• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm thinking of getting a Kindle....any thoughts?

Oh okay. I didn't know about the battery life.

And I'm not talking about how light it is. Rather, how sturdy is it?

It's pretty solid. If you use a case with it, I doubt anything would really happen to it.

It's pretty solid. If you use a case with it, I doubt anything would really happen to it.

Oh okay. I'll probably still stick with paperbacks, though. :) I just like the feel of pages and flipping from one to the next when I'm relaxing and reading.

The battery life on the kindle is a month.

Well, actually, that's just the standby battery life. How long it lasts when you're reading it is actually dependent on page turns rather than strictly time. Those e-ink displays really only use electricity when they have to change what is shown on the page.

I can't for the life of me read books off an e-book reader. I can't stare at the screen long enough. Also, I tend to fall asleep when I read, so I'd likely break it eventually. Besides, what if a natural disaster happened and I lost power for a few weeks? It would be good for a few hours, but then it'd be just as useless as everything else that requires electricity.

The thing about ereaders is that they don't have an LCD screen. Reading eboks on a kindle emulator on your computer/iPad etc is not the same as using a Kindle/Nook/Kobo (what I have) etc because of its 'eink' display. Find a store that has a display of an ereader- any brand- and see what the difference is like, it's certianly very comfortable to read off of.

Well, actually, that's just the standby battery life. How long it lasts when you're reading it is actually dependent on page turns rather than strictly time. Those e-ink displays really only use electricity when they have to change what is shown on the page.

Either way, it's quite good. I got mine in early September, use it around an hour a day, and have charged it once. The battery wasn't even half empty.

Wow!!! Ordered my Kindle on Sunday from Amazon. Chose normal shipping. It was at my door today (Tuesday) at 5:30 AM. Amazon's got it right. Their business model rocks.

I've just downloaded Bush's memoirs. Uh-oh...... Ha!

Wow!!! Ordered my Kindle on Sunday from Amazon. Chose normal shipping. It was at my door today (Tuesday) at 5:30 AM. Amazon's got it right. Their business model rocks.

I've just downloaded Bush's memoirs. Uh-oh...... Ha!

i love my kindle, but why did you ruin yours?

Back
Top Bottom