• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm pretty sure Gatorade is the best non-alcoholic drink ever.

Mr.Nick

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Bar none it's the best...

I love juice but when you're really thirsty Gatorade is the way to go.

It's one of the most underrated concoctions ever.

There should be an all sports hall of fame named after the guy who invented it - that's how great it is.

When you're really thirsty Gatorade hits the spot...

There should be an all sports hall of fame named after the guy who invented it - that's how great it is.

Meh. After years of summer legion ball over the hottest of summers, Gatorade quenches thirst, but it doesn't take long to grow tired of the taste.

Meh. After years of summer legion ball over the hottest of summers, Gatorade quenches thirst, but it doesn't take long to grow tired of the taste.

That's why they have different flavors. :)

If you want you can even dump a bit of booze in it lol.

Gatorade is much better than water, but may not be so good for those (few) that must control (limit) their sodium.

Which Fluid Hydrates Best: Water or a Sports Drink? | ACTIVE

Sports Nutrition | Compare Sports Drinks

That's why they have different flavors. :)

If you want you can even dump a bit of booze in it lol.

Ah... the only flavor I seem to really like after years of drinking the stuff is the ice blue flavor.

Besides, if I put booze in it, I don't think that would go over well in competition ball. Not to mention it kinda defeats the purpose of keeping you hydrated. :D

Gatorade is much better than water, but may not be so good for those (few) that must control (limit) their sodium.

Which Fluid Hydrates Best: Water or a Sports Drink? | ACTIVE

Sports Nutrition | Compare Sports Drinks

Yeah too much electrolytes will kill you - that's why people OD on water...

You have to drink allot to die...

Isn't it funny you can OD on electrolytes (water) but not weed?.... I don't want to turn this into a debate about weed but It's still funny er "odd" - I find it odd and interesting..

Ah... the only flavor I seem to really like after years of drinking the stuff is the ice blue flavor.

Besides, if I put booze in it, I don't think that would go over well in competition ball. Not to mention it kinda defeats the purpose of keeping you hydrated. :D

It's better than soda...

Yeah I wouldn't recommend dancing with a mixed Gatorade drink if you're not much of a drinker.... I suppose it works for rock stars tho.. :)

Myself I don't care for the Gatorade. I went with the Fuse Juice Drinks.

1306922956348.jpg

th

0008079380336_500X500.jpg

I mainly stick to the ones with the Vitamins mixed in. Same deal if ya want to add alcohol. ;)

I drink Mio a lot now. Bottle carries in your pocket, and as long as you have a bottled water around, you have a drink. Hell, sometimes I take a bottle of Mio to restaurants and just squirt my drink a couple times.

They also have energy drink lines of Mio. I have one that tasted like Mountain Blueberry flavored Gatorade.

Oh...and much cheaper.

Isn't it funny you can OD on electrolytes (water) but not weed?.... I don't want to turn this into a debate about weed but It's still funny er "odd" - I find it odd and interesting..

When you OD on water it is because you have decreased the concentration of electrolytes. Not the other way around.

I'll drink a Gatorade when I go play basketball, but it's far from the top of the list of my favorite drinks. I was addicted to green tea lattes when I was in Japan. Right now, it's a close race between expresso drinks and fresh juice from the juicer. Even a combo as simple as carrots and ginger is quite refreshing.

I'll drink a Gatorade when I go play basketball, but it's far from the top of the list of my favorite drinks. I was addicted to green tea lattes when I was in Japan. Right now, it's a close race between expresso drinks and fresh juice from the juicer. Even a combo as simple as carrots and ginger is quite refreshing.

Ginger is nasty to eat...but don't tell americanwoman.

It's better than soda...

Yeah I wouldn't recommend dancing with a mixed Gatorade drink if you're not much of a drinker.... I suppose it works for rock stars tho.. :)

Dancing? I wasn't dancing with Gatorade. I was roasting in the sun all summer watching my son play baseball. I dance, but not at ballfields. :lol:

When you OD on water it is because you have decreased the concentration of electrolytes. Not the other way around.

I'm not a medical doctor however I know it's an electrolyte/sodium imbalance that kills you if you drink too much water.

I'm just shocked anyone has the stomach to even consume what it would take to kill you.

Dancing? I wasn't dancing with Gatorade. I was roasting in the sun all summer watching my son play baseball. I dance, but not at ballfields. :lol:

Haha.... Your comment made it seem as if you were a ballroom dancer...

Ok.... Maybe you don't need Gatorade then :)

Buy your son a bottle..... Sunflower seeds and Gatorade was my thing when I used to play ball....

I'm not a medical doctor however I know it's an electrolyte/sodium imbalance that kills you if you drink too much water.

I'm just shocked anyone has the stomach to even consume what it would take to kill you.

Water intoxication is also known as water poisoning, or dilutional hyponatremia. Many times it can happen with extremely healthy folk. As a Corpsmen I have treated many a Marine who believed that drinking just water during high heat physical activity is OK. They sweat out electrolytes and then dilute the remaining electrolytes even further when they drink large amounts of water. We would then replace those electrolytes with IV Ringers Lactate . . . a blood volume expander that carries almost the same chemical makeup as Gatorade. In fact, we called it "Sterile Gatorade". Gatorade . . . it's what a body craves. Good stuff. My new favorite flavor is the white "Frost" that sorta tastes like the white part of a Bomb Pop popsicle.

I never said that too much salt, in and of itself, will "kill you" - I simply pointed out that Gatorade contains more sodium than most drinks. If you suffer from high blood pressure that may be a concern. Salt (sodium) does not kill you but hypertension just might.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/493696

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sodium/NU00284

I have friends who bike competitively and they only take this with water:

Nuun | Optimal Hydration

Me too, in fact my nephew use to race pro (but not very well, hence the words, "use to"), and back before my spine turned to bubble wrap I use to mountain bike race (strictly amateur, also not very good) a few times every summer. However, Bike-Guys also follow strict diet guidelines prior to races and even when training. They also have bodies that are trained to levels most people would never understand, including Marines. And, for as many who don't use Gatorade, there are just as many using it . . . in many cases it is diluted to 1-part water and 1-part Gatorade. They carry Cliff Bars and Goo too . . . so they are replacing electrolytes in a different way.

Water intoxication is also known as water poisoning, or dilutional hyponatremia. Many times it can happen with extremely healthy folk. As a Corpsmen I have treated many a Marine who believed that drinking just water during high heat physical activity is OK. They sweat out electrolytes and then dilute the remaining electrolytes even further when they drink large amounts of water. We would then replace those electrolytes with IV Ringers Lactate . . . a blood volume expander that carries almost the same chemical makeup as Gatorade. In fact, we called it "Sterile Gatorade". Gatorade . . . it's what a body craves. Good stuff. My new favorite flavor is the white "Frost" that sorta tastes like the white part of a Bomb Pop popsicle.

It's an electrolyte/sodium imbalance.

I love Gatorade too that's why this thread is awesomeness...

I don't think I've ever had that flavor before...I'll have to see if I can find it.

Well that one woman died for that "pee a wii" nonsense...

Back
Top Bottom