• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm not going to that Hell Hole!

I had stones thrown at me and was scowled at in Kyrgyzstan. I think, it would have happened to any foreigner, because people rarely have anything against Irish citizens, except for the occasional English person. Though, many/most people in Kyrgyzstan were friendly enough...

I can't remember the city or if this is true everywhere in Iran, but my sister told me that many entrance doors actually have two different announcement chimes. One chime is for male visitors and the other is for female visitors. This allows the family in the house to know immediately which gender is knocking at their door and thus which family member should respond to the door chime. Sis says it is designed this way to avoid embarrassing the opposite gender in Iranian culture.

In the houses of the very religious folk, that is likely.
I didnt notice it though, probably because the very religious seemed to avoid contact with me, unless they were issuing demands and commands, such as many of the Tehran airport authorities were. Some buildings in Iran actually have gender doors. A different one for each gender I mean.

Shayah, I asked you before what takes your sister to the countries she visits. If you answered it, I cant find the answer with it being so busy on the forums.

Would you post the answer here, if you want.

Jamaica, but it's not the politics. It's the hostility of the general population.

Really? I was in Jamaica not all that long ago and was treated great. I think as long as you stay generally out of Kingston you are fine in Jamaica.

Really? I was in Jamaica not all that long ago and was treated great. I think as long as you stay generally out of Kingston you are fine in Jamaica.

Admittedly, it's been awhile since I was there, and it was in Ocho Rios. I honestly didn't feel safe if I left the hotel area at all, and I'm not a wilting flower in the least little bit. Every night we were there until the last two nights, we had people trying to break into the hotel room (until we reported it to the hotel manager), and the streets didn't seem any safer than gang areas here in the States. Maybe it's better now, but I will never go back.

Shayah, I asked you before what takes your sister to the countries she visits. If you answered it, I cant find the answer with it being so busy on the forums. Would you post the answer here, if you want.
My sister loves to travel. She is also very interested in our family heritage which includes the Czarist "Pale of Settlement" areas. In addition, she has academic degrees in Astrophysics/Cosmology and attends scientific symposiums in countries around the globe.

Did a quick search. Here is an Iranian entranceway with different knockers. One for each gender.

2071219971_c2a31a5c24.jpg

Other countries? Hell, I make a point of driving around Illinois when I have to go back East.

I used to drive down into Mexico every few months to visit the dentist, though.

Back
Top Bottom