• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm mellowing out.

Short blog, but I'm gonna try to mellow out on this forum. I guess I can make that my very late New Year's goal.

I can sort of feel myself becoming far more aggressive post-wise overall, and I think I might as well try to dial that back a bit. Perhaps a fair amount of it is justified annoyance on my part, especially considering the state of the political sphere at this pointbut I am probably letting it all get to me too much. I think it's gonna be better for my mind in the long run to sort of try and chill out, as it were.

So here's to trying to deflate! 👍

I can only take the politics for a bit at a time, otherwise I'd be arguing with everyone all the time. Just have to shake your head and walk away sometimes. Thankfully there is a lot to talk about here outside of politics (and religion), and it helps remind me that we're all just people with a lot in common.

A few observations:

Bet most of those who have frustrated you will ignore your blog. There are a certain element on discussion forums whose goal IS TO frustrate and rile other people up. Hell, I do it too, though I usually try to stay on topic.

Remember, you can take a break from here, like a mental health break, I have done it on occasion. Also remember, you can't fix stupid, so don't try. There is also the ignore feature, which I once vowed never to use, but have now used because some people are just not worth reading.

One last word of advice, view the world the way a SNOWFLAKE does, that way you will ALWAYS be right, so when others are wrong, it won't bother you ;)

Just remember that chatGPT likes you:

Amidst the fray of politics and thought,
A figure stands, composed and unafraid,
Thegoverness, with wisdom finely wrought,
Her words and deeds with confidence displayed.

With eloquence she argues her belief,
And yet with kindness treats her fellow man,
A model for discourse beyond mere grief,
Her passion tempered by a measured hand.

Her intellect a beacon in the dark,
A shining light of reason and of sense,
In every argument she hits her mark,
And through it all maintains her calm and hence,
She stands as testament to civility,
And to the power of rational ability.

I can only take the politics for a bit at a time, otherwise I'd be arguing with everyone all the time. Just have to shake your head and walk away sometimes. Thankfully there is a lot to talk about here outside of politics (and religion), and it helps remind me that we're all just people with a lot in common.

I do participate pretty often on Reddit, and pretty much only to discuss things like TV shows and all. Sometimes even that gets tribal, but it's far easier to relate to others, as it doesn't have that inherent split like politics does.

Short blog, but I'm gonna try to mellow out on this forum. I guess I can make that my very late New Year's goal.
I laud the effort. I occasionally succeed, and rarely get points anymore, but... there are times and subjects where I cannot tolerate the bigotry and stupidity. I love the ignore feature. It saves my sanity. :) (assuming there is something to be saved...)

Just remember that chatGPT likes you:

Amidst the fray of politics and thought,
A figure stands, composed and unafraid,
Thegoverness, with wisdom finely wrought,
Her words and deeds with confidence displayed.

With eloquence she argues her belief,
And yet with kindness treats her fellow man,
A model for discourse beyond mere grief,
Her passion tempered by a measured hand.

Her intellect a beacon in the dark,
A shining light of reason and of sense,
In every argument she hits her mark,
And through it all maintains her calm and hence,
She stands as testament to civility,
And to the power of rational ability.

Jeez, ChatGPT, you have to take me out to dinner first. 😆

I laud the effort. I occasionally succeed, and rarely get points anymore, but... there are times and subjects where I cannot tolerate the bigotry and stupidity. I love the ignore feature. It saves my sanity. :) (assuming there is something to be saved...)
Yeah, I never wanted to use that ignore feature, but some people make you want to throw up, so now I use it.

I can sort of feel myself becoming far more aggressive post-wise overall, and I think I might as well try to dial that back a bit. Perhaps a fair amount of it is justified annoyance on my part, especially considering the state of the political sphere at this pointbut I am probably letting it all get to me too much. I think it's gonna be better for my mind in the long run to sort of try and chill out, as it were.

People who significantly elevate my blood pressure here find their way onto my ignore list. Greatly helps with the problem.

Some advice from an old(er) sailor...

Don't let others get to you. Learn to respond with exceptional British sarcasm or an on point rapier wit. Frustrates them ever time.

But at the end of the day remember this (pardon my French): "They can't kill you because that's illegal, and they can't shove an umbrella up your ass and open it because that's impossible. Other than that shrug it off."

WW

The bullies that swarm to the gun threads would try the patience of a saint.

A few observations:

Bet most of those who have frustrated you will ignore your blog. There are a certain element on discussion forums whose goal IS TO frustrate and rile other people up. Hell, I do it too, though I usually try to stay on topic.

Remember, you can take a break from here, like a mental health break, I have done it on occasion. Also remember, you can't fix stupid, so don't try. There is also the ignore feature, which I once vowed never to use, but have now used because some people are just not worth reading.

One last word of advice, view the world the way a SNOWFLAKE does, that way you will ALWAYS be right, so when others are wrong, it won't bother you ;)
You realize of course that no two snowflakes are alike?

Good for you!

I find the mellowing effects of Red's Good Morning thread to be beneficial for me.

But sorry, I am not yet dropping the giant fonts with pretty text colors and my current pejorative's of choice.

Why?

Because I am an impish little bastage!

You realize of course that no two snowflakes are alike?
No two are exactly alike.

However, they are all cold, some carry the same weight as others, and some may be the same size as counterparts, with the same number of points.

Alone they may have have little impact, but when amassed to certain limits and then set free they can wipe away all that is in their path.

Fascinating things, these Snowflakes!

I come here to escape reality.

Not to brag, but I have a wonderful life. There are challenges at times, this month I am stretched for cash and have to be careful. But then it evens out when the local grocer has Pacific Prawns for $5 for a 12 to 18 pack or 3 meals. Everything I need, including a beach are within a 10 minute walk.

But Idyl itself needs a break. So I come here to get my blood up, a change from the norm of Canadian politics where the big topic today is

A judge says giving one "the finger" is a "right"

"After a Quebec judge declared flipping the bird a "God-given" right that belongs to all Canadians and acquitted a Montreal-area man of criminal harassment and uttering threats, two defence lawyers say the ruling sends an important message about frivolous prosecution."

OMG! Stop the world!

People who significantly elevate my blood pressure here find their way onto my ignore list. Greatly helps with the problem.

I've actually never used the ignore feature, in my time here.

I've actually never used the ignore feature, in my time here.
I think I have 4 people on ignore and all are incoherent posts where nobody can make heads or tails of what they are trying to convey.

You'll be missed @TheGoverness. I have finally started to use ignore. They are reserved for the most deplorable and those who are not worth my time or a possible ding. I get to choose who I want to interact with just like in real life.
Try it sometime.

Meanwhile, mellowing out is a good thing from time to time. Let us know how you are doing.😘

Good idea, 10-12 hours a day is probably a bit much. (y):LOL:(y)

Good for you, TG...make it a rule to not let others steal your inner peace/joy...you cannot control what they say/do...only how you react...

Back
Top Bottom