• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I'm new here and I wanted to say

grlnxtdoor1982

Reaction score
I can't stand closed minded people Its amazing that Gay marriage is even an issue with all this other crap going on. Honestly i'm outraged that being Gay is even an issue! I mean Hello we are 2005 not only that but how can the President make a law banning gay marraige but yet he can't stop starving people from dying on our streets and wheres the harsher punishnent for child molesters and murders I find it ammusing how our government has so much free time to make comments and laws against gays but have no time to remove a child from an abbusive home before its to late. This just plain ignorance. I say if it's not affecting your everyday life why the hell do you care who people love it's like people thrive on hate. Yes people are intitled to there opinions but i'll tell you this much YOUR RIGHT TO SPEAK ENDS WHEN I HAVE TO HEAR IT. I can and will love anyone I please and noone will tell me different. God made all people he is love not hate. He didn't say I love everyone but the homosexuals. He also said "WHOM EVER ASKS FOR FORGIVENESS FROM ME SHALL RECIEVE IT ANYONE WHOM ASKS FOR LOVE SHALL RECIEVE IT I WILL TURN NOONE AWAY. he didn't then say EXCEPT the gays. No I'm not gay but my loved ones are and I'll be dammed if I don't defend whats right becuase in my heart I know love is never wrong.

Live to Love and Love to Live
Ivy

I agree, Ivy.

Please don't take this as a criticism, as I don't really care myself, but a little more punctuation would make your post easier to read. And there are some folks here who will really jump on you for it!

:wcm welcome to Debate Politics!

You said: YOUR RIGHT TO SPEAK ENDS WHEN I HAVE TO HEAR IT

That could not be further from the truth. Your right to speak ends when it infringes on my rights. One of the goals here at DP is freedom of speech. I might not like what you have to say, but by no means will you be muted. (within the rules of course) Our moderators are mixed in opinions as well and they keep this admin in check.

Some will agree with you and others will disagree.

yeah, soory about the punctuation, I'm not very good at that but, I'll try. thank you. I have to say that I'm up for the dis/agree aspect. everyone's intitled to an opinion.

Good on you, girl!

A big, warm welcome from one of the UK contingent!

grlnxtdoor1982 excellent post.
WHOM EVER ASKS FOR FORGIVENESS FROM ME SHALL RECIEVE IT ANYONE WHOM ASKS FOR LOVE SHALL RECIEVE IT I WILL TURN NOONE AWAY. he didn't then say EXCEPT the gays.
I have often wonder the same, how the bible thumpers can say your going to burn in hell for being gay. I'm not gay but originally from California. I think there are bigger things to deal with on a national agenda then Homo marriage.

grlnxtdoor1982 said:
yeah, soory about the punctuation, I'm not very good at that but, I'll try. thank you. I have to say that I'm up for the dis/agree aspect. everyone's intitled to an opinion.

Welcome to Debate Politics! Wouldn't worry too much about the grammer. Mine can be fairly awful at times. As long as I can make out the point your attempting to make and I can see your trying to use some logic to your post or reply. Then I have no problems with anybody's post. Though as Naughty Nurse pointed out, there are those on here that will flame you for it. Usually only when they really can't stand or stomach your views or position. It's called being small minded, it says more about them then it does about you.

As for the content of your post. Right On! or RIGHT ON! You, as they say, go girl! I agree with you and CSA_TX. I find myself agreeing with CSA_TX quite often, though I suspect he may secretly wish to own his own thermal nuclear weapon. I can't for the life me understand how, with all the things going on in the world, we can spend so much time trying to restrict the rights of two people who love each. Personally, I wonder how many "Bible Thumpers" are going to burn in hell for spreading so much hate.

I wonder what positive things might be accomplished if we took the energy we're wasting on this issue, or other massive bogus issues such as exposed breasts at football games, and spent them on real pressing matters?

Amen sister! Welcome to Debate Politics!

Like Naughty Nurse, I'm from UK (our opinions don't really matter here, but we like sticking our noses in other countries business lol).

I know people who are gay, I see them as the person they are not their lifestyle, in my opinion real gay-loathers are just as bad as racists. Intolerence is the great crime of christainity. (I'll prob get cruified for that remark)
As Pacridge has stated on this topic before, the bible says alot of things that wouldn't work in this age (including eating your own children).

Oh and Happy 23rd birthday! ;)

Last edited:
Gay marriage shouldnt be a issue. If two people who are in love, they deserve to be allowed to marry. The government should not have the power to stand in the way of holy matrimony.

Locke

PS:GrlNextDoor....the same one from political crossfire forums?

LockeAdvisor said:
Gay marriage shouldnt be a issue. If two people who are in love, they deserve to be allowed to marry. The government should not have the power to stand in the way of holy matrimony.

Locke

PS:GrlNextDoor....the same one from political crossfire forums?

Welcome to Debate Politics!

Back
Top Bottom