• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm Actually Starting To Believe In Vote Suppression

I guess they both got to play the game.

A guy who ID's as "Moderate" says:

"I'm Actually Starting To Believe In Vote Suppression"

yeah, till it happens to you, or were you intending to vote for Kanye?
Yeah, right.

Tell me this isn't Democrats carrying out vote suppression:

Kanye West kept off Wisconsin ballot by state officials after missing deadline by less than two minutes

A few seconds, a few minutes? Really?

Really, a law isn't a law.

Wisconsin Legislature: 8.03(1)

Upon receipt of the notice, each candidate shall file a declaration of candidacy in the manner prescribed by s. 8.21 with the municipal clerk making the notification no later than 5 p.m. on the 5th day after the notification is mailed or personally delivered to the candidate by the municipal clerk, except as authorized in this paragraph. If an incumbent whose name is certified as a nominee fails to file a declaration of candidacy within the time prescribed by this paragraph, each certified candidate for the office held by the incumbent, other than the incumbent, may file a declaration of candidacy no later than 72 hours after the latest time prescribed in this paragraph. If the candidate has not filed a registration statement under s. 11.0202 (1) (a) at the time of the notification, the candidate shall file the statement with the declaration.

If you bend for a couple seconds, you should bend for more, no?

Hey, I am all about breaking the law but as a conservative aren't you supposed to be the 'law and order' type? Or only applies laws you don't like?

Kanye West kept off Wisconsin ballot by state officials after missing deadline by less than two minutes

It's not voter suppression. I suppose you could call it "candidate suppression". The deadline has passed to get on the ballot in enough states that Kanye could not possibly win the presidency. He has admitted that he's only in it to help Trump by splitting the black vote in swing states. At worst, this is foiling a legal but dirty trick by using another legal but dirty trick. My heart bleeds for Kanye, but I'll get over it.

It's not voter suppression. I suppose you could call it "candidate suppression". The deadline has passed to get on the ballot in enough states that Kanye could not possibly win the presidency. He has admitted that he's only in it to help Trump by splitting the black vote in swing states. At worst, this is foiling a legal but dirty trick by using another legal but dirty trick. My heart bleeds for Kanye, but I'll get over it.

But Kayne has worked so hard in campaigning and visiting with voters across the country. Darn it.

Surely Trump can find a spot for him on his ever changing team as the they have put a turnstile in place of the White House door.

Were you planning to vote for Kanye?

Why would that matter? Vote suppression is vote suppression. Even when dead people aren't allowed to vote it is vote suppression.

Actually, I am suggesting that voters that live in a fantasy world (most Trump supporters) not be permitted to vote. I think voters should have to pass a reality test before they are allowed to vote. Trump would lose by a landslide as only about 1% of his 35% base would be allowed to vote.

poor Kanye. the upside is that some Republicans have finally found a new black guy that they aren't afraid of. gotta look at the silver lining, dontchaknow.

Why would that matter? Vote suppression is vote suppression. Even when dead people aren't allowed to vote it is vote suppression.

"I see dead people"

I agree, it is outrageous how dead people are not allowed to vote. Especially by mail.:lamo

One could also say rules are rules. Kanye missed the deadline. Doesn't matter if you miss by a minute, hour, day, week, month, year. Missed is missed.:mrgreen:

You don't have to be on the ballot for people to vote for you, and having a good chance of winning has never been a requirement to run for president.

Blocking him from being on the ballot based on 2 minutes is far more ridiculous than telling people they need to mail in their ballots well in advance if they want them counted.

You don't have to be on the ballot for people to vote for you, and having a good chance of winning has never been a requirement to run for president.

Blocking him from being on the ballot based on 2 minutes is far more ridiculous than telling people they need to mail in their ballots well in advance if they want them counted.

Great! Then anyone who wants to vote for Kanye can. This doesn't stop anyone from voting. Thanks for pointing that out.

Great! Then anyone who wants to vote for Kanye can. This doesn't stop anyone from voting. Thanks for pointing that out.

Seems fair, and anyone who wants to vote by mail can do so, as long as their ballot gets received bv the deadline, and if that means they need to mail it in 2 weeks in advance because the USPS sucks, then so be it.

Seems fair, and anyone who wants to vote by mail can do so, as long as their ballot gets received bv the deadline, and if that means they need to mail it in 2 weeks in advance because the USPS sucks, then so be it.

"It is what it is" as Trump said about the virus.

The GOP should have planned this scam sooner.

Back
Top Bottom