• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illinois Gubernatorial Candidate, Rich Whitney's Name Misspelled

OscarB63

Farts in Elevators
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anyone actually believe that this was an "accident". The guys name being misspelled as "Rich Whitey" on ballots in predominately black precincts?

An Illinois gubernatorial candidate's name reportedly is misspelled as "Whitey" on the touch-screen voting machines in a number of wards with a majority of black voters.
The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Rich Whitney, the Green Party candidate, is contemplating legal action after election officials said there's nothing they can do about the misspelling before Election Day.

"Whitey" turned up in 23 wards. The name shows up correctly on the initial screen but not on the screen that allows voters to review their choices.
"This is a difficult situation. We'll make the best of it," a Chicago election official told the newspaper, adding that the name is spelled right "where it counts" and that most voters will use paper ballots anyway.
Whitney questioned whether "machine politics" was at work.

"I don't want to be identified as 'Whitey.' If this is happening in primarily African-American wards, that's an even bigger concern," he said.

Illinois Gubernatorial Candidate's Name Misspelled as 'Whitey' on Ballot - FoxNews.com

What is the Green Party, anyway? Is that even real?

His name could be KuKlux MkKlan for all I care. The only reason he'll lose is because he's not a Democrat.

Best misspelling ever.

:rofl:rofl

I'm totally going to vote for him just so I can tell my friends I voted for "Rich Whitey". :lol:

Dude shouldn't complain. He will probably get more votes this way.

All of the candidates are actually rich whiteys anyway, so why not vote for the original Rich Whitey. :lol:

Oh wow. I'm sure it could've been an innocent mistake, but ya never know. It's not like he would've won anyway.

Oh wow. I'm sure it could've been an innocent mistake, but ya never know. It's not like he would've won anyway.

I could see it being an honest mistake if it was on all the ballots, but apparently the "mistake" only occurred on ballots in predominately black precincts.

I could see it being an honest mistake if it was on all the ballots, but apparently the "mistake" only occurred on ballots in predominately black precincts.

...Or is that no more than a mischievous interpretation of reality? He could use the slogan "Vote for the real thing!"

Since I read this thread, I've been campaigning for Rich Whitey. I've already secured over a dozen votes for him amongst my friends. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom