• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm optimistic!

close the schools. this is madness.

For the first time since this pandemic started I am feeling quite optimistic...
You have been overly optimistic since way back here:

This is like a horrible docuseries where you know how it ends. We are in the spike right now. Yes there will be many deaths. We knew that. It's far less than expected. It will end up right around 67k as predicted by me. Notice I don't post every single day about nonsense like this.

You have been overly optimistic since way back here:

We know a lot more about C19 these days. I think my prediction could have been pretty close to correct if everybody did the right thing back then.

It's nice to hear from my fanboys!

We know a lot more about C19 these days. I think my prediction could have been pretty close to correct if everybody did the right thing back then.
That is pure fantasy, monday morning quarterbacking. The point remains, stop your "predicting", you are REALLY ****ty at it.

It's nice to hear from my fanboys!
A person responds to your idiocy, you think they like you. That smells of desperation.

Now I have a stalker!

close the schools. this is madness.

While I agree with you for the most part there are segments of the country with very low Trump – virus incidents

My grandkids go to school in Montana, which experiences low rates of the virus. In their instance, physically attending school is not a high risk proposition

While I agree with you for the most part there are segments of the country with very low Trump – virus incidents

My grandkids go to school in Montana, which experiences low rates of the virus. In their instance, physically attending school is not a high risk proposition

Until it is.

i believe 2-3 million is the amount of death required for herd immunity to become effective

Overwhelmed medical facilities would make that number much higher. The Spanish Flu killed upwards of 50 million.

I’m not at all worried about the media scaring people. In fact I believe that part of the reason the states like Arizona are improving is that people finally got scared enough to take this seriously. Governments in this country don’t seem to act to shut things down or mandate masks unless those in charge get scared either.

There is no question that the virus can be controlled. Most other developed countries are doing it and some US states are as well. However, if the message is “don’t worry” people don’t seem to take things seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To the bolded: Absolutely!

As long as their adequately tested. Otherwise, you probably won't know they're infected until Grandma & Grandpa end-up in the hospital!

I’m not at all worried about the media scaring people. In fact I believe that part of the reason the states like Arizona are improving is that people finally got scared enough to take this seriously. Governments in this country don’t seem to act to shut things down or mandate masks unless those in charge get scared either.

There is no question that the virus can be controlled. Most other developed countries are doing it and some US states are as well. However, if the message is “don’t worry” people don’t seem to take things seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reason AZ is doing better is because the bars were shut down and we started wearing masks. We shut down tubing, theatres and gyms as well. I don't think anybody who wasn't scared before is scared now. I think the media just makes those who were scared more scared.

Things are continuing to trend in the right direction!

You're going to get it sooner or later it's just a matter of when. In the meantime why shut down all human interaction?

OR, you can wait until you get vaccinated...…………….

Last edited:
I don't think the pandemic is close to over either but I do think we are gonna get the numbers significantly down in the next couple months.

How?

We are not following medical guidlines.

How?

We are not following medical guidlines.

Mitigation is happening in more places. More people are wearing masks. Look at the links I posted above. The transmission rate is falling in many states especially the the states that were hit the worst recently. We don't have millions of protesters in the streets like we did before.

Mitigation is happening in more places. More people are wearing masks. Look at the links I posted above. The transmission rate is falling in many states especially the the states that were hit the worst recently. We don't have millions of protesters in the streets like we did before.

i hope you are correct, i just don't see it

people are doing less and less... by a lot, around here to mitigate

testing is saving NY now... the contact tracing

The school openings, and seasonal retreat inside will tell the tale. There's lots more to come I think.

The school openings, and seasonal retreat inside will tell the tale. There's lots more to come I think.

It's not over! I do think we are going to see a downtrend in numbers. If this happens we can be in a position to be ahead of the virus instead after it. I think we will have better and faster testing so fewer time in between for people to infect others. I think it will be possible to more effectively contact trace once the numbers are better controlled. Hopefully more families and friends wear masks this time when in close proximity indoors during the winter. People in southern and western hotspots will start heading outdoors more when the weather cools.

I think we will see some ups and downs but not a big new wave. I've been of the belief that flu season won't be nearly as bad this year because of current mitigations.

I'm more concerned with out of control college students than K-12 kids. Hopefully it's just a slight bump at the beginning of the year.

i hope you are correct, i just don't see it

people are doing less and less... by a lot, around here to mitigate

testing is saving NY now... the contact tracing

I'm in AZ and our numbers are way down since our current mitigations. We aren't locked down by any means. We blew it with the opening but I think we've done well to right the ship. Other states can follow a similar model. Basically just shut down the big gathering bars and clubs.

Back
Top Bottom