• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm just about sick of this....

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Every laptop or netbook I've had --- the same problem.

After a couple of years, it won't charge anymore with the power cord. New power cord doesn't work. New battery doesn't work. Grrrr.

I ordered my very first desktop computer the other day. Stupid laptops.

After a couple of years, it won't charge anymore with the power cord. New power cord doesn't work. New battery doesn't work. Grrrr.

My first suspicion is that the charging port is busted, which would require repair. Had it happen with my old iBook G4 some time ago and a sketchy one with my old Dell XPS notebook. The only one without that problem was the Macbook that used the magsafe charging system. So far so good with my Lenovo Y580, however.

Go for Japanese. I use Sony Vaio. No such problem. Been using for 5 years. Will trade-in for the latest high-end Vaio.

Go for Japanese. I use Sony Vaio. No such problem. Been using for 5 years. Will trade-in for the latest high-end Vaio.

Ironically, that is the laptop I have had the most problems with. Oh well, to each their own I guess. I have moved away from laptops and have gone the way of the tablet and desktop instead. Works for what I do, but I understand people need laptops.

Ironically, that is the laptop I have had the most problems with. Oh well, to each their own I guess. I have moved away from laptops and have gone the way of the tablet and desktop instead. Works for what I do, but I understand people need laptops.

Maybe that was assembled in Zimbabwe. Mine is original from Japan.

Well, I will put it this way: I have gone through two netbooks in the past couple of years, but my old HP desktop is still running well after about 10 years.

My last laptop was a VAIO. Happened to that one too.

My last laptop was a VAIO. Happened to that one too.

It could happen to any laptop/notebook. Element of luck plays its part. The Sony brand like Japanese automobiles is still outstanding.

I got it today! Wow. A 23-inch monitor is HUGE! And Windows 8 is ..... interesting....

I got it today! Wow. A 23-inch monitor is HUGE! And Windows 8 is ..... interesting....

The first thing I did with Windows 8 was download Classic Shell which enabled me to easily get the Start button back on the desktop and boot to the desktop as well...

Ha! I loved my 23" monitor when I got it. Now I want a 40":lol:

A 23 inch monitor would make me blind, and I hate Windows 8. :lol:
I hope you like it once you get used to it. :)

I've already yelled at the little "Start" window a few times. :p

I've already yelled at the little "Start" window a few times. :p
I absolutely hated it. I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago, and it has W8. One of our posters recommended downloading Classic Shell. I did, and it makes W8 tolerable for me.

my alienware stopped charging today,and powering up or doing anything,mainly cuz i spilled beer on it,but meh its a 2008 model,it had its fair run.

Gipper, do you ever think about anything besides ****ing? I can't imagine the stress. ;)

I wasn't thinking about it. 95% of the time that people think I'm talking about sex, I'm just looking for an obvious method of being a smartass. :)

My laptop died forever and I really want to buy a new one but everything has Windows 8 so I'm laptopless.

Ok so I have a laptop and had no problems with it.

Always avoid: Fujitsu, Sony, Toshiba, Lenovo, BenQ, Sony and Apple.

What I recommend: Dell, HP, Phillips and to some degree ASUS, Samsung and Acer.

if you want a gaming laptop, Alienware... you can also go for Lenovo if you want a gaming laptop but why get a gaming laptop...

The first thing I did with Windows 8 was download Classic Shell which enabled me to easily get the Start button back on the desktop and boot to the desktop as well...
How do you download something through Windows 8?

I've been quite monogamous to Hewlett Packard for a while, when it comes to laptops.

I didn't want to get a PC because of Win8. I got a Mac instead.

Back
Top Bottom