• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illinois GOP Official, Resigns After Racially Charged Attack

66gardeners

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
An Illinois GOP official has resigned from his post after sending a racially charged email attacking a black female congressional candidate.

Jim Allen stepped down from his post as Mongomery County Republican Party chairman after an email he sent about former Miss America and GOP congressional candidate Erika Harold was published by Republican News Watch. Illinois Republican Party Chairman Jack Dorgan, who called the email "offensive and inappropriate," accepted Allen's resignation on Thursday.

In the email sent Tuesday to Republican News Watch editor Doug Ibendahl, Allen called Harold, who will challenge Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.) in next year's primary, a "street walker."

"Rodney Davis will win and the love child of the D.N.C. will be back in ****cago by May of 2014 working for some law firm that needs to meet their quota for minority hires," Allen wrote. "The little queen touts her abstinence and she won the crown because she got bullied in school,,,boohoo..kids are cruel, life sucks and you move on.. Now, miss queen is being used like a street walker and her pimps are the DEMOCRAT PARTY and RINO REPUBLICANS."

Jim Allen, Illinois GOP Official, Resigns After Racially Charged Attack On Erika Harold

Well he's an asshole.

Also the phase "Miss America" deserves an instant google image search.

20120423-213437-pic-774978280.jpg

Not bad at all.

Streetwalker is not racially charged, it's a slang term for prostitute.

Seems like he has a problem with abstinence as well.

I notice that he mentions nothing of her actual abilities, and decides that she is an inferior candidate merely because of her race. Her real qualifications as a candidate are apparently irrelevant when she can be judged according to her race and gender.

But but but, Republicans aren't racists. This must be an Obama trick!

I notice that he mentions nothing of her actual abilities, and decides that she is an inferior candidate merely because of her race. Her real qualifications as a candidate are apparently irrelevant when she can be judged according to her race and gender.

He doesn't attack her on race at all. Her attacks her on competence. He derides her major "accomplishment" in life - a freakin' beauty pageant (why do those still exist?). Pretty dumb email politically speaking, but what he's suggesting with it has nothing to do with race.

let's just cut through the chase.....the republicans are filled with old white males who longed for the old days where being a white male in America meant just about everything!!

They long for those days ...they are trying with all their might to hold-on to this era because it worked so well in their favor.....everything ...every institution was set up for them ...why don't we just start talking about this.

let's just cut through the chase.....the republicans are filled with old white males who longed for the old days where being a white male in America meant just about everything!!

They long for those days ...they are trying with all their might to hold-on to this era because it worked so well in their favor.....everything ...every institution was set up for them ...why don't we just start talking about this.

Are you stereotyping?

Streetwalker is not racially charged, it's a slang term for prostitute.

Seems like he has a problem with abstinence as well.

Why didn't the GOP find it necessary to label Sarah Palin ....a "street walker" ?
Wasn't she some beauty contest in the past as well?

Not only did they not see it fit to dis-respect Sarah Palin....they literally thought she was good enough to be president!!!

Tell us whats different here?

......and then you frauds run around asking why black people don't support you!!!

Last edited:
Why didn't the GOP find it necessary to label Sarah Palin ....a "street walker" ?
Wasn't she some beauty contest in the past as well?

Not only did they not see it fit to dis-respect Sarah Palin....they literally thought she was good enough to be president!!!

Tell us whats different here?

......and then you frauds run around asking why black people don't support you!!!

The GOP didn't label this woman a "street walker." One person who happens to be a GOP member did.

Also, did the individual label all pageant contestants as "street walkers" or just comment on the woman in question? I'm not saying he was appropriate to do so, but I don't see how you can rationally bring in Sarah Palin or apply this to all Republicans. How do you feel about Harry Reid's racist comments when he was glad that Obama didn't have a "negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" or raved about him being a "light skinned African American" and that these qualities would make him successful?

The GOP didn't label this woman a "street walker." One person who happens to be a GOP member did.

Also, did the individual label all pageant contestants as "street walkers" or just comment on the woman in question? I'm not saying he was appropriate to do so, but I don't see how you can rationally bring in Sarah Palin or apply this to all Republicans. How do you feel about Harry Reid's racist comments when he was glad that Obama didn't have a "negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" or raved about him being a "light skinned African American" and that these qualities would make him successful?

Dude save it...the in-bread racism beneath the southern white party...i.e. the GOP=TEA PURTY = Libertarian can't fool anybody in todays internet society!!

It's over dude ...over. An educated black person who has never been on welfare or any government assistant rightfully reject the right!!!

Dude save it...the in-bread racism beneath the southern white party...i.e. the GOP=TEA PURTY = Libertarian can't fool anybody in todays internet society!!

It's over dude ...over. An educated black person who has never been on welfare or any government assistant rightfully reject the right!!!

Um.... What? What are you arguing?

I'm 23 and a conservative.

He doesn't attack her on race at all. Her attacks her on competence. He derides her major "accomplishment" in life - a freakin' beauty pageant (why do those still exist?). Pretty dumb email politically speaking, but what he's suggesting with it has nothing to do with race.

It never ceases to amaze me when republican black folks defend overt racism in the name of politics

Back
Top Bottom