• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I'm Voting For Johnson

I watched the CNN town hall the other night with Johnson/Weld. So refreshing! I am so sick of both Hillary and Trump, the Democrats and the Republicans, I want to puke. This is the first time I have watched a presidential candidate recently where I didn't want to throw something at the television. While I don't agree with their entire platform, I can easily more stomach them than the other two clowns, by a long shot. I am no longer for anyone but Hillary and Trump. I am for Johnson/Weld.

What people also aren't considering is that the two party system needs to be broken, lesser of two evils guilt vote be damned. Those who are sticking with the lesser of two evils don't understand that Hillary and Trump only represent the continuation of that dynamic. If Trump doesn't win now, there will be another Trump-like candidate that will win later, but he could be worse as we progress further. If Hillary doesn't win now then a Hillary-like candidate, but worse, will win later. It's inevitable.

I watched the CNN town hall the other night with Johnson/Weld. So refreshing! I am so sick of both Hillary and Trump, the Democrats and the Republicans, I want to puke. This is the first time I have watched a presidential candidate recently where I didn't want to throw something at the television. While I don't agree with their entire platform, I can easily more stomach them than the other two clowns, by a long shot. I am no longer for anyone but Hillary and Trump. I am for Johnson/Weld.

#FeeltheJohnson

Well being a hawk is generally considered one of the big no-nos of the LP platform.

Pretty much in all platforms. Sure, hawks are more common among Repubs than Dems but they're a rarity in either major party.

Also, my pro life (mild) and green (market based), despite being moderate, are big no-nos for the LP.

I'm for Johnson - Clinton.

Pretty much in all platforms. Sure, hawks are more common among Repubs than Dems but they're a rarity in either major party.

Also, my pro life (mild) and green (market based), despite being moderate, are big no-nos for the LP.

Except in libertarianism it's a topic that was written about in depth by many of the leading influences of the ideology. It's not just something that is no-no in the party, but something is very well established in the ideology itself as a violation of the non-aggression principle.

Except in libertarianism it's a topic that was written about in depth by many of the leading influences of the ideology. It's not just something that is no-no in the party, but something is very well established in the ideology itself as a violation of the non-aggression principle.

Non-aggression is great but I believe in self defense and the defense of others. That includes defending people from tyrants and genocide. I find the liberating position to be helping others achieve their own liberation. I do not find the liberating position to be allowing others to live under genocidal oppression.

I'm aware the LP disagrees. That's why I don't self identify as a libertarian.

As a Clinton supporter I'm very happy with your decision. =)

So funny us "neocons" (read: libertarian interventionists) support Hillary. I bet a few other Bush (1 and 2) supporters are voting Hillary.

I hope more Republicans from swing states follow your lead.

Non-aggression is great but I believe in self defense and the defense of others. That includes defending people from tyrants and genocide. I find the liberating position to be helping others achieve their own liberation. I do not find the liberating position to be allowing others to live under genocidal oppression.

Couldn't have phrased it better myself.

Wait a minute! Are you a Modern Whig? :mrgreen:

Self defense doesn't violate the non-aggression principle. Involving your people in a conflict that doesn't concern them only endangers your own people and leads to their deaths.

In my opinion, libertarians have the same veiws on following a strict constructionist veiw of the constitution that republicans do.

The Green Party are just more liberal democrats.

Not exactly. Libertarians would limit the power of the federal government and state governments even more than what was originally allowed.

Self defense doesn't violate the non-aggression principle. Involving your people in a conflict that doesn't concern them only endangers your own people and leads to their deaths.

Most people believe world affairs, genocide and world development does concern them. For one, democracies don't go to war against each other.

Most people believe world affairs, genocide and world development does concern them. For one, democracies don't go to war against each other.

How does it concern them? For example, exactly how did the civil war in Libya affect the American people?

Wait a minute! Are you a Modern Whig? :mrgreen:

I'm against economic protectionism (pro comparative advantage). I'm not a huge fan of public education, I think more should be privately funded. I support "Manifest Destiny" as a matter of spreading freedom not conquering or colonialism.

In what ways do you find my other positions Whiggy?

What in the hell does that have to do with anything? I asked you a question about a specific case and instead of answering you provide a link to some absolutely irrelevant peace theory.

If you can't understand, I can't help you. Feel free to keep believing that our borders will keep us safe. Keep ignoring world development and pretending it doesn't matter to the US. Keep your head in the sand, hoping globalization can be avoided. Best of luck.

If you can't understand, I can't help you. Feel free to keep believing that our borders will keep us safe. Keep ignoring world development and pretending it doesn't matter to the US. Keep your head in the sand, hoping globalization can be avoided. Best of luck.

Why are you ignoring my question? Are you having problems figuring out how the US had any business in Libya?

Wait a minute...

Are you a supporter of starting wars to spread democracy because of that theory? If so, I think you might have missed the point.

How does it concern them? For example, exactly how did the civil war in Libya affect the American people?

How did Hitler's rise effect the American people? Whether we like it or not we live in a global world, now more than ever. I don't agree with the Libertarians head in the sand foreign policy. If Japan had not bombed Pearl Harbor, Hitler would have gone on to rule the entire world, including the US. The world and the US owe Japan a very big thank you.

What in the hell does that have to do with anything? I asked you a question about a specific case and instead of answering you provide a link to some absolutely irrelevant peace theory.

I disagree. You tried to cherry pick a specific case and insinuated that it applies to all cases. And, history has not yet determined the final outcome of your specific case.

How did Hitler's rise effect the American people? Whether we like it or not we live in a global world, now more than ever. I don't agree with the Libertarians head in the sand foreign policy. If Japan had not bombed Pearl Harbor, Hitler would have gone on to rule the entire world, including the US. The world and the US owe Japan a very big thank you.

I can't help but notice that no one is interested in answering my question about Libya.

Anyway, Hitler never planned to fight the US. As for Japan, if FDR never issued an embargo against Japan they would have never bombed Pearl Harbor.

Back
Top Bottom