• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm Pro-Life: Change My Mind

You too @Lursa

Reliably feeding "them"
is as "them"!
@Lursa
If you are questioning me providing links and sources, I have loads of them.

NO
Just Feeding "them" is as "them"
per my upload!
No Paraphrasing nor Editorializing required

Troll-1.jpg

No, what america has is the best medical expertise and equipment in the world. What they also have is one of the worst health care system in the world where a person can beggar his whole family for a cure.

Yes you have the beds and due to the stupidity of the american people and the failure of your government you also have all those beds filled to capacity. But your health system does not seve the greater number. They serve the wealthy and throw table scraps at the poor.

It would soun good to you but then you have made it clear that you do not understand how your health system actually works.

And no I am an atheist and an appeal to your imaginary friend is more an annoyance than anything else.

Documents I jhave already given a link to showed you that being human is part of the legal status of the unborn .

How amusing, you have heard that up to a certain point the fetus is not specifically human. So what is it until then?

No one questions they are alive. As I said the weaknesss of your position is that you think a potential imaginary life is equal to an actual living woman. Or that she has no more worth than a something you now say comes from a non human source.

You distort my statements and respond to the straw men you create.

If the life you seek to destroy is human and the rights you cite as justification are uniquely human, you seem to have constructed for yourself a conundrum.

It sounds a great deal like Animal Farm where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

No, what america has is the best medical expertise and equipment in the world. What they also have is one of the worst health care system in the world where a person can beggar his whole family for a cure.

Yes you have the beds and due to the stupidity of the american people and the failure of your government you also have all those beds filled to capacity. But your health system does not seve the greater number. They serve the wealthy and throw table scraps at the poor.

It would soun good to you but then you have made it clear that you do not understand how your health system actually works.

And no I am an atheist and an appeal to your imaginary friend is more an annoyance than anything else.

In Indiana, we NEVER ran out of beds to care for the sick. At this moment, there is an excess beds to patients. 30% of the ICU beds are unused at this moment.

Compared to the UK, the US has about 5 times as many ICU beds per citizen. In the UK care costs less is slower and people have died waiting for care.

I suppose you get what you pay for.

I heard that in other areas they of the US beds ran short. Medicine in the US is run from the state level. However, the FEDS came to the rescue in various places.

Here in Indiana, we have the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) and, if a person has no insurance, they get the care provided at the cost of the state.

You claimed knowledge of the after life. If you have none, then your claim of having knowledge would have been a lie.

I was affording you the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Sure, here you go:

The direct answer is that primate society - troops, bands, etc. predate human society - perforce, because our primate cousins were here first. & a good thing, because primate behavior underlies a lot of human interactions.

For details on the theory, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_society - specially Sociobiological theories.

My general feeling is that humans as individuals, naked and alone, unequipped and isolated from other humans are a pretty weak and vulnerable morsel on the food chain.

Put us into a group supported by all of our stuff and we terrorize every other animal on the planet.

As components of a society, we are each like cells in a greater whole. Each unique just like everyone else. ;)

What separates us from other animals is our ability to cooperate. The more divided we are, the more like animals we become.

You distort my statements and respond to the straw men you create.

If the life you seek to destroy is human and the rights you cite as justification are uniquely human, you seem to have constructed for yourself a conundrum.

It sounds a great deal like Animal Farm where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
No, I have no conundrum. You however who have a ideology that is anti abortion while being pro abortion do have a conundrum.
Animal farm was correct and pointed out a very real fact about reality. that no matter how much we believe in ideology, it is never the same as reality.

In Indiana, we NEVER ran out of beds to care for the sick. At this moment, there is an excess beds to patients. 30% of the ICU beds are unused at this moment.

Compared to the UK, the US has about 5 times as many ICU beds per citizen. In the UK care costs less is slower and people have died waiting for care.

I suppose you get what you pay for.

I heard that in other areas they of the US beds ran short. Medicine in the US is run from the state level. However, the FEDS came to the rescue in various places.

Here in Indiana, we have the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) and, if a person has no insurance, they get the care provided at the cost of the state.

You claimed knowledge of the after life. If you have none, then your claim of having knowledge would have been a lie.

I was affording you the benefit of the doubt.
Covid is not an equal opportunity disease. Just because it is less in your place does not make it less in others. America has been leading thew world in its incompetence to save lives and your only concern is your own neighborhood.
Far more have died in america. In america you get what you cannot afford.

I have made no claim about the after life.

And no, you were not affording me anything other than a twisting of my words.

Being human is well defined. It is your example here of how to muddy the water is where any confusion is created. I have no doubt you were having dinner with a bunch of anti abortionists to be so misinformed.

Humans are human from conception. There is no time when it can be said it is not human or even just not specifically human.

Where you are mistaken is in thinking that a human is a human is an equal. It's not, it is a tautology.

However the same cannot be said for the concept of rights. In the case of whether to abort or not is an argument that the right of the woman and the right of the unborn are not equal.

As to your point of the woman is under equipped to decide. That raises the question of who is. And if we are to believe your scenario then the answer would have to be no one could possibly understand what is a human. So the only person it makes sense to give the decision to would be the person effected, ie. the pregnant woman.

At the end of your post, I notice that you changed from the category "human" to the category "person".

Human is more of a biological term while person is more of a legal one. I support the legal authorization of women to choose to abort in our society.

However denying the humanity of the separate life that is ended when the abortion occurs does not seem like a good thing to do.

It is possible to support the legal right to abort and to acknowledge that the other life being ended, not the woman who is choosing, is also human.

At the end of your post, I notice that you changed from the category "human" to the category "person".

Human is more of a biological term while person is more of a legal one. I support the legal authorization of women to choose to abort in our society.

However denying the humanity of the separate life that is ended when the abortion occurs does not seem like a good thing to do.

It is possible to support the legal right to abort and to acknowledge that the other life being ended, not the woman who is choosing, is also human.
Yep. It's a human. And a dead one after the abortion.....or get your money back

Please explain to me why you support the legal authorization of women to choose to abort in our society?

Because that is not supported by the idea that, denying the humanity of the separate life that is ended when the abortion occurs does not seem like a good thing to do.

When those two ideas are put together I get that it is not a good thing to support abortion, but your going to support it any way.

Also begs the question of where are placing the word " women"? As a biological term or a legal one.

No, I have no conundrum. You however who have a ideology that is anti abortion while being pro abortion do have a conundrum.
Animal farm was correct and pointed out a very real fact about reality. that no matter how much we believe in ideology, it is never the same as reality.

You are confusing the individual with the society.

I feel that the unborn is a human. I feel that the society has certain rules and guidelines.

I feel, as an example, that there is nothing at all bad about smoking weed. I approve of it being legal in society. I choose to not use it.

I feel that it is damaging to humans making them less than they could be, but some seem to aspire to this "lessness".

So, while I feel that abortion is ending a human life and that is a bad thing, our society has no suitable alternative.

By the process of elimination, i am left with supporting what is offered.

Out of curiosity, do YOU proudly and loudly endorse the concept of ending human life as a matter of course in all pursuits?

Covid is not an equal opportunity disease. Just because it is less in your place does not make it less in others. America has been leading thew world in its incompetence to save lives and your only concern is your own neighborhood.
Far more have died in america. In america you get what you cannot afford.

I have made no claim about the after life.

And no, you were not affording me anything other than a twisting of my words.

In the US ALL patients suffering were cared for with equal treatment. NOBODY needing care for Covid was turned away.

What are you talking about?

In an earlier post you indicated certainty about some aspect of the afterlife.

Do you know what "cite a source" means? It means provide proof of your claims. Notably, a link to proof.
I often wonder, whether on this topic or another, when someone has stated their views and won't accept ANYONE ELSE'S and keeps flooding a thread even after the horse has been flogged, that there might be a personal reason?
Take this topic, did someone get someone pregnant and then that lady went and had an abortion, so the certain someone has to keep pursuing the topic page after page even though the topic has been exhausted?
Just a though, it does make me curious :cool:

In the US ALL patients suffering were cared for with equal treatment. NOBODY needing care for Covid was turned away.

What are you talking about?

In an earlier post you indicated certainty about some aspect of the afterlife.
If that were true. And I am not doubting it. Then why cannot such equality also be extended to women who are pregnant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mater... US has the "highest,17.8 per 100,000 in 2009.
The US has the "highest rate of maternal mortality in the industrialized world." In the United States, the maternal death rate averaged 9.1 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births during the years 1979–1986, but then rose rapidly to 14 per 100,000 in 2000 and 17.8 per 100,000 in 2009.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/america-is-failing-its-black-mothers/
Put simply, for black women far more than for white women, giving birth can amount to a death sentence. African American women are three to four times more likely to die during or after delivery than are white women. According to the World Health Organization, their odds of surviving childbirth are comparable to those of women in countries such as Mexico and Uzbekistan, where significant proportions of the population live in poverty.

Irving’s friend Raegan McDonald-Mosley, chief medical director for Planned Parenthood Federation of America, told ProPublica, “You can’t educate your way out of this problem. You can’t health-care-access your way out of this problem. There’s something inherently wrong with the system that’s not valuing the lives of black women equally to white women.”

Is it not a poor choice to say you have the best health care system is judged by the success of how it handles a pandemic and not by how it handles something that can happen to nearly every woman.

Being human is well defined. It is your example here of how to muddy the water is where any confusion is created. I have no doubt you were having dinner with a bunch of anti abortionists to be so misinformed.

Humans are human from conception. There is no time when it can be said it is not human or even just not specifically human.

Where you are mistaken is in thinking that a human is a human is an equal. It's not, it is a tautology.

However the same cannot be said for the concept of rights. In the case of whether to abort or not is an argument that the right of the woman and the right of the unborn are not equal.

As to your point of the woman is under equipped to decide. That raises the question of who is. And if we are to believe your scenario then the answer would have to be no one could possibly understand what is a human. So the only person it makes sense to give the decision to would be the person effected, ie. the pregnant woman.

As you say, the decision is given to the woman. That is the decision of our society that I support.

Whether or not the unborn, in some states now, the recently born, is human or not is in no way associated with any assumed knowledge or capability.

The Mother, by any reasonable assessment of the situation, is pronounced to be the owner of this other human and is entitled to do with it what she will.

Do you know what "cite a source" means? It means provide proof of your claims. Notably, a link to proof.

What point is it that you would like to have linked?

What point is it that you would like to have linked?
ANY POINT.
If anyone, not just you, states something as positive, they should provide a link to the information that backs up what they are claiming, otherwise it is JUST opinion.
Nothing wrong with opinion, but when people state opinions and pass them off as "facts", then they are following the Fox News rule: just state opinion as fact and never back up your facts with any evidence.
Example: The Stolen Election. So many, on the Right, saying it was definitely stolen, but never can back that claim up with any evidence.
Funny how that works, isn't it?

If that were true. And I am not doubting it. Then why cannot such equality also be extended to women who are pregnant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternal_mortality_in_the_United_States#:~:text=The US has the "highest,17.8 per 100,000 in 2009.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/america-is-failing-its-black-mothers/

Is it not a poor choice to say you have the best health care system is judged by the success of how it handles a pandemic and not by how it handles something that can happen to nearly every woman.

I know that facts can be selected to support whatever opinion you may desire to have supported.

I also know that a woman in Indiana who had been previously divorced and was between jobs had no income and no prospect of having an income very soon.

She took advantage of the Healthy Indiana Plan which is a Medicaid extension program initiated by Mike Pence when he was governor here.

She was fully insured at either no cost or a cost so low it might as well have been free.

She has since gained full time employment and has insurance through her employer.

In the US, the programs of health insurance are most often based on Employers.

As such, the best thing to do to provide HEALTH INSURANCE, not healthCARE, in the US is to fire up the economy as Trump had done before the covid shut downs.

Our health "experts" fumbled around on all sides of all questions and the willing dupes in our media parroted their insanity without question or review.

The problem(s) with our healthcare system are largely political.

As you say, the decision is given to the woman. That is the decision of our society that I support.

Whether or not the unborn, in some states now, the recently born, is human or not is in no way associated with any assumed knowledge or capability.

The Mother, by any reasonable assessment of the situation, is pronounced to be the owner of this other human and is entitled to do with it what she will.
How ridiculous are you planning on being. No one is making the argument that a pregnant woman owns the pregnancy or that she can do as she pleases. I have already given you a link that demonstrates that a woman has legal responsibility to the health and welfare of the fetus , post 915# if you care to look again.

Nor is there any state where the recently born is owned by anyone. Those that are born have rights.

This is not explaining how you manage to align to contradictory views.

Back
Top Bottom