• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illinois to allow concealed carry

Mizmo

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It's about time. Now if the few remaining states that do not allow CC will wise up, I can travel anywhere without breaking the law!

Indiana will now allow CC in bars. Don't know if that is good or bad. I know it's not good to mix alcohol and firearms!

It's about time. Now if the few remaining states that do not allow CC will wise up, I can travel anywhere without breaking the law!

Indiana will now allow CC in bars. Don't know if that is good or bad. I know it's not good to mix alcohol and firearms!

Already covered in two different threads. IL was the last state to adopt it so there are no remaining states, there are only the few may-issue states that need to become shall-issue.

Heya Mizmo.
yo2.gif
Yeah.....we were up on it. Finally Illinois has joined the 22nd Century.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gun-c...veto-concealed-carry-bill.html#post1062032457

its a no brainer

as long as YOU ARE NOT DRINKING you should be able to carry

Oh, apparently IL doesn't even have the manpower to actually conduct background checks on CC applicants. Oh well, fat lot of good it does anyway.

There's no difference between carrying in bar and carrying at home while someone else is having a beer while watching TV. So long as the person with the gun is not drinking there's no problem.

Yeah, if you are drinking at a bar and have a firearm you should have to turn it in to the barman and collect it when you leave. Tried and true.

Agreed. For myself and many of my friends, we share two hobbies: firearms and microbrews. We often get together to shoot, discuss firearms and techniques, reloading and get the opportunity to try firearms others own. We follow all the safety rules, and as soon as a top is popped all the toys are made safe and cased. It is not unusual to have a dozen or so people setting up my home range and a beer pong table on the front porch at the same time. Coolers and magazines are often loaded side by side, but never the twain shall meet.

People have been drinking with firearms for as long as they have existed, I see no problem with it.

People have been drinking with firearms for as long as they have existed, I see no problem with it.

Yea until a fat drunk batage shoots you in the ass for not laughing at his lame ass joke. Then because you got shot in the ass, you will never live it down.

Booze & Bullets, yeah, I don't see any potential for screwin' up there.

Meh.....I never seen anyone Pull a Gun in any of Tony Arcardo's places. Nor Albert Tocco's?
shrug.gif

Although.....there was a guy that tried to rob a Cops Bar. :lol:

Which they Portrayed in the Movie Code of Silence.

Yall didn't read the fine print, in Illinois your CC permit is for water pistols only. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom