• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm black and get persucuted by others blacks. Guess why.

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I am a black dude and the most common form of racial hassle I get is from other blacks for what is in my opinion is the stupidest reason I can think of. Its mild and nothing that affects my life but I do find it both bizarre, troubling and somewhat offensive. Guess what's the reason. Hint, the following blacks also have this same exact "problem" although I've rarely to never heard them being criticized by blacks for this:

Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Alan Keyes
Lester Holt
Solodad O'Brien
Corey Booker
Oprah Winfrey
Barack Obama
Halle Berry
Bryant and Greg Gumbel
Don Lemon
Eric Holder
Ben Jealous
Deval Patrick
Fredricka Whitfield

Maybe I'm in good company. ??? :lol:

I am a black dude and the most common form of racial hassle I get is from other blacks for what is in my opinion is the stupidest reason I can think of. Its mild and nothing that affects my life but I do find it both bizarre, troubling and somewhat offensive. Guess what's the reason. Hint, the following blacks also have this same exact "problem" although I've rarely to never heard them being criticized by blacks for this:

Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Alan Keyes
Lester Holt
Solodad O'Brien
Corey Booker
Oprah Winfrey
Barack Obama
Halle Berry
Bryant and Greg Gumbel
Don Lemon
Eric Holder
Ben Jealous
Deval Patrick
Fredricka Whitfield

You work for the man?

Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Alan Keyes
Lester Holt
Solodad O'Brien
Corey Booker
Oprah Winfrey
Barack Obama
Halle Berry
Bryant and Greg Gumbel
Don Lemon
Eric Holder
Ben Jealous
Deval Patrick
Fredricka Whitfield

Is it because you speak cryptically instead of just stating what you mean? Obama does the same for sure.

Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Alan Keyes
Lester Holt
Solodad O'Brien
Corey Booker
Oprah Winfrey
Barack Obama
Halle Berry
Bryant and Greg Gumbel
Don Lemon
Eric Holder
Ben Jealous
Deval Patrick
Fredricka Whitfield

not "black/dark" enough?

I am a black dude and the most common form of racial hassle I get is from other blacks for what is in my opinion is the stupidest reason I can think of. Its mild and nothing that affects my life but I do find it both bizarre, troubling and somewhat offensive. Guess what's the reason.

You named your two kids Tammy and Billy-Bob?

Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Alan Keyes
Lester Holt
Solodad O'Brien
Corey Booker
Oprah Winfrey
Barack Obama
Halle Berry
Bryant and Greg Gumbel
Don Lemon
Eric Holder
Ben Jealous
Deval Patrick
Fredricka Whitfield

You mean you don't speak with a black accent.

you have a job? :lamo and j/k

Is it because you speak cryptically instead of just stating what you mean? Obama does the same for sure.

I don't think so. Maybe but that's not the direct criticism.

Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Alan Keyes
Lester Holt
Solodad O'Brien
Corey Booker
Oprah Winfrey
Barack Obama
Halle Berry
Bryant and Greg Gumbel
Don Lemon
Eric Holder
Ben Jealous
Deval Patrick
Fredricka Whitfield

Mornin Sméagol. :2wave: What about those blacks that get labeled Uncle Tom from the Right.....and their Associations?

Despite the differences they still stay with the company they keep. ;)

Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Alan Keyes
Lester Holt
Solodad O'Brien
Corey Booker
Oprah Winfrey
Barack Obama
Halle Berry
Bryant and Greg Gumbel
Don Lemon
Eric Holder
Ben Jealous
Deval Patrick
Fredricka Whitfield

You have friends who are communists?

You have friends who are communists?
Oh, I take that back - Obama's friends are just marxists, maoists, and anarchists.

Um... is it because you can't sing?

Does the answer involve politics?

I'm going to guess (shotgun style) and say live in a white neighborhood, grew up poor but made it, send your kids to private school, do not like rap/hip-hop or occasionally slip up and advocate personal responsibility. ;)

You mean you don't speak with a black accent.

BINGO! I don't sound distinctively "black" when I talk. This means I think I'm better than other blacks, "you've forgotten you're one of us," I'm not a true black person, I'm an embarrassment to my race, I'm pretending to be white, etc. etc. Its actually funny. Even though I'm in no way saying all or even most black people I know have expressed this criticism, it happens enough that I'm personally mildly put off by it.

But yeah, a lot of black people I know apparently have a problem with blacks who lack a distinctively black sounding accent and I'm in the club due to no fault of my own. I was raised by a school teacher who forbade me to speak in the dialect of the streets in what later became known as Ebonics and I moved around a little growing up, which tends to give some people a more general accent as opposed to having a tendency for a more regional accent such as a Southern Drawl, Mid Western or New England accent. In my case it seems to have also neutralized any distinctive ethnic sound as well.

BINGO! I don't sound distinctively "black" when I talk. This means I think I'm better than other blacks, "you've forgotten you're one of us," I'm not a true black person, I'm an embarrassment to my race, I'm pretending to be white, etc. etc. Its actually funny. Even though I'm in no way saying all or even most black people I know have expressed this criticism, it happens enough that I'm personally mildly put off by it.

But yeah, a lot of black people I know apparently have a problem with blacks who lack a distinctively black sounding accent and I'm in the club due to no fault of my own. I was raised by a school teacher who forbade me to speak in the dialect of the streets in what later became known as Ebonics and I moved around a little growing up, which tends to give some people a more general accent as opposed to having a tendency for a more regional accent such as a Southern Drawl, Mid Western or New England accent. In my case it seems to have also neutralized any distinctive ethnic sound as well.

Sméagol.....Are you tellin me you don't speak jive? :lol:

:2razz:

Dang, I was going to guess that next...

You have a small penis? (Hey..dont blame me...I just heard that about Oprah!)

Its funny people think that. Specifically...they think that about American Blacks. ALL of the black folk I knew in England spoke proper English...

Back
Top Bottom