• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illinois Expands Background Checks to ALL Gun Purchases......

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn signed a gun-control measure into law on Sunday that expands background checks to cover all firearms purchases in the state, closing what he said was a loophole that exempted gun sales between private parties.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/v...Z_1_CBRE97I05I400_RTROPTP_2_VIOLENCE-GUNS.JPG

The new law also requires all gun owners to report any lost or stolen firearms to local police within 72 hours.

"Guns are a plague on too many of our communities," Quinn, a Democrat, said in a statement. "Making sure guns do not fall into the wrong hands is critical to keeping the people of Illinois safe. This commonsense law will help our law enforcement crack down on crime and make our streets safer."

The expanded background checks go into effect on January 1, 2014.

Previously in Illinois, where Democrats control the state legislature but remain sharply divided over firearms safety, only adults buying guns from a licensed firearms dealer or at a gun show in the state have been subject to background checks.

Under the new law, gun sales or transfers between private parties, including those that take place online, will have to follow the same system.....snip~

Illinois expands background checks to all gun purchases
Reuters – 4 mins 12 secs ago <<<<< more here.

Law goes into affect Jan 1st.....which should be taken into Court, if not already. Quinn isn't using his head. How does this stop guns from falling into the hands of criminals. Otherwise who else is the wrong hands? Someone should have known he was going to play with the gun control issues. Then they want the media to come out and take pictures get what he says. Yet has to take no one on with any questioning whatsoever.

I just saw this on FOX 32 just after the IND/NYG game. Another deadly weekend in Chicago.

Texas open carry march on the screen right now. They look like such bad-asses behind their guns. Both sides are full of loons and loony behaviors.

I just saw this on FOX 32 just after the IND/NYG game. Another deadly weekend in Chicago.

Texas open carry march on the screen right now. They look like such bad-asses behind their guns. Both sides are full of loons and loony behaviors.

Just another day in paradise. For those of us who live here. ;)

You don't think the gangbangers are really going to report anything stolen.....now do you? Do you think it matters to them whether people are carrying openly or concealed?
Think they will submit to any background checks?

Do you think that any of this can actually stop them from shooting someone for whatever reasons they have or use?

Quinn's a turd. Illinois needs to start flushing right now

I wish I had the answers we need to your questions. BTW, I don't think Cutler is over the fear of concussions. He's not going to lay it on the line until regular. I think a lot of these injuries are trying to not get hurt, though that Denver neck injury was bad last night.
Just another day in paradise. For those of us who live here. ;)

You don't think the gangbangers are really going to report anything stolen.....now do you? Do you think it matters to them whether people are carrying openly or concealed?
Think they will submit to any background checks?

Do you think that any of this can actually stop them from shooting someone for whatever reasons they have or use?

Kasich, Walker, Corbett, Scott, McDonnell, McCrory, Jindahl and the assclown in Michigan Snyder are also turds, just different, since they think theirs don't stink.

Quinn's a turd. Illinois needs to start flushing right now

Well you know someone is going to get this into court. The Chicago Outfit might try and veto it.....although done on a Sunday. Plus with an election running. Might get lost in the shuffle.

Back
Top Bottom