• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired

You allude to phantom facts and ad hominems in an attempt to avoid civil discussion. Remember, data is meaningless without adequate interpretation. Judging from the content of your posts, you have no business analyzing the said data. Even basic statistical concepts go over your heard.

Redress, so what exactly do you want snopes to prove? Amazing how all you liberal cult followers cannot defend "your" empty suit President so the best you can do is attack the messenger as you ignore the message. This article was written by a former Vietnam Marine and is how he feels and is how the majority in this country feel today. Tell us all what Obama has done to change that feeling and where this Vietnam vet has gone wrong. I haven't seen one bit of evidence to support your point of view.

This post, much like the OP, has zero factual content. I wanted snopes to prove that anything the guy said was true. Snopes saying that yes he wrote it...well, no one was saying he didn't. It's one of those meaningless slightly misleading comments.

Liberalism is no more a cult than conservatism, but it's good to see you try and argue facts and not just namecall.

The president is every ones president, no one owns him, and we can defend him when he is right, and criticize him when he is wrong. At least we can manage to see both.

I doubt very much the majority of the country feels like he does, but feel free to find polling data to support that most americans think all those things.

I have already shown you factually inaccurate statements he made.

Sorry, but this is a whole big lot of fail. No point, just mindless whining and ranting. Keep up the good work.

Ok, so interpret the results and tell me what Obama has done to improve those numbers. What you and others ignore is personal behavior as well as basic business principles. Please enlighten me as to where I have gone wrong? Do higher taxes and uncertainty about taxes affect business decisions? Tell me what business you ever ran and if you ran one how did you make hiring decisions?

Since Obama took office the debt has increased almost 3 trillion dollars in less than 2 years, unemployment has increased by almost 4 million, govt. revenue continues to be at pre 2008 levels, national healthcare has been enacted, cap and trade is on the table, Iran is closer to nuclear bomb, we have oil spilling in the gulf that has yet to be capped or cleaned up, taxes are going up for the job producers. So interpret the numbers for me since I am incapable of doing that?

Ok, so interpret the results and tell me what Obama has done to improve those numbers. What you and others ignore is personal behavior as well as basic business principles. Please enlighten me as to where I have gone wrong? Do higher taxes and uncertainty about taxes affect business decisions? Tell me what business you ever ran and if you ran one how did you make hiring decisions?

Since Obama took office the debt has increased almost 3 trillion dollars in less than 2 years, unemployment has increased by almost 4 million, govt. revenue continues to be at pre 2008 levels, national healthcare has been enacted, cap and trade is on the table, Iran is closer to nuclear bomb, we have oil spilling in the gulf that has yet to be capped or cleaned up, taxes are going up for the job producers. So interpret the numbers for me since I am incapable of doing that?

Hint: what was happening when Obama took office, and how will it effect things? Would it mean lower revenue, higher spending, and higher unemployment, pretty much no matter what he did? Gosh darn facts, they are so inconvenient.

I consider the fact that the entire financial system didn't collapse a positive thing.

Redress, So why don't you refute what he posted. yes, it is his opinion, opinions based upon actual facts which you ignore. Taxes are going up on ALL Americans and money goes to those who don't pay any income taxes.

Liberalism is a cult because liberals ignore results to focus on feelings. Liberal elite brainwash people buy focusing on feelings instead of actual facts, logic, common sense, and human behavior.

This President has been wrong on every issue and no one can refute the actual numbers which show how wrong he has been and the lies he has told.

You doubt but do not know how everyone else feels. The polls however are quite telling. The majority in this country say that America is on the wrong track and Presidential approval ratings are at a record low for this President, well below 50%

No, you haven't shown any inaccurate statements he has made because your statements are filled with your own personal opinions that ignore actual data.

I have given you a chance to refute actual data but you have chosen again to attack the messenger. That is what liberals do when confronted with data and information that cannot be refuted.

It was TARP that "saved" the financial system and that program was signed into law by President Bush in October 2008

Redress, So why don't you refute what he posted. yes, it is his opinion, opinions based upon actual facts which you ignore. Taxes are going up on ALL Americans and money goes to those who don't pay any income taxes.

Liberalism is a cult because liberals ignore results to focus on feelings. Liberal elite brainwash people buy focusing on feelings instead of actual facts, logic, common sense, and human behavior.

This President has been wrong on every issue and no one can refute the actual numbers which show how wrong he has been and the lies he has told.

You doubt but do not know how everyone else feels. The polls however are quite telling. The majority in this country say that America is on the wrong track and Presidential approval ratings are at a record low for this President, well below 50%

No, you haven't shown any inaccurate statements he has made because your statements are filled with your own personal opinions that ignore actual data.

I have given you a chance to refute actual data but you have chosen again to attack the messenger. That is what liberals do when confronted with data and information that cannot be refuted.

I must have missed all of those irrefutable numbers you posted, can you link them for me?

Only 12% Of Americans Think Obama Cut Their Taxes: POLL

It says here that Obama lowered taxes for 95% percent of americans. It wasn't that hard to find.

This explains the existence of the Tea Party. Nobody seems to realize that their taxes are at the lowest point they've ever been.

Last edited:
Redress, what was happening was we were in a recession, one created by Congress and the President. The financial crisis was subsiding due to TARP and money was being paid back. Obama got passed and signed a trillion dollar stimulus plan that was supposed to cap unemployment at 8%, he failed and increased the debt instead as well as increasing unemployment. He has done nothing to promote the private sector. The article posted is quite clear on what Obama has done but most Obama supporters buy the rhetoric and ignore the results.

Would love to have some facts presented by you. Unemployment today shows 4 million more than in January 2009 and after the stimulus plan was signed into law. Debt is 3 trillion dollars more than it was when he took office. Those are facts not opinions.

Deuce, rebate checks are one time events and people do not see them in their paycheck. That isn't a tax cut and did nothing for the economy. Tax cuts for 95% of the people is a lie. 95% of the people in this country do not pay taxes.

Teh, Since 95% of the people in this country do not pay income taxes that is a lie. How much was your tax cut?

"LOOK! I found something on the internets that corresponds with my opinion, I must be right!
"Everyone that doesn't agree with me is an idiot!"
"If anyone says something that contridicts me they're making it up!"
"My party has all the answers and has never done anything wrong."
"If you disagree with me then you are brainwashed by propagana!"
"I know everything about everything and am always ****ing correct!"
"Any facts brought up by my oppenent aren't real!"
"I repeat things that the news tells me like a parrot!
"It's perfectly reasonable when I do things but when others do it it's BULL****!!"
"I am a big flaming annoying hypocrite!'

Come back when you are ready to have a civilized discussion.

Just wanted to restate this for Conservetive

I did in my second I think post in this thread.

This is false. It is pure hyperpartisan rhetoric with exactly no basis in fact. Feel free to try and prove your wild claim though. Bet you don't.

Really? I cannot find one single issue the president was right on? Bet I can.

And already we are moving the goalpost. This does nothing to prove that people believe the same things the guy in your OP does. Nice try, but not good enough.

There where no figures in your post. Why expect a higher standard from me?

You have not offered any data. I cannot refute data if you don't actually present some.

Redress, what was happening was we were in a recession, one created by Congress and the President. The financial crisis was subsiding due to TARP and money was being paid back. Obama got passed and signed a trillion dollar stimulus plan that was supposed to cap unemployment at 8%, he failed and increased the debt instead as well as increasing unemployment. He has done nothing to promote the private sector. The article posted is quite clear on what Obama has done but most Obama supporters buy the rhetoric and ignore the results.

Would love to have some facts presented by you. Unemployment today shows 4 million more than in January 2009 and after the stimulus plan was signed into law. Debt is 3 trillion dollars more than it was when he took office. Those are facts not opinions.

I would love you to present some facts too. What would the deficit been if Obama had done nothing? What would unemployment be like if he had done nothing?

Teh, Since 95% of the people in this country do not pay income taxes that is a lie. How much was your tax cut?

You can of course support that with some of those facts that you are so fond of talking about. An actual link will do.

Teh, sounds a lot like you are comparing liberals because the non partisan data disagrees with you. You have yet to interpret Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the U.S. Treasury numbers for us.

Redress, The actual links were posted but here goes again, check out the sites. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service and research the site. Every bit of data you want is there. The question is are you smart enough to interpret the data in a non partisan way? Would love for you to "interpret" that data for us but to do so you have to understand civics as well as history. Let's see if you pass the test

"I'm 63 and tired"
More like "I'm 63 and typical"

does anyone really expect something else from the aging status quo?

Joe Biden's economic advisor claimed tha tif we did nothing unemployment would go to 9%. Instead Obama got passed and signed a stimulus plan that took unemployment to 10% and it only cost us a trillion dollars. Facts have no place in the liberal agenda.

Redress, The actual links were posted but here goes again, check out the sites. BEA.gov, BLS.gov, Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service and research the site. Every bit of data you want is there. The question is are you smart enough to interpret the data in a non partisan way? Would love for you to "interpret" that data for us but to do so you have to understand civics as well as history. Let's see if you pass the test

Linking to a page with over 50 documents on it proves nothing, except that you don't have the information you claim to have. Get back to me when you can link to the actual documents that prove any of your claims. Claiming any one who disagrees with you is seeing things in a partisan way is hilarious coming from you.

Back
Top Bottom