• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm sick of people bad mouthing LeBron James.

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
All this bitching and complaining about LeBron James taking advantage of his immense talent. So he left Cleveland in a televised break up - so the **** what? Who gives a **** about Ohio anyways? Kid Cudi sure doesn't. He's in Los Angeles making money. Dear basketball fans, I know it's incredibly cool to criticize LeBron James for doing what most people ONLY dream of doing to the fat and RICH cats who control the NBA. For once, a black guy had a bunch of white guy scared ****less without the need to have a firearm in his hand. Haha kidding on that one. Anyways the point is, why are people so annoyed by what LeBron did? Why aren't they annoyed with the fact that for 7 years LeBron carried a team made up of mostly 2nd and 3rd rate players with only a SINGLE real talented player? Why aren't people mad that the same corporate entities who now criticize LeBron for leaving were too busy making money off his sweat to pay for some decent players?

How much did Cleveland make off LeBron? How much did he give to a city who's only redeeming quality is a devoted fan base? A lot more than Cleveland was willing to offer him. With that said...

Dear Cavaliers fans....

**** off. Blame the CEOs of the Cavs organization. Not LeBron for giving them the middle finger where all the country could see. Your anger is misplaced.

- Hatuey.

Last edited:
All this bitching and complaining about LeBron James taking advantage of his immense talent. So he left Cleveland in a televised break up - so the **** what? Who gives a **** about Ohio anyways? Kid Cudi sure doesn't. He's in Los Angeles making money. Dear basketball fans, I know it's incredibly cool to criticize LeBron James for doing what most people ONLY dream of doing to the fat and RICH cats who control the NBA. For once, a black guy had a bunch of white guy scared ****less without the need to have a firearm in his hand. Haha kidding on that one. Anyways the point is, why are people so annoyed by what LeBron did? Why aren't they annoyed with the fact that for 7 years LeBron carried a team made up of mostly 2nd and 3rd rate players with only a SINGLE real talented player? Why aren't people mad that the same corporate entities who now criticize LeBron for leaving were too busy making money off his sweat to pay for some decent players?

How much did Cleveland make off LeBron? How much did he give to a city who's only redeeming quality is a devoted fan base? A lot more than Cleveland was willing to offer him. With that said...

Dear Cavaliers fans....

**** off. Blame the CEOs of the Cavs organization. Not LeBron for giving them the middle finger where all the country could see. Your anger is misplaced.

- Hatuey.

Yeah -- the guy took LESS money for the opportununity to win a championship, and he might finally gety a chance to do so with his buddy Bosh also signing (for less money than he might have received elsewhere) and Wade, he just might be able to do just that.

Seems to me that he is displaying a lot of good, old American values there. He isn't just going for the bucks, but wanting to win and showing loyalty to his friends. If any of us did that, we would be lauded for it.

Someone shows absolutely no class and of course you are here to defend him. Is it because he is black? By the tone in our OP, it seems to play a part in your defense. You know, some of us are old enough to remember NBA players acting with class and modesty... something LeBron has absolute none of... I have no problem with him taking advantage of his talents. I have a lot of problems with his attitude and how he completely gave up on his team as it was getting schooled by players in green who actually work as a TEAM!!!

Dear Cavaliers fans....

- Hatuey.

Who is Lebron James?

Dear Cavaliers fans....

- Hatuey.
lebron james is an arrogant ass......i've no problem with him leaving cleveland, hell, i'm not that big of a basketball fan, it is the way that he left....why in the world did he have to have a 1 hour program to announce it? why not just say ' this isnt working in cleveland, and i'd like to try my luck in miami'?? why the the whole production number?? he is so full of himself, that it is unreal...and why, for the love of God, why, did espn feel the need to cater to his giant ego? i lost alot of respect for espn. problem with him leaving, nope....problem with the way he did it...YEP

Someone shows absolutely no class and of course you are here to defend him. Is it because he is black? By the tone in our OP, it seems to play a part in your defense. You know, some of us are old enough to remember NBA players acting with class and modesty... something LeBron has absolute none of... I have no problem with him taking advantage of his talents. I have a lot of problems with his attitude and how he completely gave up on his team as it was getting schooled by players in green who actually work as a TEAM!!!

How does he have no class? And why do people always make everything about race?

How does he have no class? And why do people always make everything about race?

The way it went down was pretty classless. The hour show devoted to him. The way he didn't inform the Cavs prior to the show that he was leaving. I personally think it was a good decision he left Cleveland, just not a fan of the way it happened.

lebron james is an arrogant ass......i've no problem with him leaving cleveland, hell, i'm not that big of a basketball fan, it is the way that he left....why in the world did he have to have a 1 hour program to announce it? why not just say ' this isnt working in cleveland, and i'd like to try my luck in miami'?? why the the whole production number?? he is so full of himself, that it is unreal...and why, for the love of God, why, did espn feel the need to cater to his giant ego? i lost alot of respect for espn. problem with him leaving, nope....problem with the way he did it...YEP

I think the program would have worked if he had decided to stay in Cleveland. He could have talked about how so many teams offered opportunites, but he decided to stay in Cleveland. But no, a whole 60 minute program about leaving for Miami? Hell, a game is only 48 minutes. Not one of the smartest decisions unless somebody tells me that ESPN made some big bucks on it. One of Lebron's biggest stats is the number NBA championships he's played on. Answer: zero.

I can't blame Cleveland folks for being mad. Hell, even Jordan left Chicago and played for Washington for a couple of seasons but Chicago folks weren't pissed at him. But he didn't showboat about it for weeks and then do an ESPN hour special.

I think what will happen about it is that NBA fans outside of Miami are gonna see him and his evil group as villians. But its gotta help the league as you'll have his supporters rooting and his haters hating, so interest is going to be high. I'm not mad LeBron left, its a free agent market and thats how pro sports go. Very few athletes stay on the same teams nowdays, so its not about loyalty.

I'm sick of people bad mouthing LeBron James.

That Lebron James is a dick, whoever he is.:2razz:

I didn't make it about race... i don't care what a person's race is. Ask Jesse Jackson why he decided to make a big deal about race...

You're absolutely right, "is it because he is black?" has nothing to do with race...

I was referring to Hatuey, who seems to defend anyone and everyone who does inexplicable things and happens to be black.

Are you channeling jfuh?

I don't begrudge any athlete making as much money as they can while they can. Their prime years as a competitor are finite and Dr. Injury can come knocking at any time.

That said, I can't remember any professional sports team signing the three top free agents available. It has a definite oder to it and it's not perspiration. Smells like either desperation or collusion.

I can understand Cleveland fans being upset because not only did he leave, but he left in an extremely tacky and classless way. However, it still ultimately boils down to the painful reminder that Cleveland is a joke of a sports town and gets bent over at every turn. Between Art Modell and LeBron James, they're getting tired of ninjas coming in the middle of the night and essentially razing the ground. Every time an Indians pitcher even gets within earshot of a Cy, he gets shipped off. Cliff Lee, C.C. Sabbathia, the list goes on.

The Browns are one of TWO teams right now who have never been to a Super Bowl. You know it has to sting that even these newer expansion franchises like the Panthers making it within five years of entering just has to sting.

The state of Ohio itself is nothing but a giant professional sports headache. Even the Reds standing a decent chance at the pennant this year can't undo all the hurt.

Yeah -- the guy took LESS money for the opportununity to win a championship, and he might finally gety a chance to do so with his buddy Bosh also signing (for less money than he might have received elsewhere) and Wade, he just might be able to do just that.

Seems to me that he is displaying a lot of good, old American values there. He isn't just going for the bucks, but wanting to win and showing loyalty to his friends. If any of us did that, we would be lauded for it.
By going from Cleveland to Miami, Lebron will make 6 times as much from his advertising contracts. He may have taken $2 million a year less by going to Miami, but that is chump change when compared to his advertising contracts.

I can't help it - I've gotta jump in and say that every time I see "lebron James" I imagine Dave Chapelle saying "I'm Lebron James, Bitch!"

I don't follow basketball at all, but I couldn't help but laugh when I heard that LeBron was going to host the LeBron James Variety Hour™ before announcing who he's going to sign with. What a douche

I don't begrudge any athlete making as much money as they can while they can. Their prime years as a competitor are finite and Dr. Injury can come knocking at any time.

That said, I can't remember any professional sports team signing the three top free agents available. It has a definite oder to it and it's not perspiration. Smells like either desperation or collusion.

It was collusion. That Wade, Bosh and King James were all going to Miami has been the worst kept secret since...well...ever. ANd its not like anyone did anything wrong. The Heat cleared the cap space, the players all stru\ng their contracts and extensions out to make it happen...no harm...no foul. Whether it pays off...we'll see.

Id LIKE to say the problem is the arrogance and belief that people actually CARE. Id like to say it...but I cant. The fact is he kept 3 cities and ultimately the entire NBA community on pins and needles so OBVIOUSLY it matters to a lot of people. The biggest problem is the perception of dishonesty...as if this wasnt a long ago planned and foregone conclusion. Still...nothing illegal or even unethical.

But what I WILL say is that I DONT CARE. Its not like I will ever pay a dollar to go to an NBA game. My values are somewhat different. Let him collect 26 million...just let someone else pay for it. And as long as the market will bear it athletes should collect everything people will pay. And before anyone cracks on athletes salaries, you dont hear too many people condemning Opera and her bank...and hell...she doesnt have to face 350 linemen or hit a 08 mile per hour fastball...

I was actually relieved to see him not in Chicago. Any team would jump at the chance to land a player of that caliber, and 90% of them would gut their current roster to do so. How effective will the duo of Wade and James be? This is quite a risky proposition as individual production will drop off, so if injuries take away a championship opportunity(ies), the chance for a dynasty will be doomed. IMHO, it is a disaster waiting to happen.

BTW, did anyone expect something different from someone hailed as "king" since they were 19?

Back
Top Bottom