• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm So Old I Remember...

I'm so old I remember when bands played ballads at concerts people held up Bic lighters instead of smartphones.

I'm so old I remember leaded gasoline.

(No politics, please.}
I'm so old I remember buying gasoline for $.25/gal and nobody had heard of leaded vs unleaded gas. Gas was just gas.

I'm so old I remember S&H Green Stamps.

I’m so old I used to deliver news papers on my bicycle, before dawn every day of the week for years, when I was a minor.

Some of my earnings went towards buying 33rpm records from a local store that sold nothing but vinyl records and posters.

I am so old I remember our car trips, with mom smoking in the front seat and I remember no smell or discomfort. The back seat looked like a hut and travel entertainment was comic books. No seatbelt was available.

i'm old enough to remember that if the interior decor wasn't leftover from the fifties, it was either green, brown, or orange.

i'm old enough to remember when carpets looked like they could use a good mowing.

i'm old enough to remember when we used to try to chug a whole 16 oz glass bottle of Coke like Mean Joe Greene in the commercial.

I’m so old I used to deliver news papers on my bicycle, before dawn every day of the week for years, when I was a minor.

Some of my earnings went towards buying 33rpm records from a local store that sold nothing but vinyl records and posters.
I'm so old I remember buying a special edition copy of The Beatles' white album printed on white vinyl.

i'm old enough to remember that if the interior decor wasn't leftover from the fifties, it was either green, brown, or orange.

i'm old enough to remember when carpets looked like they could use a good mowing.
You must remember the unfortunate avocado appliance era then.

I'm so old I remember day I came back to the States after living in Japan for three and a half years and spent the night in my Aunt and Uncle's house in Sacramento. They had a color TV and I saw my first episode of Star Trek. It was the one about Kirk vs The Gorn. For a teenage sci-fi nerd, that was the most amazing thing in the world.

You must remember the unfortunate avocado appliance era then.

oh yes. i remember that fondly, as i was a little kid. it's odd to think that my parents were significantly younger then than i am now.

I'm so old I remember when bands played ballads at concerts people held up Bic lighters instead of smartphones.

(No politics, please.}
I'm so old I remember that every TV, radio and telephone had a dial, and every watch and clock was analog and had to be wound up. There really was a pre-digital age, but it seems like it was someone else's life that lived it. And I laugh whenever I hear vestigial comments on TV like "don't touch that dial, we'll be right back", and wonder if there are youngster who are thinking "What the hell are they talking about?".

(No politics, please.}
I'm so old, we used to stand up to change the channel.

I'm so old, we used to stand up to change the channel.

our first color TV had tiny silver buttons that sensed the heat from your fingers. that's how you changed the channel. it was a good TV. i took it out of storage in the early 2000s and used it as my main TV again until it stopped displaying several colors.

I remember being angry when candy bars increased from a nickle to a dime, because, the dime added a penny of tax, and the
deposit on coke bottles did not increase.
I remember that the school bus came at 7:15, but we had to be up an hour early to put out milk bottles for the calf s, and feed for the
heifer s.

I'm so old I remember the smell of the TV warming up as the vaccum tubes heated the dust on them.
I remember the smoking sections on commercial flights.
I remember Hockey players didnt wear helmets.

Back
Top Bottom