• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm not on the ballot but my policies are....

mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

So, what does yesterdays elections tell you about his policies?

So, what does yesterdays elections tell you about his policies?

That the blacks and young people did not turn out to support him at record levels....and possibly that some people may have been afraid of catching Ebola, but mostly the first one

That the blacks and young people did not turn out to support him at record levels....and possibly that some people may have been afraid of catching Ebola, but mostly the first one

If his policies were so worth protecting, you'd think they would have.

That probably means they're racist.

That probably means they're racist.

Maybe.

Not much the GOP can do to change them at this point. At least we will get some sort of minimum wage increase and immigration reform passed. The problem has never been Obama. It was Harry Reid. Now that the country has removed one crybaby with another one, at least something different will happen. Can't get worse that is for sure.

lol

Nothing makes someone turn against the person they claimed to be aligned with faster than a lame duck election.

Not much the GOP can do to change them at this point. At least we will get some sort of minimum wage increase and immigration reform passed. The problem has never been Obama. It was Harry Reid. Now that the country has removed one crybaby with another one, at least something different will happen. Can't get worse that is for sure.

Wanna make a bet?

I did. Do you think that the election results indicate in any way whether or not Obama's policies are good?

According to the President, they do.

According to the President, they do.

I was unaware that the President started this thread. I'm curious as to the opinion of the person who did.

I was unaware that the President started this thread. I'm curious as to the opinion of the person who did.

Considering that the President clearly stated that this election was a referendum on his policies, and the elections were a significant Republican sweep, I think it safe to say that his policies to date are not largely popular.

The president is unpopular. The GOP is unpopular. The congress is unpopular, and more than half the country thinks the country is moving in the wrong direction. And the fact is, this election didn't change any of that.

The president is unpopular. The GOP is unpopular. The congress is unpopular, and more than half the country thinks the country is moving in the wrong direction. And the fact is, this election didn't change any of that.

Your statement contradicts itself...more than once.

The Republicans were so unpopular yesterday they took over the senate and picked up at least 10 seats in the House. There are also 31 Republican Governors in our 50 states. Yep, that seems unpopular to me too.

Last edited:
I did. Do you think that the election results indicate in any way whether or not Obama's policies are good?

I think the NY Times probably stated it best.

Riding Wave of Discontent, G.O.P. Takes Senate

Propelled by economic dissatisfaction and anger toward the president, Republicans grabbed Democratic Senate seats in North Carolina, Colorado, Iowa, West Virginia, Arkansas, Montana and South Dakota to gain their first Senate majority since 2006.

Anger is a strong word. I would say the feeling is more like, enough is enough.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/05/us/politics/midterm-elections.html?_r=0

Μολὼν λαβέ;1063948492 said:
The Republicans were so unpopular yesterday they took over the senate and picked up at least 10 seats in the House. There are also 31 Republican Governors in our 50 states. Yep, that seems unpopular to me too.

and gained at least three state legislatures.

The Republicans were so unpopular yesterday the took over the senate and picked up at least 10 seats in the House. There are also 31 Republican Governors in our 50 states. Yep, that seems unpopular to me too.

Greetings, Mo. :2wave:

Well, I can't argue with what I saw last night! The fact that millions of voters all across the country felt the same way about things should have been a real eye-opener to both parties that people are not happy with the status quo, and they spoke with their vote that they want the attitude in DC to change! Compromise is sorely needed, and the "my way or the highway" thinking needs to be sent to the trashcan where it belongs! :2mad: We shall see...

Both parties are unpopular, but the GOP took over the senate and picked up seats in the congress. Those are the facts. If you think anything is going to change or get better, you're not accepting all the facts.

Both parties are unpopular, but the GOP took over the senate and picked up seats in the congress. Those are the facts. If you think anything is going to change or get better, you're not accepting all the facts.

In the absence of some great Republican plan, a "Contract with America" so to speak, it's obvious that with the huge gains Republicans achieved across the country that Americans are hoping for change. Why? Because they disagree with the way things have been going.

The contract on America by Gingrich was a joke and led to the government shutdown.
GOPs hated Gingrich more than DEMs.

It wasn't until Speaker Hastert from my state replaced Gingrich did we have something accomplished with Clinton .

The contract on America by Gingrich was a joke and led to the government shutdown.
GOPs hated Gingrich more than DEMs.

It wasn't until Speaker Hastert from my state replaced Gingrich did we have something accomplished with Clinton .

Irrelevant. The Contract With America was a solid party wide plan that lead to a Republican wave. Despite having no such unifying and overarching plan, Republicans swept it in 2014. Why do you think that's so?

Back
Top Bottom