• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Illegals will get to attend college in New Mexico at tax payer expense

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
This article is riddled with inaccuracies So I took the liberty of splitting the article up and pointing out these inaccuracies.

(Here is the deceitful pro-illegals title of the article.)
"N.M. college doors open for undocumented"

Here in bold they mean illegals from some other country because they are here illegally from some other country

Here they mean illegals,"undocumented immigrants" is deceitful proillegal speak for illegals
http://www.nacacnet.org/MemberPortal/News/newsfeed/newsarticle.htm?id=I604412307
In New Mexico, the state is barred from denying education benefits based on immigration status, said Terry Babbitt, director of admissions for the University of New Mexico.

What they really mean is that they give illegals free college education.

http://www.nacacnet.org/MemberPortal/News/newsfeed/newsarticle.htm?id=I604412307
While New Mexico's state financial aid is intended for residents, Poudre High School counselor Isabel Thacker in Colorado found a way for her students to receive in-state tuition, plus scholarships to cover it.
Here she is stating that found suckers a.k.a taxpayers to pay for the education of illegals as well as some pro-illegals groups.

A full year of tuition at UNM, or 12 credit hours per semester, costs $4,570.80, said Alex Gonzalez, associate director of the scholarship office at UNM. An institutional scholarship available to undocumented students covers $5,000 of their tuition and book expenses.

This is how much each illegal is screwing tax payers and against the author of the article uses deceitful pro-illegal speak "undocumented students" for illegals
"The neat thing about the program at Poudre is that we have been able to open the door of opportunity for these students," said Thacker, a Cuban-born citizen who came to the United States when she was 9.

The part in bold means illegals,they are using deceitful pro-illegals speak to hide the fact these people are illegals.

The four students who attended UNM through the program last year all earned a grade point average of at least 3.0, she said.

The part in bold means illegals,they are using deceitful pro-illegals speak to hide the fact these people are illegals.

Students entering the program have an average GPA of 3.5, have taken advanced placement classes and been involved in extracurricular activities, Thacker said.

Nine undocumented students from Poudre High and one from Fort Collins High School will attend UNM in the fall through the program.

Which such blatant dishonesty and deception by those in the media you have to be a retard to think the media is unbiased.

Last edited:
Great news!

Thanks, jamesrage.

(You do realize that the majority of undocumented immigrants pay taxes, correct?)

WTF? Why aren't the colleges reporting these illegals instead of rewarding them? I don't understand how they can just announce that they're helping people commit crimes without any legal side effects.

What the hell is the point of having any immigration laws at all? Or hell, ANY laws at all! We wouldn't want to discriminate against criminals by punishing them, now would we?

I don't understand how they can just announce that they're helping people commit crimes without any legal side effects.

They're not helping anyone commit a crime.

What the hell is the point of having any immigration laws at all? Or hell, ANY laws at all!

Exactly.

They're not helping anyone commit a crime.
Yes, they are. They're helping them get away with a crime. They're in the country illegally, the college knows this, and allows them to enter the college. That's helping them get away with a crime. If I see someone commit a crime and invite them into my home and don't call the police to report said crime, I'm legally liable for helping them.

Exactly.[/QUOTE]

Anarchy. Yippie.

No thanks, bud.

Yes, they are. They're helping them get away with a crime. They're in the country illegally, the college knows this, and allows them to enter the college. That's helping them get away with a crime. If I see someone commit a crime and invite them into my home and don't call the police to report said crime, I'm legally liable for helping them.

Good point.

Anarchy. Yippie.

No thanks, bud.

:3oops:

Why not?

Good point.

:3oops:

Why not?

Because there are bad people in the world that need not be a part of society. Any social order must have just that - some order. Any civilization has laws and rules, a society cannot function without them. What makes a society distinct and/or special are the laws and rules they have, and the ones they don't have.

Anarchy results in chaos, a society cannot thrive in chaos.

Because there are bad people in the world that need not be a part of society. Any social order must have just that - some order. Any civilization has laws and rules, a society cannot function without them. What makes a society distinct and/or special are the laws and rules they have, and the ones they don't have.

Anarchy results in chaos, a society cannot thrive in chaos.

I wasn't being serious.

Anyways, the immigration situation isn't going to change with a fence, nor will it change if the current laws are "enforced"; there are just too many people here. What is needed is massive immigration reform, a more efficient legal immigration system, legalization of those that are already here and more liberal immigration requirements.

Saying what these people did is wrong because they broke the law is somewhat foolish; this discussion isn't about whether or not they broke the law, but whether or not the law should be how it is. During the civil rights movements many activists broke laws, such as black people sitting in white only seats.

I wasn't being serious.

Anyways, the immigration situation isn't going to change with a fence, nor will it change if the current laws are "enforced"; there are just too many people here. What is needed is massive immigration reform, a more efficient legal immigration system, legalization of those that are already here and more liberal immigration requirements.

Saying what these people did is wrong because they broke the law is somewhat foolish; this discussion isn't about whether or not they broke the law, but whether or not the law should be how it is. During the civil rights movements many activists broke laws, such as black people sitting in white only seats.

I agree with the current immigration laws and think they should be strictly enforced. Every single illegal here is a slap in the face to all the people who worked hard and paid their dues to be an active and legal part of this country. It's an insult to every citizen in this country, naturalized or otherwise. I don't think we need more liberal laws, I think we need stricter ones and to strictly enforce the ones we have with regard to immigration. And, a mass deportation. Maybe, just maybe, if they didn't get a free ride off my dime, they'd not want to fricken be here anymore.

Maybe, just maybe, if they didn't get a free ride off my dime

The majority of illegal immigrants pay taxes, and they aren't entitled to benefits in most cases, so it seems to be just the opposite.

The majority of illegal immigrants pay taxes, and they aren't entitled to benefits in most cases, so it seems to be just the opposite.

They pay income taxes? How so? With fraudulant SSNs? I'm supposed to feel good about that?

And, they DO get "benefits" from our already bogged down medical system. Illegal immigrants are a HUGE problem for many hospitals in the south. So much so that some have had to shut down. They get free medical care and free education. I consider those benefits.

They pay income taxes?

Yes.

How so? With fraudulant SSNs?

Yes.

I'm supposed to feel good about that?

No, I was just disproving your claim that they're leeching off the system. I could care less how you feel about it as long as you aren't stating incorrect assertions.

And, they DO get "benefits" from our already bogged down medical system. Illegal immigrants are a HUGE problem for many hospitals in the south. So much so that some have had to shut down. They get free medical care and free education. I consider those benefits.

How do they get free medical care? Maybe everyone should get free medical care...

And as for free education, that's why they pay taxes (unless, of course, you're talking about college, in which case any low income student can easily get scholarships).

Time to get on your phone and call every politican you can and tell them that these people are NOT 'undocumented immigrants' they are ILLEGALS that have broken our LAWS and we DO NOT want ANY kind of American workers tax's being used to fund ANYTHING for them.
I have been calling them for some time now.

---
I don't know where you got those figures from but around here in N.England they DO NOT pay any tax's and they ARE on welfare and they ARE flooding our hospitals ER rooms.
---
Ship them all back in cattle trucks if we have to.
WTF are we, Santa Clause???

---
They are ILLEGALs that have broken our laws just via the way they SNUCK into our country AND they are breaking our LAWS by NOT paying ANY tax's.
---
Ship em out move em on, rawhide!!! Ship em out move em on Rawhide!!!
---
BTW: Whats the difference if they stuck their hands into our pockets and robbed us or they rob us via welfare, tax evasion bla bla bla.

No, I was just disproving your claim that they're leeching off the system. I could care less how you feel about it as long as you aren't stating incorrect assertions.

How do they get free medical care? Maybe everyone should get free medical care...

And as for free education, that's why they pay taxes (unless, of course, you're talking about college, in which case any low income student can easily get scholarships).

You're one educator that needs educating. The illegals with false SSN pay some income taxes and would get a refund on their taxes if they were legal. In fact, most illegals make such low wages that if they were amnestied and became legal they would be in the brackets where one gets more money back than they paid in. They get free medical care at any ER and their children are allowed to go to public school free. The illegals are a DRAIN on taxpayers!

So do you really know what you are talking about?

Actually, I see this as a way to correct the scientific brain drain we have in this country.

Right now 90% of this country's research and development in the upper sciences ( chemistry ,molecular biology , physics) are being done by foreign nationals. Afterall, most Americans thumb their noses at getting advanced science degrees. My graduate chemistry labs and molecular biology lab facilities had few if any apple pie Americans. ( At one lab we had higher representation by mexicans than americans so it is not limited to the stereotypical asians like me.) The problem is, they are now returning to their countries ( Eg India, China) and bringing their know-how back with them since the conditions and pay in their respective countries are so much better now. I figure, the illegals want to be here because they definately don't want to be back home. If they get advanced chemistry or physics or other basic reasearch degrees, hell,let them get their free education. We want them here to replace the shortage of scientific literate americans and they will continue to replenish the dwindling supply of basic science researchers. Hell, I would prefer an educated illlegal over an uneducated one. They are more likely to hold jobs that provide medical insurance, etc.

Last edited:

Prove that statement. One, they are illegal, two no SS card, three no address, so if they are paying sales tax at the corner store fine. Do you propose they sit down at night in their kitchens with all the years reciepts sprawled all over the table as the figure out all their donation and home improvement write-offs on Aptil 14th each year?

Prove that statement.

"The fact that illegal immigrants pay taxes at all will come as news to many Americans. A stunning two-thirds of illegal immigrants pay Medicare, Social Security and personal income taxes."
Source

"No one knows exactly how much illegal immigrants contribute in taxes, but experts estimate it is billions of dollars."
Source

Do your own damn research

"The fact that illegal immigrants pay taxes at all will come as news to many Americans. A stunning two-thirds of illegal immigrants pay Medicare, Social Security and personal income taxes."
Source

"No one knows exactly how much illegal immigrants contribute in taxes, but experts estimate it is billions of dollars."
Source

So according to the article 8 million people are committing ID theft and fraud.

. A stunning two-thirds of illegal immigrants pay Medicare, Social Security and personal income taxes.

snip..

Since undocumented workers have only fake numbers

So according to the article 8 million people are committing ID theft and fraud.

From the CSMonitor article:

"The IRS has been quietly supporting this activity since 1996 when it created an individual taxpayer identification number designed for anyone who doesn't have a social security number."

From the CSMonitor article:

"The IRS has been quietly supporting this activity since 1996 when it created an individual taxpayer identification number designed for anyone who doesn't have a social security number."

And yet the same article stated that all illegals use fake id numbers.

Source

Source

Now, why do you suppose that is? A taxpayer shortsd the IRS by $3 and they gets a letter. Yet with millions of "tax paying" illegals the IRS is lost! Gee what is this blanket doing here? Is it to cover up something? We claim we don't know what the number of illegals is as we always read between 12 and 20 million yet somehow the stupid liberal trash in America claims 66% of this 'UNKNOWN" quantity of lawbreakers pay taxes. How stupid can anyone be? Oh, and if your an "expert" why in the **ck are you estimating?

Yes, they are. They're helping them get away with a crime. They're in the country illegally, the college knows this, and allows them to enter the college. That's helping them get away with a crime.

I didn't see it this way until you make this comparison

If I see someone commit a crime and invite them into my home and don't call the police to report said crime, I'm legally liable for helping them.

True, you would be in deep trouble and so should the colleges.

I wasn't being serious.
Anyways, the immigration situation isn't going to change with a fence, nor will it change if the current laws are "enforced"; there are just too many people here.

Yet we can educate them, give them benefits and have the IRS handle their tax reports and collect. Hmm. Too many illegals that we can't handle? Agreed. Let's get rid of them.

What is needed is massive immigration reform, a more efficient legal immigration system, legalization of those that are already here and more liberal immigration requirements.

No. Until a great number of the illegals are gone, until all the businesses are audited and put under investigation for hiring illegals and until we can sufficiently guard this Country from invaders, we should not make any kind of immigration "easier".

Individuals decide which Laws should and should not be void and nullified. Some of these Individuals will even practice their beliefs by breaking a law they think shouldn't be there. Some people have done it by sitting down, owning guns and rolling joints. Most of us here aren't "Law is Law" on every issue. But I'd say Law is Law on the issue of illegal immigration. Especially when these Law Breakers should have no right to protest or suggest Laws work otherwise while not being legally in the Country they're in. I'm perfectly okay with the illegal immigration laws, that define what illegal immigration is and the proper steps authority takes to handle illegal immigration. Until this is enforced, I'd rather hear nothing of a discussion saying how these laws should be different.

Back
Top Bottom