• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illinois to Become 20th State to Legalize Marijuana.....

In a hospital setting you are not responsible for your care.

You damn well better be. Some doctors are good and some are bad but they're all human. They miss things and they make mistakes. It's your body and your health - take responsibility for them. Or you may end up with something like the wrong leg cut off.

Though I will say that I am not a big fan of the "whenever you need it" morphine drips that I've heard about.

"Whenever you need it" morphine drips have been commonplace for years. Apparently you're unfamiliar with studies that have shown patients actually use LESS analgesic when they are in control of it.

there is nobody there to save you from yourself and your own bad decisions

Thanks anyway but you can keep your paternalism. I'll make my own decisions, good, bad or indifferent, and take responsibility for them.

You damn well better be. Some doctors are good and some are bad but they're all human. They miss things and they make mistakes. It's your body and your health - take responsibility for them. Or you may end up with something like the wrong leg cut off.

I'm talking about the responsibility to feed yourself, to make sure that you are safe, and that your immediate needs are met. Those are the sorts of responsibilities that I'm talking about. As for the other stuff... There's a reason I avoid doctors as much as humanly possible.

"Whenever you need it" morphine drips have been commonplace for years. Apparently you're unfamiliar with studies that have shown patients actually use LESS analgesic when they are in control of it.

My father had one during his last brain surgery in May of 2001. He used the drip only once in a 24 hour period (he hated the loopy feeling of being drugged up almost as much as I do). The nurses were actually very surprised that he didn't use it more.

Thanks anyway but you can keep your paternalism. I'll make my own decisions, good, bad or indifferent, and take responsibility for them.

You MAY be able to. Unfortunately the vast majority of people in this country and nearly everyone outside of it is unable to do so, and since se need to govern to the scum at the bottom, both you and I get to lose some of our choices to keep this world from flying apart.

Ahh... the ability to sell to friends. @about $400 per oz. that's nearly a living.

$400/month? Is that inflation, or location? Isn't $300 more reasonable?

And it has to be some damn good stuff for $300. I doubt state grown stuff will be.

It's been decades since I've been near the stuff.... I have no clue as to cost. Back then, a joint could last several days for me, as I wasn't a big smoker even then.

I've thought about getting it again for medical purposes, this time legitimately. I can't imagine 2-1/2 oz per two weeks. At the rate I would use it, an ounce would last me almost a year.

Back in the 70's I smoked the hell out of it when it was $40/oz for the good Oregon bud. The leaf was $20. I'd say it took 3 of us to use that up in a week. It's now $300/oz. If you guys are having to pay $400, maybe it's coming from here...

Anyway, I'm ADD. Too many times, I have a hard time sleeping. A single bong hit a night allows me to sleep.

$400/month? Is that inflation, or location? Isn't $300 more reasonable?

And it has to be some damn good stuff for $300. I doubt state grown stuff will be.

From what I've heard, most of the good stuff comes from dispensaries in states that have medical MJ. Getting it to my state comes at a price.

America seems kinda schizo when it comes to drugs. You have vast numbers of people in jail from the war on drugs and at the same time half the country is legalising/decriminalising weed.

America seems kinda schizo when it comes to drugs. You have vast numbers of people in jail from the war on drugs and at the same time half the country is legalising/decriminalising weed.

That's beause this nation no longer has any morals or values. We could clear out the prisons immediately by making drug possession a capital crime, punished on the spot, sans trial. We should also be removing ALL Federal funding from EVERY state that legalizes this crap.

Heya Mr X.....its a process see.
shades.gif
First we arrest everyone, then we legalize it. :lol:

Btw.....Welcome to the Forums of Debate Politics.
hat.gif

Yep.....up to the cop. If he wants to deal with anything less than a certain amount, or the paperwork. I know they were trying to pass a bill that would make it a fine for having less than a certain amount. I don't know if they passed it or not.

Most of Cook County is that way.

This reminds me of a friend of mine about oh, 15 years back. Had a helluva weekend. Got popped for a DUI on Friday, got popped for an oz. on Sat. Ended up with court supervision for the DUI and his lawyer said let's go to trial on the weed. Put in for a lab report on the ganja and lo and behold, no ganja... Where'd the ganja go I wonder? Nobody seen the ganja, the ganja went missing, of all the luck.

Case dismissed. :lamo

Just another day at the office, I guess...:coffeepap

That's beause this nation no longer has any morals or values. We could clear out the prisons immediately by making drug possession a capital crime, punished on the spot, sans trial. We should also be removing ALL Federal funding from EVERY state that legalizes this crap.

Well I don't think having death squads roaming the streets killing anyone in possession of a joint is going to happen, no matter how much you would like that. (however, I'm assuming you're just trolling)

Well I don't think having death squads roaming the streets killing anyone in possession of a joint is going to happen, no matter how much you would like that. (however, I'm assuming you're just trolling)

I don't troll. I don't have a sense of humor. Especially about people acting in an immoral manner by possessing dope.

This reminds me of a friend of mine about oh, 15 years back. Had a helluva weekend. Got popped for a DUI on Friday, got popped for an oz. on Sat. Ended up with court supervision for the DUI and his lawyer said let's go to trial on the weed. Put in for a lab report on the ganja and lo and behold, no ganja... Where'd the ganja go I wonder? Nobody seen the ganja, the ganja went missing, of all the luck.

Sounds like a couple folks in the property room should have been fired on the spot.

Yet again, more whining from you. It can't take this long to find another country for you to go to, you're slacking.

Sounds like a couple folks in the property room should have been fired on the spot.

This is assuming it even got there...;)

Case dismissed. :lamo

Just another day at the office, I guess

Yeah, actually when we were the pee wee's growing up on the block.....the Cops back then didn't arrest one. Course we were all young and none of us carried anything over a few joints or a quarter. They would just take the stuff. Everybody knew not to get smartmouthed over it. Course if they did 2 things were going to happen. One was an ass-whippin' for getting disrespectful the other would be that drive down to juvie, and the call to your parents to pick ya up from there. Which then you knew ya was going to get another ass whipping as soon as ya left up out of there. :lol:

They weren't so bad back in the day. Cops catch ya screwing up or telling ya not to do something. One had best take them seriously. Back then they would just put on those lil black gloves. Talking to you the whole time they stretching their fingers into the gloves. Nice and tight. Telling one......who they were. That the next time he tells you not to be out after 11pm and hanging out at the school Concrete playground. That you had best listen. As now the ass whippin is coming. Cop would even say.....isn't your Dad so and so. Oh yeah, I know your father. Well you tell him that Officer Keegan, while Pointing at his badge Number.....kicked your ass and that if he has a problem with this and you being out after 11 pm where you are not suppose to be. To come down and see me ASAP.

Course nothing would be said to my step father. Who happened to be a Biker at that time. :shock: Not one damn word! :lol: Not from the Cops and not from anyone else. Good thing I grew up out of it and own my own house now. I almost looked to see if he was behind me. :lol:

Yet again, more whining from you. It can't take this long to find another country for you to go to, you're slacking.

When you actually have standards it can take some time. As has been discussed previously, you folks have pretty much screwed up any chance I might have had to get into a decent country because most of the places I would go won't take Americans due to your liberal agendas.

This is assuming it even got there...;)

Either way, someone needed to lose their job, at the very least.

When you actually have standards it can take some time. As has been discussed previously, you folks have pretty much screwed up any chance I might have had to get into a decent country because most of the places I would go won't take Americans due to your liberal agendas.

I'm quite sure the Taliban would take you. They share most of your authoritarian values.

I'm quite sure the Taliban would take you. They share most of your authoritarian values.

However, I do not share threir religion, which makes me unacceptable in their eyes.

However, I do not share threir religion, which makes me unacceptable in their eyes.

Nobody shares your religion. You remind me of the grumpy old man that will complain about anything, yet still remains where he so called "hates it". You find excuses to not leave this country that you hate. It's gotten old and tiring to be honest. You continue to complain, yet never leave.

Either way, someone needed to lose their job, at the very least.

:shock: Whoa whoa wo.....whaddya means by Standards. Just because people smoke weed doesn't mean they don't have any standards. :roll: Moreover certainly not those that use it with some sort of medical treatment.

I know several Vets that smoke the stuff.....they do so since they were forced to retire from a life they always lived and now have gotten older. They also do so to keep their stress levels down and from going off on the sheep. Living in a civilian world.

Can't say they don't have standards. As none are out shooting anyone for looking and saying something stupid.

Nobody shares your religion. You remind me of the grumpy old man that will complain about anything, yet still remains where he so called "hates it". You find excuses to not leave this country that you hate. It's gotten old and tiring to be honest. You continue to complain, yet never leave.

Nobody shares my religion because I don't have one. What you're missing is that unlike the United States which will accept anyone capable of getting across our borders, most other countries have standards as to whom they will allows into the country on a permanent basis and who they will allow to become a citizen. Right now Americans, and especially non-Muslem Americans are not being accepted into the countries that I've looked at.

Besides, leaving is the second option. The first is a lot bloodier and much more unpleasant for large portions of the US population.

:shock: Whoa whoa wo.....whaddya means by Standards. Just because people smoke weed doesn't mean they don't have any standards. :roll: Moreover certainly not those that use it with some sort of medical treatment.

The standards comment was related to TNE's post, not yours. That's why it was under TNE's quote and not yours.

I know several Vets that smoke the stuff.....they do so since they were forced to retire from a life they always lived and now have gotten older. They also do so to keep their stress levels down and from going off on the sheep. Living in a civilian world.

Can't say they don't have standards. As none are out shooting anyone for looking and saying something stupid.

I wouldn't waste your breath, you're talking to someone (Tigger) who apparently wants death squads roaming the streets killing anyone caught with a bit of pot.

Back
Top Bottom