• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm starting to think that Simpleton might not reveal his health care plan

No one knows healthcare like Donald, believe me. Everyone says so. Doctors come up to him, big burley men, with tears in their eyes and say "sir, how do you know so much about healthcare!"
:D

Why would he waste your tax dollars coming up with a plan that he knew Pelosi and Schumer would never allow, only to toss it into the garbage?
He never knew healthcare was so complicated!

Reactions: lwf
You know, the one that he promised would be released "within two weeks" about a half dozen times.

Maybe it was under audit.

That could be the issue.

He'll do it just before he leaves on 1/20. Then we'll have to install him!

President Trump said Monday that "nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated," as Republicans have been slow to unite around a replacement plan for ObamaCare.

"I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject," Trump said after a meeting with conservative governors at the White House.

What an idiot.

His butt kissers will tell us it is everyone else's fault he didn't come out with a plan. The truth is he is too ****ing stupid to understand it.

You still don’t get it, or maybe you just don’t want to. There was no way Dems were going to give Trump a win on HC.
They gave him a win on tax cuts! Oh yeah, Pelosi wasn't speaker then, was she? That was the year the GOP had both houses and the presidency. Still no healthcare plan.

Don't revise history.

We all heard him say "two weeks" and guess what? HE LIED!

You and all the other Trumpsters don't care. You're like a bunch of abused and neglected housewives "But I love him!"

They gave him a win on tax cuts! Oh yeah, Pelosi wasn't speaker then, was she? That was the year the GOP had both houses and the presidency. Still no healthcare plan.
LOL, Schumer would have blocked anything Trump proposed.
Stealers wheel said:
Don't revise history.
Just stating facts, no revision necessary.
Stealers Wheel said:
We all heard him say "two weeks" and guess what? HE LIED!

You and all the other Trumpsters don't care. You're like a bunch of abused and neglected housewives "But I love him!"
LOL panties all in a bunch, eh?

LOL, Schumer would have blocked anything Trump proposed.
Just stating facts, no revision necessary.

LOL panties all in a bunch, eh?
Yeah, I prefer presidents who don't lie. Perhaps you feel differently.

When the insurance industry is kept on as a player health insurance will never go down never....... in the last 70 years congress has never presented affordable insurance.

There are too many in congress who receive sweet contributions while at the same time have health insurance in their portfolios .......

The industry has been known to spend a million health care dollars a day to keep Single Payer off the table. Not wise use of health care dollars

Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes: If you knew the damn answer why’d you ask the question?
Huh? What question? I didn't ask any. I answered YOUR question posed back on post #13. And then I corrected your erroneous post on #18. It seems you've waded in over your head on this thread.
Perhaps my time is better spent in an exchange with someone who knows what they're talking about.

Huh? What question? I didn't ask any. I answered YOUR question posed back on post #13. And then I corrected your erroneous post on #18. It seems you've waded in over your head on this thread.
Perhaps my time is better spent in an exchange with someone who knows what they're talking about.
Be my guest.

You know, the one that he promised would be released "within two weeks" about a half dozen times.

That could be the issue.

The GOP has been lying about developing a health care plan for eleven years now. Trump, idiot that he is, just picked up the baton and kept the lie going.

But the fact remains: eleven years after the PR team coined "repeal and replace," and the GOP has never once come up with the "replace" part.

I saw Kayleigh McEneny present Trump's Healthcare plan on 60 minutes. Surely she wouldn't have lied to us. She promised.

34680862-0-image-a-33_1603315716905.jpg

Why would he release a plan he knew Pelosi and Schumer would never allow?

There is no Trump health plan. There never was.

There is no GOP health plan. There never was.

And there's not going to be.

I used to think the "if you get sick, die quickly" thing was leftwing hyperbole, but then COVID happened. Now it seems pretty clear that actually is the GOP's guiding principle on health care. That explains eleven years of trying to take away people's health care and replace it with nothing.

That could be the issue.

Don't you worry!

Biden is days away and will have a HC plan ready!

I used to think the "if you get sick, die quickly" thing was leftwing hyperbole, but then COVID happened. Now it seems pretty clear that actually is the GOP's guiding principle on health care. That explains eleven years of trying to take away people's health care and replace it with nothing.

There is no Trump health plan

Actually, there was

It's just socialized medicine isn't popular with the Majority of the Trump supporter

So, he had to just lead everybody on

There it is folks!

True . . . . but not entirely accurate. The simple fact is, ObamaCare actually was the GOP healthcare plan. It was based on the Dole plan from the mid-90s, and Romney Care when he was governor of MA.

Obama was very public with his advocacy of getting a Single Payer system. That effort was shot down by the legislature.
His fallback position was to advocate for "the public option" - essentially the power for individuals to buy healthcare insurance from the government instead of private insurers. This would have forced more competitive insurance rates, because the government program would, by its very nature, not be for profit. A logical step on the way to a Single Payer system somewhere down the line.
Unfortunately, once again Congress shot down the "government option".
Willing to play the long game, the only thing left was for Obama to settle for RomneyCare - a healthcare system that keeps the private insurers in the for-profit loop between you and your doctor, and charges a tax for the expanded coverage with a mandate for anyone who refuses to get insurance - just like Romney's in MA.

The real reason that the Republican have never come back with anything better, even after 10 years of ObamaCare, is because ObamaCare was their plan. That was the genius of Obama's push for fundamental healthcare reform. The GOP, intent of stifling him and making him a one-term president, kept moving the goal line farther and farther back. Congress successfully prevented Obama from scoring a touchdown - but he wisely pushed the Republicans all the way back into their own end zone, and settle for scoring a safety.

The GOP, unable to come up with anything better, scored a whopping goose egg on healthcare reform. Now, a decade later, with Biden-Harris in the White House, and in control of both Houses of Congress, ObamaCare has finally won the healthcare game 2 - 0.

The real reason that the Republican have never come back with anything better, even after 10 years of ObamaCare, is because ObamaCare was their plan.

Bingo. Republicans have no plan because ObamaCare was essentially their plan. Yet they still opposed it for purely political reasons.

True . . . . but not entirely accurate. The simple fact is, ObamaCare actually was the GOP healthcare plan. It was based on the Dole plan from the mid-90s, and Romney Care when he was governor of MA.

I think it's more accurate to say the ACA is consistent with the rhetoric conservatives chose to use for many years (in that it's market based, emphasized personal responsibility, etc). But it now seems clear that was empty rhetoric. Ask a rightwinger about the early-90s GOP position--or the one Ryan, Nunes, etc took just prior to the ACA--and they will probably tell you that it was just positioning, they never meant to actually do any of that.

The period since the ACA passed has been unprecedented in American health care. And saying the ACA was the GOP plan simply because they gave bad-faith lip service to some of the ideas in it gives the GOP unearned credit for the health care cost slowdown, the coverage gains, the improved health outcomes, etc we've seen. They've been trying to reverse all of that!

As it turns out, the GOP has never had a plan.

You still don’t get it, or maybe you just don’t want to. There was no way Dems were going to give Trump a win on HC.
So, he was not going to get a win so he took his ball and went home instead? This could be the most absurd defense of him yet.

So, he was not going to get a win so he took his ball and went home instead? This could be the most absurd defense of him yet.
You don’t know much abouut politics, do you?

The Great Negotiator turned out to be one of the least skilled negotiators we've ever seen.

Anyway, if that vaunted health plan is coming, today is the last day. Let's see what he's been working on these past five years!

Back
Top Bottom