• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I'm No Crook?

Pacridge said:
Maybe but if your place of business was your residence, IE the White House, that might not transfer the logic of your argument.

The White House official offices & the first family residence is separated. Not much different than having a home based business. You should logically keep your family/home things separate from your business things.

I for one, think that sex and the workplace should go hand-and-hand, and be promoted. I mean right after sex I am really focused and ready to take on the challenges that my job has to offer. But thank god I dont work in library or a nursing home. :)

Pacridge said:
So every time someone has an affair with their assistant or sec. it's sexual harassment? People like Newt Gingrich might well disagree with you.

In a situation where a person has been accused of sexual harassment several times before, and there is a claim made that he is again having relations with a subordinate in his office, there is reason for an investigation.

ESPECIALLY in a job where the person is an incredibly visible, incredibly public figure.

If this had happened to a middle manager director of accounting, it wouldnt have been such a big deal.

If it had happened to the CEO of disney, it would be.

So then? Who thinks W. Mark Felt is a hero? If you will remember; Linda Tripp was mentioned in articles in newspapers before she came out with her infornation. It is more than likely that Lucy Goldberg was the leak for the information since she had also talked to Linda Tripp and Monica. I don't think Linda Tripp intended heroic actions but just to try to save her job and maybe reputation which was good in all her job evaluations.

Chuck Colson was tried and convicted for doing exactly what W. Mark Felt did and he spent 7 years in jail. This was the Ellsberg papers.

Ken Starr was chastized by the news media and in particular by CBS News anchor Dan Rather (June 15, 1998 ) for he and a staff member that talked to news reporters about the Clinton Investigation. Of course Dan had to give up his evening job for incompetency but do you think his replacement, Mr. Bob Schiefer will have much to say about W. Mark Felt who did the same thing as Chuck Colson and Ken Starr?

Yesterday MSNBC ran a poll with the simple question, "Do you think Mark Felt, Deep Throat, is a hero or a traitor?" This is why I don't hold any fondness for polls nor believe in their results. 73% said he was a hero and 21% said he was a traitor.

Do you think it would have made a difference in the numbers if MSNBC would have asked, "Do you think Mark Felt should have broken the law or should he have gone to the proper authorities?"

As far as I am concerned, the media is playing their usual game. Mark Felt is a hero and Chuck Colson is a convicted criminal who the media called on to be prosecuted. When Matt Lauer asked asked Woodstein what they thought, "Do you think Mark Felt was a hero for coming forward now or did he do it so his family could profit?", you again have a softball question that bypasses the question about illegality all together.

W. Mark Felt was the number two man at the FBI and had nothing to fear if he went to the authorities and told them that if they didn't act or if something happened to him the entire story would come out. He was in the top 5 of sworn law enforcement officers in this country and he broke his oath and committed a felony. All I can say is that it is good he wasn't a Republican.
:duel :cool:

I was too young to understand Watergate the first time around. I'm thinking of renting "All the President's Men" for my kids.

But honestly..."Deep Throat" and Monica Lewinsky in the same paragraph? Talk about baaaaaaaaaaad mental pictures! :lol:

Rev. said:
I was too young to understand Watergate the first time around. I'm thinking of renting "All the President's Men" for my kids.

But honestly..."Deep Throat" and Monica Lewinsky in the same paragraph? Talk about baaaaaaaaaaad mental pictures! :lol:

One of my friends put it well:

"I've never seen so many distinguished people say Deep Throat in one day..."

Rev. said:

When you rent the movie, which was an excellent production by the way; do you think you should tell your chilcren what you know now? That W. Mark Felt who is portrayed in the movie as "the source" Deep Throat may have had a personal agenda against President Nixon for being passed over for FBI Director? That he took it upon himself to break the law? That our media thinks he is a hero and doesn't even hardly discuss other legal options he could have taken?

If W. Mark Felt would have taken the legal channels he would have joined the likes of William Ruckleshouse, Nixon's Attorney General that refused to fire Independent Prosecutor Archibald Cox and instead, resigned and reported why. W. Mark Felt could have done the same but he chose breaking the law. To hear our media say he didn't have a choice and not mention his possible personal agenda is worse than politics. Let's you and me get an army together next time our government dares to raise taxes and take over. Why not, Katie Couric and Matt Lauer will like it if the President is a Republican.

I also think that your children should be told of the achievements of President Nixon such as the opening of China to trade and the actual ending of the Vietnam War. He should be known for the last President to have a surplus that wasn't built upon the largest tax increase in history which is what President Clinton gave us in 1993.

You should also let your children know that no matter how great, loved or hated the man, even a President isn't above the law. How you explain how our media places W. Mark Felt, Deep Throat, above the law...... well, you know your children better than I and know how you want them to grow up. I just hope you help them to grow up to care for the truth as hard as it is to find.

Rev. said:

OoooooH no Rev...... :rofl
that was just baaaaaaddddd :)

lol

gordontravels said:
When you rent the movie, which was an excellent production by the way; do you think you should tell your chilcren what you know now? That W. Mark Felt who is portrayed in the movie as "the source" Deep Throat may have had a personal agenda against President Nixon for being passed over for FBI Director? That he took it upon himself to break the law? That our media thinks he is a hero and doesn't even hardly discuss other legal options he could have taken?

If W. Mark Felt would have taken the legal channels he would have joined the likes of William Ruckleshouse, Nixon's Attorney General that refused to fire Independent Prosecutor Archibald Cox and instead, resigned and reported why. W. Mark Felt could have done the same but he chose breaking the law. To hear our media say he didn't have a choice and not mention his possible personal agenda is worse than politics. Let's you and me get an army together next time our government dares to raise taxes and take over. Why not, Katie Couric and Matt Lauer will like it if the President is a Republican.

I also think that your children should be told of the achievements of President Nixon such as the opening of China to trade and the actual ending of the Vietnam War. He should be known for the last President to have a surplus that wasn't built upon the largest tax increase in history which is what President Clinton gave us in 1993.
You should also let your children know that no matter how great, loved or hated the man, even a President isn't above the law. How you explain how our media places W. Mark Felt, Deep Throat, above the law...... well, you know your children better than I and know how you want them to grow up. I just hope you help them to grow up to care for the truth as hard as it is to find.

I know this isn't what the topic of discussion is about but I just can't keep quiet about this. I don't know the facts of a Nixon surplus but I have researched the supposed Clinton surplus & I will tell you that it was a lie; NONEXISTENT! Every year Clinton was in office our country accumulated more debt. That is a fact. I am not going to go back & give you every source as I did the research about 2 years ago. A simple search & understanding of numbers & not listening to rhetoric will easily show that when Clinton claimed to have balanced the budget that budget didn't take into account current debt which contributed to the accumulation of more debt during his presidency.

gordontravels said:

I make an effort to teach my children that doing the right thing for the right reason is always right. But doing the right thing for the wrong reason...or in the wrong way...ends up being wrong. We homeschool, so you could say this has preempted our regularly scheduled programming. Teach from Life!

I also want to teach them to be very suspicious of how the media spins things. I was just reading today that the #1 influence on our values as a society is the media.

Can anyone recommend good links that tell the good, the bad and the ugly? We did Monica Lewinsky in real time, so I'm not afraid of whatever comes of it. It can't be any worse than explaining oral sex to a 6yo.

Can anyone recommend good links that tell the good, the bad and the ugly?
Besides Fox News, I like the Weekly Standard and Drudge. They have been pretty accurate so far.

Pacridge said:
Maybe but if your place of business was your residence, IE the White House, that might not transfer the logic of your argument.

Where did you ever get the idea that the West Wing was the residence of the President or that the Oval Office was his residence. The Oval Office and the West Wing are the OFFICIAL offices of the EXECUTIVE BRANCH of the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. They were not the private sexual playgrounds of citizen Bill Clinton. He insulted the office and the people of this country with his behavior in that office.

It is utterly amazing the lengths to which some will go to defend his outrageous and totally reprehensible behavior.

Uh? Let's see.

I don't know that Bill Clinton ran a surplus in all years but I do know that there was a surplus in 94 and 95 (Congressional Budget Office) after he raised taxes in late 93 by 563 billion and then the Gingrich Revolution didn't allow the intended spending. That's changed now and you can't tell the difference between Democrats or Republicans when it comes to spending. Nixon had a surplus of approx. 3 billion after his first term.

Rev.? You seem to have a handle on things. Although a conservative website, www.mrc.org the Media Research Center at least shows the exact quotes from the media that is referenced. You can sign up for their Cyber Alert, a quick read in your email 3 to 5 times a week.

Soviet_Guy? I don't think President Nixon was innocent but he surely deserved better then W. Mark Felt. And if you wonder about how Deep Throat, W. Mark Felt, did what he did and why committing a felony is not the best way, please read the Rev.s last post.

Squaker? Excellent sites.

Stinger? A little strong but I agree. He was diddling Monica while on a phone call with a General responsible for our pilots over Iraq. Reprehensible.

Now, I'm hungry.

Squawker said:
Besides Fox News, I like the Weekly Standard and Drudge. They have been pretty accurate so far.
You're shittin' me, right? Why not have G. Gordon Liddy testify against Felt and for Nixon?

You know, when you cite far right wing sources as being "pretty accurate" you toss out all creditability.

The really sorry part of all of this is that Republicans today are so brainwashed that they actually have convinced themselves that Nixon wasn't a felon!

Let's stroll down Nixon Lane?

Let's go back to 1969, 3 full years before Watergate.

It all started when Nixon had the White House staff make up a list called the enemies list. Nixon had enemies, which include about 600 liberal politicians, journalists and actors. Most of these people made a public speech against the Vietnam War.

Nixon's aids formed a tax audit on these `enemies'. He also had agents find out personal information that would harm them politically. Nixon was always worried about government employees revealing secret information to the newspapers or other media sources. The president's agents helped him by wiretapping phone lines that belonged to reporters in order to find out any revealing material. Nixon was so worried about internal espionage that during the Cambodia bombing he felt he had to wiretap his own staff members.

The top 20?

Original List
The original list of 20 names of White House "enemies" submitted with comments submitted with comments to Dean by the of office of Charles W. Colson.*

Boldface type indicates a correction in erroneous White House identification of its political enemies. Material in brackets is additional information supplied by the editor.

Having studied the attached material and evaluated the recommendations for the discussed action, I believe you will find my list worthwhile for status. It is in priority order.

1. Arnold M. Picker, United Artists Corp., N.Y. Top Muskie fund raiser. Success here could be both debilitating and very embarrassing to the Muskie machine. If effort looks promising, both Ruth and David Picker should be programmed and then a follow through with United Artists.

2. Alexander E. Barkan, national director of A F.L.-C.I.O.'s committee on Political Education, Washington D.C.: Without a doubt the most powerful political force programmed against us in 1968 ($10 million, 4.6 million votes, 115 million pamphlets, 176,000 workers--all programmed by Barkan's C.O.P.E.--so says Teddy White in "The Making of the President 1968"). We can expect the same effort this time. [See p. 468E3]

3. Ed Guthman, managing editor, Los Angeles Times [national editor]: Guthman, former Kennedy aide, was a highly sophisticated hatchetman against us in '68. It is obvious he is the prime mover behind the current Key Biscayne effort. It is time to give him the message.

4. Maxwell Dane, Doyle, Dane and Bernbach, N.Y.: The top Democratic advertising firm--they destroyed Goldwater in '64. They should be hit hard starting with Dane.

5. Charles Dyson, Dyson-Kissner Corp., N.Y.: Dyson and Larry O'Brien were close business associates after '68. Dyson has huge business holdings and is presently deeply involved in the Businessmen's Educational Fund which bankrolls a national radio network of five-minute programs--anti-Nixon in character.

6. Howard Stein, Dreyfus Corp., N.Y.: Heaviest contributor to McCarthy in '68. If McCarthy goes, will do the same in '72. If not, Lindsay or McGovern will receive the funds.

7. Allard Lowenstein, Long Island, N.Y.: Guiding force behind the 18-year-old "Dump Nixon" vote campaign.

8. Morton Halperin, leading executive at Common Cause: A scandal would be most helpful here. (A consultant for Common Cause in February-March 1971)[On staff of Brookings Institution]

9. Leonard Woodcock, UAW, Detroit, Mich.: No comments necessary.

10. S. Sterling Munro Jr., Sen. [Henry M.] Jackson's aide, Silver Spring, Md.: We should give him a try. Positive results would stick a pin in Jackson's white hat.

11. Bernard T. Feld, president, Council for a Livable World: Heavy far left funding. They will program an "all court press" against us in'72.

12. Sidney Davidoff, New York City, [New York City Mayor John V.] Lindsay's top personal aide: a first class S.O.B., wheeler-dealer and suspected bagman. Positive results would really shake the Lindsay camp and Lindsay's plans to capture youth vote. Davidoff in charge.

13. John Conyers, congressman, Detroit: Coming on fast. Emerging as a leading black anti-Nixon spokesman. Has known weakness for white females.

14. Samuel M. Lambert, president, National Education Association: Has taken us on vis-a-vis federal aid to parochial schools--a '72 issue.

15. Stewart Rawlings Mott, Mott Associates, N.Y.: Nothing but big money for radic-lib candidates.

16. Ronald Dellums, congressman, Calif.: Had extensive [Edward M. Kennedy] EMK-Tunney support in his election bid. Success might help in California next year.

17. Daniel Schorr, Columbia Broadcasting System, Washington: A real media enemy.

18. S. Harrison Dogole, Philadelphia, Pa.: President of Globe Security Systems--fourth largest private detective agency in U.S. Heavy Humphrey contributor. Could program his agency against us.

19. Paul Newman, Calif.: Radic-lib causes. Heavy McCarthy involvement '68. Used effectively in nation wide T.V. commercials.'72 involvement certain.

20. Mary McGrory, Washington columnist: Daily hate Nixon articles.

Here's a link to the complete list of Nixon's enemies:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030621...olisci/calvert/PolSci3103/watergate/enemy.htm

This post is getting too long, so let's end this one here, and I'll continue with another post which will further explain Nixon's many crimes.

Let's continue our little stroll down Nixon Lane!

In June of 1971, The New York Times formed work that was published about the history of the Vietnam War; these were known as the Pentagon Papers. The classified information pointed towards some policies that may have been responsible for causing the Vietnam War. Daniel Ellsberg, a former employee, gave some classified documents to the Washington Post.

Nixon was infuriated. Nixon then tried to twist Ellsberg's actions into a form of treason, but Nixon did not want to take Ellsberg to court. Instead he made a secret group of CIA agents that went by the code name PLUMBERS this is a name made up "because they cover up leaks", that could hurt the White House, such as the Pentagon Papers. While they were searching for incriminating evidence the "Plumbers" stumbled across Ellsberg's psychiatrist's office. Although they discovered nothing wrong they were not content to leaving Ellsberg alone and it is believed that they had initiated a plan to try and further discredit Ellsberg's reputation. Rather than go too deeply into all of the activities of the Plumbers let's look at only one pre-Watergate example.

Nixon was concerned that Sen. Edmund Muskie of Maine would win because he was the strongest Democratic candidate. Hoping to wipe out Edmund from the competition, the Plumbers began to play a bunch of so called `dirty tricks'. They issued false statements in Muskie's name and told the press false rumors about him, so that the plumbers could publish it to the public.

In January of 1973, two months after Nixon had won the presidential election, the misdeeds of Watergate began to surface. The Watergate burglars went on trial in a Washington D.C. courtroom. James McCord, one of the burglars, gave shocking evidence. McCord testified that people in higher office had paid hush money to the burglars who were involved in Watergate. McCord a former CIA agent who had led the Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba in 1961, McCord worked for the Nixon re-election campaign.

With the hush money they were supposed to conceal the White Houses involvement in Watergate. After the prosecuting attorney investigated he quickly found out that the attorney General, John Mitchell, approved the break-in. Even thought John Mitchell was one of the most trusted advisors, Nixon denied knowledge about the break-in and cover-up of Watergate. The public soon found out that Nixon was not telling the truth.

The public also found out that Nixon had ordered his aids to block any information to the investigators. The White House also tried to stop flow of the investigations, because they were afraid that it would uncover very important secrets about the White Houses involvement. Nixon would not appear at the congressional committee, complaining that if he were to testify it would violate the separation of powers, which is stated in the constitution. Although the constitution does define that their must be a separation of powers, it does not state that the president is not able to testify in front of a congressional committee. Nixon's unwillingness to testify made people feel that Nixon was abusing his executive privileges just to cover-up his crimes. When Nixon had no possible way of protecting the White House staff, he fired them.

He fired two of his aids, H.R Haldeman and John Ehrlichman, because they were on the line of being charged for their crimes, but they were still convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury.

In May of 1973, the press broadcasted the hearings on television to millions of people, the public felt that it was their civic duty to watch over Nixon's trial. An official told the court that Nixon had tape-recorded all the conversations he had made to his "Plumbers"(Watergate, Impeachment). Nixon had hoped that these tapes would one day be used by historians to document the triumph of his term; instead they would play a key element in his downfall and proved to be very prudent in showing that Nixon was guilty. Nixon refused to release the tapes, claiming the executive privilege gave him the right to keep his record private. Nixon's unwillingness to forfeit the tapes caused him to go to court. This led to the famous "Saturday Night Massacre", remember?

This will end this post, history fans. One more will follow....

26 X World Champs said:
You're shittin' me, right? Why not have G. Gordon Liddy testify against Felt and for Nixon?

You know, when you cite far right wing sources as being "pretty accurate" you toss out all creditability.

Yeah & you liberals actually thought moveon.org was accurate & neutral.

I watch both FOX & CNN as well as MSNBC. I believe a variety of news is best. Here are a handful of my favorite websites to read news from...

http://www.politicalnewsdaily.com/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

http://www.thehill.com/

http://www.rollcall.com/

http://www.defenddemocracies.com/

Nixon was so worried about internal espionage that during the Cambodia bombing he felt he had to wiretap his own staff members.
WHATEVER man! You make it sound like tapping your phones is a bad thing that only crazy people do. I think everyone should tap their phones, just in case the Commies are listening. Or the Martians... don't even let me start on them!

Still with me as we stroll down Nixon Lane?

At a press conference in November 1973, Nixon made his famous quote, "I am not a crook."

The Internal Revenue Services also discovered something that could harm Nixon. They noticed that in 1970 and 71' Nixon had only paid $00 in taxes when he earned over $200,000. We also found out that he also used public money to fix-up his houses in Florida and California.

Tricky Di*k kept on refusing to release his Watergate tapes. Then, in April 1974, he gave out the transcripts of the tapes. He edited the transcripts and tried to cover up the crimes, but it did not work.

The House Judicial Committee voted to bring impeachment charges in July 1974 against Nixon. The first charge said that the president knowingly covered-up the crimes of Watergate. The second charge stated that he used Government Agencies to violate the Constitution of the U.S., the third asserted that he would be impeached because of the withholding of evidence from Congress and interfering with the impeachment process.

Shortly after the house committee voted to impeach President Nixon, the case went to the entire House for a final say. Nixon at this point still counted on the public to back him up; he relied on the few that still doubted his involvement in Watergate.

Unfortunately for Nixon, and thank God for the USA, The Supreme Court ordered Nixon to hand over the tapes.

Nixon for a long time claimed that he had no idea of the Watergate scandal until John Dean told him on March 21, 1973. The tapes showed that Nixon was a true liar, and not only knew about it, but ordered it.

Because of this Nixon met with a group of Republican leaders and they tried to convince him to resign from office. He did on August 9, 1974, Nixon broadcasted that he was resigning to the nation. This meant that President Richard Nixon was the first president of the United States to resign from office.

Now my Republican friends, think about all of this, and this is the very abridged version of Nixon's crimes and compare that to lying about a blow job under oath! How many people would admit in public that they received a BJ out of wedlock?

Comparing Clinton to Nixon is like comparing a jaywalking ticket to a murder.

You want to teach your children something? Teach them this about Nixon:
Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

None of us should ever forget the lessons of Nixon and Watergate. When the Attorney General of the US goes to jail, when the counsel to the President goes to jail, when the chief of staff goes to jail, when the CIA is used to spy on Americans, when Americans are wiretapped by their government illegally, when a President creates an "Enemies List" you know that this is one fu*ked up dude, one nasty bastard, one evil criminal.

I eagerly await the spin about how poor Di*k got dicked by Felt and the Washington Post!
:hm :soap :violin:

Last edited:
Personally, I feel that Mr. **** got dicked by Felt and the Washington Post. I mean, they were just jealous they hadn't thought of it first! And it's not like Thomas Jefferson hadn't done all those things to people twice as bad as Nixon ever did.

sebastiansdreams said:
Personally, I feel that Mr. **** got dicked by Felt and the Washington Post. I mean, they were just jealous they hadn't thought of it first! And it's not like Thomas Jefferson hadn't done all those things to people twice as bad as Nixon ever did.
Have you spent any time in school? Do you have any ability to comprehend the truth? You're a living breathing advertisement supporting the dire need for more funding for education....sorry! :damn

26 X World Champs said:
This post is getting too long, so let's end this one here, and I'll continue with another post which will further explain Nixon's many crimes.

Of that list, two names were amusing.

Rep Conyers, who STILL serves in Michigan...wonder if anything ever came of their allegations of "a weakness for white females"

And Paul Newman. I'm sorry, but how can anyone hate the salad dressing man. Shame on Nixon.

:lol:

26 X World Champs said:
Have you spent any time in school? Do you have any ability to comprehend the truth? You're a living breathing advertisement supporting the dire need for more funding for education....sorry! :damn
I just don't think that Nixon lied. I think he was suffering from some mental anxiety and made some mistakes. Nothing he did seemed malicious. Just paraniod and pathetic. I think if he had pled insanity to the whole mess he would have been cleared. And thank you, I think education is a wonderful thing. The more I can help the cause the better.

sebastiansdreams said:
I just don't think that Nixon lied. I think he was suffering from some mental anxiety and made some mistakes. Nothing he did seemed malicious. Just paraniod and pathetic. I think if he had pled insanity to the whole mess he would have been cleared. And thank you, I think education is a wonderful thing. The more I can help the cause the better.
yeah Nixon never really lied all that much, he just committed felonies.

26 X World Champs said:

The really sorry part of all of this is that Republicans today are so brainwashed that they actually have convinced themselves that Nixon wasn't a felon!

Let's stroll down Nixon Lane?

Let's go back to 1969, 3 full years before Watergate.

It all started when Nixon had the White House staff make up a list called the enemies list. Nixon had enemies, which include about 600 liberal politicians, journalists and actors. Most of these people made a public speech against the Vietnam War.

Nixon's aids formed a tax audit on these `enemies'. He also had agents find out personal information that would harm them politically. Nixon was always worried about government employees revealing secret information to the newspapers or other media sources. The president's agents helped him by wiretapping phone lines that belonged to reporters in order to find out any revealing material. Nixon was so worried about internal espionage that during the Cambodia bombing he felt he had to wiretap his own staff members.

The top 20?

Original List
The original list of 20 names of White House "enemies" submitted with comments submitted with comments to Dean by the of office of Charles W. Colson.*

Boldface type indicates a correction in erroneous White House identification of its political enemies. Material in brackets is additional information supplied by the editor.

Having studied the attached material and evaluated the recommendations for the discussed action, I believe you will find my list worthwhile for status. It is in priority order.

1. Arnold M. Picker, United Artists Corp., N.Y. Top Muskie fund raiser. Success here could be both debilitating and very embarrassing to the Muskie machine. If effort looks promising, both Ruth and David Picker should be programmed and then a follow through with United Artists.

2. Alexander E. Barkan, national director of A F.L.-C.I.O.'s committee on Political Education, Washington D.C.: Without a doubt the most powerful political force programmed against us in 1968 ($10 million, 4.6 million votes, 115 million pamphlets, 176,000 workers--all programmed by Barkan's C.O.P.E.--so says Teddy White in "The Making of the President 1968"). We can expect the same effort this time. [See p. 468E3]

3. Ed Guthman, managing editor, Los Angeles Times [national editor]: Guthman, former Kennedy aide, was a highly sophisticated hatchetman against us in '68. It is obvious he is the prime mover behind the current Key Biscayne effort. It is time to give him the message.

4. Maxwell Dane, Doyle, Dane and Bernbach, N.Y.: The top Democratic advertising firm--they destroyed Goldwater in '64. They should be hit hard starting with Dane.

5. Charles Dyson, Dyson-Kissner Corp., N.Y.: Dyson and Larry O'Brien were close business associates after '68. Dyson has huge business holdings and is presently deeply involved in the Businessmen's Educational Fund which bankrolls a national radio network of five-minute programs--anti-Nixon in character.

6. Howard Stein, Dreyfus Corp., N.Y.: Heaviest contributor to McCarthy in '68. If McCarthy goes, will do the same in '72. If not, Lindsay or McGovern will receive the funds.

7. Allard Lowenstein, Long Island, N.Y.: Guiding force behind the 18-year-old "Dump Nixon" vote campaign.

8. Morton Halperin, leading executive at Common Cause: A scandal would be most helpful here. (A consultant for Common Cause in February-March 1971)[On staff of Brookings Institution]

9. Leonard Woodcock, UAW, Detroit, Mich.: No comments necessary.

10. S. Sterling Munro Jr., Sen. [Henry M.] Jackson's aide, Silver Spring, Md.: We should give him a try. Positive results would stick a pin in Jackson's white hat.

11. Bernard T. Feld, president, Council for a Livable World: Heavy far left funding. They will program an "all court press" against us in'72.

12. Sidney Davidoff, New York City, [New York City Mayor John V.] Lindsay's top personal aide: a first class S.O.B., wheeler-dealer and suspected bagman. Positive results would really shake the Lindsay camp and Lindsay's plans to capture youth vote. Davidoff in charge.

13. John Conyers, congressman, Detroit: Coming on fast. Emerging as a leading black anti-Nixon spokesman. Has known weakness for white females.

14. Samuel M. Lambert, president, National Education Association: Has taken us on vis-a-vis federal aid to parochial schools--a '72 issue.

15. Stewart Rawlings Mott, Mott Associates, N.Y.: Nothing but big money for radic-lib candidates.

16. Ronald Dellums, congressman, Calif.: Had extensive [Edward M. Kennedy] EMK-Tunney support in his election bid. Success might help in California next year.

17. Daniel Schorr, Columbia Broadcasting System, Washington: A real media enemy.

18. S. Harrison Dogole, Philadelphia, Pa.: President of Globe Security Systems--fourth largest private detective agency in U.S. Heavy Humphrey contributor. Could program his agency against us.

19. Paul Newman, Calif.: Radic-lib causes. Heavy McCarthy involvement '68. Used effectively in nation wide T.V. commercials.'72 involvement certain.

20. Mary McGrory, Washington columnist: Daily hate Nixon articles.

Here's a link to the complete list of Nixon's enemies:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030621...olisci/calvert/PolSci3103/watergate/enemy.htm

Don't forget to put together other lists on the likes of JFK, Johnson, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR and ad infinitum. Don't forget to leave out the achievements of Nixon and all the others. It is such a shame that one will go to such lengths to disparage.

Chuck Colson went to jail for 7 years for doing what W. Mark Felt did.

Do you think that is fair?

Back
Top Bottom