• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It is time for supporters of Barack Obama to pay attention to what "your" President and the so called progressive ideology is doing to this country.

I happen to believe that most Obama supporters are being manipulated by the liberal elite who have never run anything and really haven't a clue as to how our country's economy actually works. Let one of the older American's tell it like it is and Obama supporters take now.

I'm 63 and Im Tired!

Darn: I'm 60 and the article summed up pretty much how I feel. Retired with no debts. I'm tired of wastefull spending my many of our elected officials (local/state/fed).

It is time for supporters of Barack Obama to pay attention to what "your" President and the so called progressive ideology is doing to this country.

I happen to believe that most Obama supporters are being manipulated by the liberal elite who have never run anything and really haven't a clue as to how our country's economy actually works. Let one of the older American's tell it like it is and Obama supporters take now.

I'm 63 and Im Tired!

You have very little respect for people who disagree with you if you're trying to paint them all as pawns

You are absolutely correct, I have zero respect for people who ignore facts and continue to buy the rhetoric that flies in the face of actual facts. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but you better come armed with facts, logic, and common sense and that leaves out the Obama supporters.

You have very little respect for people who disagree with you if you're trying to paint them all as pawns

Did you actually read the thing he linked? It's all the usual strawman about liberals.

Yes, but that strawman isn't built out of straw, it is built out of facts, logic, and common sense thus concrete. Suggest you try and get the facts for a change instead of buying the rhetoric. I told you to go to bea.gov for economic data, bls.gov for unemployment data, and the U.S. Treasury for debt and deficit information. Then you can go to any civics and history book to learn how our govt. runs and what our forefathers built. None of these sites are of any interest to an Obama supporter.

You are absolutely correct, I have zero respect for people who ignore facts and continue to buy the rhetoric that flies in the face of actual facts. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but you better come armed with facts, logic, and common sense and that leaves out the Obama supporters.

Please explain the leap in logic that Obama supporters don't "come armed with facts, logic, and common sense".

None of these sites are of any interest to an Obama supporter.

None of those sites you mentioned support this claim.

Which agency is in charge of collecting data on what Obama supporters have an interest in?

Read any thread from an Obama supporter that I respond to and then you wouldn't have to ask such a question. I use the sites I listed which are foreign to those supporting Obama who instead buy what the media tells them and ignores the actual results which are history. Tell me factually what successes Obama has had the past 18 months and back them up with actual facts.

Those sites I listed are non partisan and get their information from factual data. BEA lists economic growth by the four categories that make up GDP. Bls lists unemployment data including discouraged workers, The U.S. Treasury is the checkbook of the United States and shows where the revenue and expenses go thus the deficit which is yearly.

Obama supporters ignore basic civics just like they ignore that Obama was part of one of the three equal branches of govt. the legislative branch and since 2007 was in the majority party thus controlling ALL legislation that was brought to the floor for a vote. Obama supporters ignore that reality thus blaming Bush solely for the recession, claiming that Bush solely created the deficits, and claiming that Bush solely caused the finanical crisis.

Obama supporters show by their posts that they have no interest in actual facts but instead continue to believe in rhetoric and a failed ideology. Obama is a failure and the results show it. Obama suipporters ignore the evidence. Feel free to offer factual rebutals.

Read any thread from an Obama supporter that I respond to and then you wouldn't have to ask such a question. I use the sites I listed which are foreign to those supporting Obama who instead buy what the media tells them and ignores the actual results which are history. Tell me factually what successes Obama has had the past 18 months and back them up with actual facts.

So, in short, you can't support that claim.

I'm not surprised. However, it is humorous that you "logically" arrived at this conclusion based only on threads you have participated in on this one website.

So much for your "facts, logic, and common sense." :rofl

So, in short you are an Obama supporter who is incapable of doing any research? I gave you an opportunity to provide proof to the contrary and what you proved is that you are an Obama supporter, afraid of actual facts, afraid to read a civics book, and of course afraid of a history book. Your President is an empty suit and the facts support it, deficit, unemployment, economic growth, foreign affairs, the oil spill in the Gulf. The results say it all and anyone that still supports Obama deserves zero respect.

Did you actually read the thing he linked? It's all the usual strawman about liberals.

Why would I read something on what is basically a white supremacy site?

I'm 63 and Im Tired!

Typical right-wing partisan hack. :yawn:

Rightwing site? LOL, it is posted on a lot of sites and I just happened to pick the first one that came up, Google it and you might even find a more credible site for you, Redress.

LOL, another Obama supporter, Molten? Facts always get in the way of your personal opinion so you have to resort to name calling. I feel sorry for you but have zero respect.

I'm a conservative, and the dude is my president too. He's not the liberals' president, he's America's. :2usflag: I hated it when wackos did that with GWB.

He is my President too and I use the "your" to indicate those that voted for him. I did not and am proud of my vote. The fact that he is my President makes me sick due to the results generated. He was hired to do a job and if you or I generated the results he generated after spending what he has spent we would be fired.

So, in short you are an Obama supporter who is incapable of doing any research?

Moderator's Warning:
You can insult Obama all you like. You can not insult members of Debate Politics. DO NOT do this again.

I gave you an opportunity to provide proof to the contrary and what you proved is that you are an Obama supporter, afraid of actual facts, afraid to read a civics book, and of course afraid of a history book.

I am an Obama supporter. I am capable of criticizing him. I don't agree with everything he does.

You wanted me to respond so you could soapbox about all the reasons you don't like Obama and apply your spin to your assessment of the facts.

Your President is an empty suit and the facts support it, deficit, unemployment, economic growth, foreign affairs, the oil spill in the Gulf.

He's your President too.

The results say it all and anyone that still supports Obama deserves zero respect.

I don't know how you can stand living in a country where roughly half it's citizens deserve zero respect.

"LOOK! I found something on the internets that corresponds with my opinion, I must be right!
"Everyone that doesn't agree with me is an idiot!"
"If anyone says something that contridicts me they're making it up!"
"My party has all the answers and has never done anything wrong."
"If you disagree with me then you are brainwashed by propagana!"
"I know everything about everything and am always ****ing correct!"
"Any facts brought up by my oppenent aren't real!"
"I repeat things that the news tells me like a parrot!
"It's perfectly reasonable when I do things but when others do it it's BULL****!!"
"I am a big flaming annoying hypocrite!'

Come back when you are ready to have a civilized discussion.

Last edited:
So calling someone an Obama supporter is an insult? That tells me a lot!

I have stated that he is my President but I didn't vote for him and the use of "your" President applies then to you. Now as for half the country supporting Obama obviously you aren't paying any attention to the polls. Apparently the people are waking up.

They know that Obama lied when he said he inherited a 1.3 trillion deficit from Bush and know that Obama has added over 3 trillion to the debt in less than 2 years and it is impossible to create that much deficit for a fiscaly year that started in October 2008 and ended for Bush when he left office in January.

Obviously 15 million unemployed or a 4 million increase from when he took office isn't the results that the majority in this country expected.

Obviously the American people are tired of rhetoric that is nothing more than lies and Obama does that on just about every issue. there has been no leadership on the oil spill, no leadership on Iran, North Korea, or any leadership in the war on terror and in fact his inability to even use the term.

Obama took office and made a lot of promises. Name for me any promise he made that has made a positive difference in this country?

Obama took office and made a lot of promises. Name for me any promise he made that has made a positive difference in this country?

He got Joe Biden to stop talking for a few weeks. :2dancing:

"LOOK! I found something on the internets that corresponds with my opinion, I must be right!
"Everyone that doesn't agree with me is an idiot!"
"If anyone says something that contridicts me they're making it up!"
"My party has all the answers and has never done anything wrong."
"If you disagree with me then you are brainwashed by propagana!"
"I know everything about everything and am always ****ing correct!"
"Any facts brought up by my oppenent aren't real!"
"I repeat things that the news tells me like a parrot!
"It's perfectly reasonable when I do things but when others do it it's BULL****!!"
"I am a big flaming annoying hypocrite!'

Come back when you are ready to have a civilized discussion.

IF you are talking to me bea.gov, bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury are not internet sites, they are official non partisan sites that report on govt. performance. I would love to have a civilized discussion with an Obama supporter but haven't found one capable of a civilized discussion, only name calling. Suggest Obama supporters go there and verify the rhetoric Obama is telling you because then they will realize that all Obama rhetoric is lies. It is an example of the elite progressives leading minions of the very poorly informed who want badly to believe everything he says.

LOL, but Biden is Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

IF you are talking to me bea.gov, bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury are not internet sites, they are official non partisan sites that report on govt. performance. I would love to have a civilized discussion with an Obama supporter but haven't found one capable of a civilized discussion, only name calling. Suggest Obama supporters go there and verify the rhetoric Obama is telling you because then they will realize that all Obama rhetoric is lies. It is an example of the elite progressives leading minions of the very poorly informed who want badly to believe everything he says.[/QOUTE=Conservitive;1058829787]
You do realize you have insults in your post when you are also calling people namecallers. Specificly generalizing that all Obama supporters are poorly informed minions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom