• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illegals registered to vote at DMV remain on voter rolls

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Millions of illegals are registered to vote in the US today, and their names cannot be removed from voting rolls as long as democrats fight to keep them there. Here is an article from cases in North Carolina:

Illegal immigrants who exploited Motor Voter to register in North Carolina still on rolls

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/3/illegal-immigrants-use-motor-voter-get-rolls-cant-/

Mr. Fullerton, who is still a citizen of Grenada, isa one of 19 North Carolinians the federal government indicted last month on charges of illegal voting. Yet even now his name remains on the state's rolls in Wake County, and local officials say there's not much then can do about it.

"At this time I've not been made aware of any formal source to remove anybody," said Gary Sims, elections board director in Wake, where five of the 19, including Mr. Fullerton, were registered. ...

Yet the indictments, which got only cursory attention nationally, do offer unprecedented insight into the contours of illegal voting in the U.S.

Can voter fraud be stopped? Not if crooked politicians and elections officials resist any effort to look into or put a stop to illegal voting.

Last edited:
Hmm... why not make it illegal for states to issue driver's licenses or photo ID's to illegal immigrants?

Millions of illegals are registered to vote in the US today, and their names cannot be removed from voting rolls as long as democrats fight to keep them there. Here is an article from cases in North Carolina:

Illegal immigrants who exploited Motor Voter to register in North Carolina still on rolls

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/3/illegal-immigrants-use-motor-voter-get-rolls-cant-/

Mr. Fullerton, who is still a citizen of Grenada, isa one of 19 North Carolinians the federal government indicted last month on charges of illegal voting. Yet even now his name remains on the state's rolls in Wake County, and local officials say there's not much then can do about it.

"At this time I've not been made aware of any formal source to remove anybody," said Gary Sims, elections board director in Wake, where five of the 19, including Mr. Fullerton, were registered. ...

Yet the indictments, which got only cursory attention nationally, do offer unprecedented insight into the contours of illegal voting in the U.S.

Can voter fraud be stopped? Not if crooked politicians and elections officials resist any effort to look into or put a stop to illegal voting.

Voter fraud has been around for a long time and has been practiced by both sides.

I would say that we should be able to fix this, but it's never going to be that easy.

Hmm... why not make it illegal for states to issue driver's licenses or photo ID's to illegal immigrants?

Because their are still counties and states that don't require proof of citizenship, in order for you to get a voter ID and when they attempt to pass such a law. It's usually blocked before it becomes any sort of standard.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/10/493405211/court-blocks-proof-of-citizenship-requirement-for-voters-in-3-states

Not to mention how opposed to tougher ID laws many politicians are these days.

Because their are still counties and states that don't require proof of citizenship, in order for you to get a voter ID and when they attempt to pass such a law. It's usually blocked before it becomes any sort of standard.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/10/493405211/court-blocks-proof-of-citizenship-requirement-for-voters-in-3-states

Not to mention how opposed to tougher ID laws many politicians are these days.

As long as folks swear that they are legally able to vote then I guess that the 'honor system' must be the best that we can do. After all, we are constantly told that voter fraud is too rare to even worry about. Of course, that also makes it OK (legal?) for illegal immigrants to work and buy guns.

I think that was fixed here in Georgia. But not sure as I haven't paid any attention to it. I know my wife who is from Thailand prior to her getting her citizenship went to renew her licence, she was asked if she wanted to register to vote. No paper work or proof of citizenship required. I was with her and told them no, but if she was by herself, she would have been duly registered.

i wondered what this was, so i clicked the NPR article. looks like the courts blocked a voter suppression technique that is actually intended to make it more difficult for US citizens to vote. good. as for undocumented migrants voting, that's horse**** propaganda aimed to stir up right wing xenophobes.

we should register people to vote at birth and only remove them from the rolls when a death certificate is issued. immigrants should be registered to vote for life when they become citizens. as for voting more than once, enjoy jail, because that's where you'll end up.

i wondered what this was, so i clicked the NPR article. looks like the courts blocked a voter suppression technique that is actually intended to make it more difficult for US citizens to vote. good. as for undocumented migrants voting, that's horse**** propaganda aimed to stir up right wing xenophobes.

we should register people to vote at birth and only remove them from the rolls when a death certificate is issued. immigrants should be registered to vote for life when they become citizens. as for voting more than once, enjoy jail, because that's where you'll end up.

In which district should these newborns be registered and what would be the procedure for when they move?

In which district should these newborns be registered and what would be the procedure for when they move?

do you think that the government doesn't know where you live? please.

my wife and i work in a city which is too far to commute to from the house that i own, which necessitated the rental of an apartment. within two months, state government was sending cards to my house in case we were renting it out while we lived at the apartment. on the cards, the "tenants" were asked if we lived here so that they could mail them back if we didn't. the goal was to remove our voting rights.

i understand that Republicans benefit from voter suppression, and that you have to tacitly defend that, as you are a Republican. however, don't pretend that i'm not intelligent enough to dissect those tactics. that would be a waste of time for both of us.

my wife and i work in a city which is too far to commute to from the house that i own, which necessitated the rental of an apartment. within two months, state government was sending cards to my house in case we were renting it out while we lived at the apartment. on the cards, the "tenants" were asked if we lived here so that they could mail them back if we didn't. the goal was to remove our voting rights.

i understand that Republicans benefit from voter suppression, and that you have to tacitly defend that, as you are a Republican. however, don't pretend that i'm not intelligent enough to dissect those tactics. that would be a waste of time for both of us.

Please don't make assumptions about what I defend, I asked you a question and then you went off on a hackish tangent above voter suppression and accusing me of being a Republican, which isn't the topic of the thread.

There are major implications and gaps in your call for newborn registration that perhaps you hadn't considered:

I registered in one state when I turned 18 which is not the state of my birth. I moved back to the state of my birth and got a drivers license. When I moved yet again to the state I registered 4 years later, my driver's license was still considered valid. The state didn't make the connection that I had moved out of state and wasn't just renewing my license.

If the "government" knows where everyone lives, why are they ineffective in finding illegal aliens? Why do they need to conduct a census, when the "government" knows where everyone lives? Both of those are questions regarding the Federal Government, it is the state government which controls voter registration and they aren't any better at linking the data. facebook does a better job of making the connections and they have a great many gaps/flaws.

If you still think these are stupid questions, then move along, because you arguing both sides of an argument without participation from me, doesn't need me to be involved.

Please don't make assumptions about what I defend, I asked you a question and then you went off on a hackish tangent above voter suppression and accusing me of being a Republican, which isn't the topic of the thread.

There are major implications and gaps in your call for newborn registration that perhaps you hadn't considered:

I registered in one state when I turned 18 which is not the state of my birth. I moved back to the state of my birth and got a drivers license. When I moved yet again to the state I registered 4 years later, my driver's license was still considered valid. The state didn't make the connection that I had moved out of state and wasn't just renewing my license.

If the "government" knows where everyone lives, why are they ineffective in finding illegal aliens? Why do they need to conduct a census, when the "government" knows where everyone lives? Both of those are questions regarding the Federal Government, it is the state government which controls voter registration and they aren't any better at linking the data. facebook does a better job of making the connections and they have a great many gaps/flaws.

If you still think these are stupid questions, then move along, because you arguing both sides of an argument without participation from me, doesn't need me to be involved.

did you vote twice? no. do you tacitly defend voter suppression techniques? yes.

the underground labor economy exists because corporate interests have more lobbying money than you do. however, your job is far more likely to be replaced by a robot / computer program than by a Honduran. hopefully this eases some of your worries, or at least directs them properly.

Did you change up your registration to reflect the apt or did you leave it as the house? I am assuming that the two residences were in two separate voting districts?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

did you vote twice? no. do you tacitly defend voter suppression techniques? yes.

the underground labor economy exists because corporate interests have more lobbying money than you do. however, your job is far more likely to be replaced by a robot / computer program than by a Honduran. hopefully this eases some of your worries, or at least directs them properly.
Please cite what suppression techniques he defended.

Did you change up your registration to reflect the apt or did you leave it as the house? I am assuming that the two residences were in two separate voting districts?

my house was our primary residence until last year. when we moved out of the apartment to our new place, i re-registered. my point is that the government knew that we were renting an apartment and actively tried to invalidate our voting registrations. the government knows where you live, and if you try to vote twice, enjoy a massive legal hassle.

Please cite what suppression techniques he defended.

ah, so you are also tacitly defending voter suppression. good to know. helps me to allocate my time properly.

There you go arguing against a point I never made, or even implied. I'm sorry that you don't handle questions well, I'll definitely avoid asking such hard ones of you in the future.

Did I ask you about your idea for newborn registration? yes
Did you come up with an idea that you hadn't though through? yes (not the end of the world, I was intrigued with the idea and was curious how far you had thought it through).
Do you know the difference between the state and federal government? unclear, you never indicated which in your post.
Why didn't you just move along?

There you go arguing against a point I never made, or even implied. I'm sorry that you don't handle questions well, I'll definitely avoid asking such hard ones of you in the future.

Did I ask you about your idea for newborn registration? yes
Did you come up with an idea that you hadn't though through? yes (not the end of the world, I was intrigued with the idea and was curious how far you had thought it through).
Do you know the difference between the state and federal government? unclear, you never indicated which in your post.
Why didn't you just move along?

i answered your questions. if you would like to stop wasting my time, that sounds great.

my house was our primary residence until last year. when we moved out of the apartment to our new place, i re-registered. my point is that the government knew that we were renting an apartment and actively tried to invalidate our voting registrations. the government knows where you live, and if you try to vote twice, enjoy a massive legal hassle.
So you are calling vote suppression because the government took steps to ensure you were not voting in two districts?

ah, so you are also tacitly defending voter suppression. good to know. helps me to allocate my time properly.
You failed to answer the question. I am trying to understand what you are claiming is voter suppression. So once again, cite what suppression technique he is defending.

Millions of illegals are registered to vote in the US today, ....
Only Trump and (a portion of) his followers believe this ^^ unproven nonsense.

i answered your questions. if you would like to stop wasting my time, that sounds great.

Here is my question that remains unanswered from post #8:

It was your idea, at least make a little effort to defend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did not answer a single question of how, if the government knows where you live, why they need to.have you register for.anyhing or why, for that matter (me adding the question) police can't easily find people. Not did you answer the question of the difference between state and federal. All you have offered up are strawman and ad hoc fallacies.

Hell, San Francisco even allows illegals to vote in local races.

That's just plain ridiculous. Voters can only legally vote in their local and people move around all the time. You can't let a person from one state vote in a different state clear across the country unless they register to vote in their new location. You're saying that as long as they are born and not died that they should remain registered everywhere forever. If you have to re-register every time you move, then it would be kind of useless to just register everyone at birth.

Back
Top Bottom