• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm a Sailing Ho!

reefedjib

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
I'm going sailing today! It is the last weekend of the season and winds are expected to be blowing a nice comfortable 12 knots. This should allow us to reach hull speed on close haul and beam and broad reaches - hell on all points of sail. It's going to be chilly at 62F - fall is here and winter is coming. I have told the crew to dress warmly.

For crew we got Nicola on the jib - she will have gloves so she should be able to haul it in without worries - and Mark on mainsail, I'll take the helm. Mike and Susan are railmeat. We may alternate tasks as conditions permit. Navigation will be coastal - no celestial or GPS needed. Sail ho! (I am a sail ho :) )

I'm going sailing today! It is the last weekend of the season and winds are expected to be blowing a nice comfortable 12 knots. This should allow us to reach hull speed on close haul and beam and broad reaches - hell on all points of sail. It's going to be chilly at 62F - fall is here and winter is coming. I have told the crew to dress warmly.

For crew we got Nicola on the jib - she will have gloves so she should be able to haul it in without worries - and Mark on mainsail, I'll take the helm. Mike and Susan are railmeat. We may alternate tasks as conditions permit. Navigation will be coastal - no celestial or GPS needed. Sail ho! (I am a sail ho :) )

awesome...i know you had a great time!!!!!!

awesome...i know you had a great time!!!!!!

Sure did! More importantly, my girlfriend Nicola - a complete sailing novice and prone to seasickness - had a GREAT time. The best activity of the weekend she says. This beats out the shooting range where we fired 200 rounds from a Sig Sauer .40 caliber, and she is a skeet shooter. We have planned the next trip (she's from England, so it's a long distance situation) for the first week in April. We are going to Estepona, Spain in Andalucia, right next to Gibraltar and the Pillars of Hercules. I already scoped out the boating situation and we are each going to do a 5 hour dinghy private lesson - hers for basics and mine for racing trim. Fantastic!

Sure did! More importantly, my girlfriend Nicola - a complete sailing novice and prone to seasickness - had a GREAT time. The best activity of the weekend she says. This beats out the shooting range where we fired 200 rounds from a Sig Sauer .40 caliber, and she is a skeet shooter. We have planned the next trip (she's from England, so it's a long distance situation) for the first week in April. We are going to Estepona, Spain in Andalucia, right next to Gibraltar and the Pillars of Hercules. I already scoped out the boating situation and we are each going to do a 5 hour dinghy private lesson - hers for basics and mine for racing trim. Fantastic!

shut up! post to andalublue........and have a great time!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom