I bet they would.

I wonder if republicans would attack him by calling him a pothead if he was actually a threat. I bet they would.

Probably...lol. I don't care if he is or not, its just what I noticed.

Johnson isn't weird because he's a pothead, he's simply weird, period. I'm a pothead who's way too normal.

Probably...lol. I don't care if he is or not, its just what I noticed.

Calling libertarians potheads is pretty much the only weapon republican have against libertarians. I just wish libertarians had a candidate that didn't feed the stereotype that libertarians are potheads. :(

Last edited:
It's his open border stance I don't care for, but I agree with him more than I don't.

I generally agree with libertarians more than I don't. But where I disagree (foreign policy), I find the libertarian position to be nutbaggery. It was the same with Ron Paul.

If libertarians would be more green and interventionist, I'd be one.

If republicans would be more liberal on social issues and interventionist, I'd be one.

If democrats would be more conservative economically and interventionist, I'd be one.

Given those things happening are against respective party logic, I'll be an independent.

Welcome to the family.

I generally agree with libertarians more than I don't. But where I disagree (foreign policy), I find the libertarian position to be nutbaggery. It was the same with Ron Paul.

If republicans would be more liberal on social issues and interventionist, I'd be one.

If democrats would be more conservative economically and interventionist, I'd be one.

Given those things happening are against respective party logic, I'll be an independent.

I'm the same way. I can't get behind a "platform". That's why I registered as an independent a few years ago. It makes it tough to pick a candidate these days as they seem to get behind that platform no matter what they actually think.

/looks-up duverger's law

Hey, that's a good one. I agree. :thumbs:

That is my reply to people who support third parties: you can vote for who ever you want, but third parties draw votes away from one of the major candidates.

If a moderate runs against an extremist, the moderate usually wins. If two moderates run, they split the vote and allow the extremist to win.

Funny how so many Independents share the same criteria you listed above, what is missing is a Common Sense Party for the masses stuck in the middle of this mess.

That is my reply to people who support third parties: you can vote for who ever you want, but third parties draw votes away from one of the major candidates.

If a moderate runs against an extremist, the moderate usually wins. If two moderates run, they split the vote and allow the extremist to win.
Thing is there is no moderate between the two Big Party candidates in the race, never thought I would say this but I miss Ron Paul.

I'm the same way. I can't get behind a "platform". That's why I registered as an independent a few years ago. It makes it tough to pick a candidate these days as they seem to get behind that platform no matter what they actually think.

Any political issue can be placed into one of three categories: Social, Economic and Foreign Policy. This year I'm kinda lucky as Clinton satisfies my position on social and foreign policy. I kinda feel her economics are not to be feared as her biggest thing was healthcare and that (probably doomed) ship has sailed. She also pushes on minimum wage, but I highly doubt anything close to $15 will become a reality before inflation demands such. So, I see her as mostly harmless on the one of three categories, and I agree with her on two of three.

If Bush had won his primary, I might vote republican. I'm from Florida and he did a great job here as Gov, even in regard to green issues. I said from the beginning, my vote would be determined by the republican primary: Bush = vote repub, Trump = vote dem, Other = vote green.

This is the first time I have watched a presidential candidate recently where I didn't want to throw something at the television.

i admit throwing an Oreo at (TV) Gore during the debates in 2000. i hit my mark, but in hindsight, i should have thrown a cookie at both candidates.

Thing is there is no moderate between the two Big Party candidates in the race, never thought I would say this but I miss Ron Paul.

To be perfectly honest, the opinion I have of the Green Party and libertarian party relates to distilling alcohol. The libertarian and Green Parties are simply more purified versions of the democratic and republican parties.

As a Clinton supporter I'm very happy with your decision. =)

To be perfectly honest, the opinion I have of the Green Party and libertarian party relates to distilling alcohol. The libertarian and Green Parties are simply more purified versions of the democratic and republican parties.

What? How do you figure?

Good choice (this joke will never get old)

Well being a hawk is generally considered one of the big no-nos of the LP platform.

Back
Top Bottom