• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm at Soup

Brochacholomigo

we live in a society
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
For the majority of you who aren't familiar with the concept of abridged anime, it's where someone takes an anime and edits it, shortening the show considerably, redoing all the dialogue with new lines and voices, and making it comedy-based. Here's a thirty-eight second clip you guys might like.

For the majority of you who aren't familiar with the concept of abridged anime, it's where someone takes an anime and edits it, shortening the show considerably, redoing all the dialogue with new lines and voices, and making it comedy-based. Here's a thirty-eight second clip you guys might like.

That's ****ing HILARIOUS.

That's ****ing HILARIOUS.

It's easily the highlight of the entire abridged series. Of you're interested in watching the rest, it's Code MENT by PurpleEyesWTF. A warning, though: it's pretty out there at times, and doesn't actually advance the plot very much.

Also, all the abridges can be found on YouTube.

It's easily the highlight of the entire abridged series. Of you're interested in watching the rest, it's Code MENT by PurpleEyesWTF. A warning, though: it's pretty out there at times, and doesn't actually advance the plot very much.

Also, all the abridges can be found on YouTube.

I've watched other abridged series before, but not this one. I'll check it out and see how I like it.

For those of you who aren't fans of Japanese cartoons in general, there are several abridged superhero movies and shows of note, including the following first part of Justice League War: Abridged.

I've watched other abridged series before, but not this one. I'll check it out and see how I like it.

If I had to recommend one, I would suggest Bleach Anridged by Blazing Azure Crow. They produce videos of a quality to rival TFS and LittleKuriboh in a fraction of the time. The first episode isn't on YouTube, but you can find a link to it in video #2.

Episode 1 is kinda meh, like in all abridges, but it increases in quality immediately.

Eh, maybe I'm just getting old but that wasn't very funny.

Reminds me of the old GI Joe PSA re edits which were a lot more funny as they used just the animation and changed the voices.

Eh, maybe I'm just getting old but that wasn't very funny.

Reminds me of the old GI Joe PSA re edits which were a lot more funny as they used just the animation and changed the voices.

Different times, different senses of humor. I didn't like most of those myself, but the one where the kid fell on the ice was pretty good.

That's friggin' hilarious man.

I love the way the soup in the background gets bigger and bigger

You are clearly the funniest guy on this site (imo)...by miles.

Last edited:
Different times, different senses of humor. I didn't like most of those myself, but the one where the kid fell on the ice was pretty good.

I don't know about that. Stock pictures from anime poorly superimposed on stock pictures of soup and a cell phone, with dialogue that would have been funnier if it was between big Bird and Elmo. Just seems like lazy and hackish to me.

I don't know about that. Stock pictures from anime poorly superimposed on stock pictures of soup and a cell phone, with dialogue that would have been funnier if it was between big Bird and Elmo. Just seems like lazy and hackish to me.

I would say that, at the very least, there are actual lines of dialogue in the video I posted. Many of the edited clips from yours lack a single legible line of dialogue from the GI Joe characters.

Furthermore, this is merely a clip out of a much longer episode. I shared this one because I didn't expect people to watch an entire, ten minute episode from late in a parody series about a series, when they almost certainly haven't watched either of them.

Are you serious?

I was laughing so hard I started coughing.

I would say that, at the very least, there are actual lines of dialogue in the video I posted. Many of the edited clips from yours lack a single legible line of dialogue from the GI Joe characters.

Furthermore, this is merely a clip out of a much longer episode. I shared this one because I didn't expect people to watch an entire, ten minute episode from late in a parody series about a series, when they almost certainly haven't watched either of them.

Maybe in context it's more funny but a grade school level video with sub par writing just doesn't do it for me.

Are you serious?

I was laughing so hard I started coughing.

Yeah, it just a bunch a stock pics stacked together with some mildly amusing dialogue. A slight chuckle is the most I would give it.

Yeah, it just a bunch a stock pics stacked together with some mildly amusing dialogue. A slight chuckle is the most I would give it.

Each to their own.

The video part is almost irrelevant...it's just background (though I love the soup getting bigger in each shot).

I thought the mildly amusing dialog was hilarious.

I just saw it again for about the tenth time...still hilarious.

'I'm at soup'.

I am guessing you are/were not a big Monty Python fan.

Last edited:
Each to their own.

The video part is almost irrelevant...it's just background (though I love the soup getting bigger in each shot).

I thought the mildly amusing dialog was hilarious.

I just saw it again for about the tenth time...still hilarious.

'I'm at soup'.

I am guessing you are/were not a big Monty Python fan.

Actually I love Monty python and newer random humor stuff like space ghost, aqua teen, archer, etc.

This video I just thought was so far below those levels it wasn't even really funny at all.

Actually I love Monty python and newer random humor stuff like space ghost, aqua teen, archer, etc.

This video I just thought was so far below those levels it wasn't even really funny at all.

Fair enough.

Another small clip taken from a larger series, this is an excerpt from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, by Takahata101. Here, we see what happens when you destroy the first vampire's 70-inch plasma screen tv.

And another quick little clip, starring the same vampire as before. He's getting barged in on again, but it all works out for him in the end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom