• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illegals registered to vote at DMV remain on voter rolls

You failed to answer the question. I am trying to understand what you are claiming is voter suppression. So once again, cite what suppression technique he is defending.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

the same one that you are : the Republican party. enjoy that, and i'll enjoy voting against you for the rest of my life.

Here is my question that remains unanswered from post #8:

In which district should these newborns be registered and what would be the procedure for when they move?

It was your idea, at least make a little effort to defend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

already addressed.

That's just plain ridiculous. Voters can only legally vote in their local and people move around all the time. You can't let a person from one state vote in a different state clear across the country unless they register to vote in their new location. You're saying that as long as they are born and not died that they should remain registered everywhere forever. If you have to re-register every time you move, then it would be kind of useless to just register everyone at birth.

i don't agree. everyone should be registered to vote at birth, and only removed from the rolls when a death certificate is issued. tracking where someone lives is easy, as i have illustrated with my own case. people trying to vote in two places is exceptionally rare, and generally involves getting caught. if you don't believe me, feel free to give it a shot, but don't claim that you weren't warned when it bites you in the ass.

Millions of illegals are registered to vote in the US today, and their names cannot be removed from voting rolls as long as democrats fight to keep them there. Here is an article from cases in North Carolina:

Illegal immigrants who exploited Motor Voter to register in North Carolina still on rolls

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/3/illegal-immigrants-use-motor-voter-get-rolls-cant-/

Mr. Fullerton, who is still a citizen of Grenada, isa one of 19 North Carolinians the federal government indicted last month on charges of illegal voting. Yet even now his name remains on the state's rolls in Wake County, and local officials say there's not much then can do about it.

"At this time I've not been made aware of any formal source to remove anybody," said Gary Sims, elections board director in Wake, where five of the 19, including Mr. Fullerton, were registered. ...

Yet the indictments, which got only cursory attention nationally, do offer unprecedented insight into the contours of illegal voting in the U.S.

Can voter fraud be stopped? Not if crooked politicians and elections officials resist any effort to look into or put a stop to illegal voting.

Quite the leap. NC apparently at some point prosecuted 19 people for being non-citizens and voting, which is evidence of MILLIONS!!!

And of course the story recommends that because at some point 19 non-citizens cast at least one vote, to make it much harder to register by ending registration at DMVs.

the same one that you are : the Republican party. enjoy that, and i'll enjoy voting against you for the rest of my life.
Given that I am not Republican, and have voted Republican, Democrat, Green and Libertarian throughout the years, you are obviously clueless and biased. That all aside, the GOP is not a technique but a party. So not let's try it again without the ad hoc, strawman and red herring. What technique is being touted?

i don't agree. everyone should be registered to vote at birth, and only removed from the rolls when a death certificate is issued. tracking where someone lives is easy, as i have illustrated with my own case. people trying to vote in two places is exceptionally rare, and generally involves getting caught. if you don't believe me, feel free to give it a shot, but don't claim that you weren't warned when it bites you in the ass.

Well, the truth is, I have a much better chance of successfully voting in two different states than you do of having everyone registered to vote at birth. That just ain't gonna happin.

Millions of illegals are registered to vote in the US today, and their names cannot be removed from voting rolls as long as democrats fight to keep them there. Here is an article from cases in North Carolina:

Illegal immigrants who exploited Motor Voter to register in North Carolina still on rolls

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/3/illegal-immigrants-use-motor-voter-get-rolls-cant-/

Mr. Fullerton, who is still a citizen of Grenada, isa one of 19 North Carolinians the federal government indicted last month on charges of illegal voting. Yet even now his name remains on the state's rolls in Wake County, and local officials say there's not much then can do about it.

"At this time I've not been made aware of any formal source to remove anybody," said Gary Sims, elections board director in Wake, where five of the 19, including Mr. Fullerton, were registered. ...

Yet the indictments, which got only cursory attention nationally, do offer unprecedented insight into the contours of illegal voting in the U.S.

Can voter fraud be stopped? Not if crooked politicians and elections officials resist any effort to look into or put a stop to illegal voting.

Millions and millions. You sound like the Carl Sagan of BS.

Given that I am not Republican, and have voted Republican, Democrat, Green and Libertarian throughout the years, you are obviously clueless and biased. That all aside, the GOP is not a technique but a party. So not let's try it again without the ad hoc, strawman and red herring. What technique is being touted?

ah, ok. can you also read an OP and my initial response to it?

already addressed.
I won't bother to ask what it is again. Just cite the post number. Because you have not made any indication of what happens when a person moves.

Well, the truth is, I have a much better chance of successfully voting in two different states than you do of having everyone registered to vote at birth. That just ain't gonna happin.

how do you know? have you attempted it?

it's odd that close to one hundred percent of people born here are successfully enrolled in Social Security and Medicare at birth. perhaps those in charge of voting registration can contact those agencies to get some tips!

So you are saying that when I am born (making an example) then I am registered to vote on each and every district across the country? So then how do you stop a person from voting only once but in a different district from where he lives.

And you still have not actually address how the government knows where you live. In fact, your example illustrates the complete opposite. If they knew where you were living then there would have been no need for the letters to ensure you were not still register at the old address. And you still have not addressed how ensuring that you are trying to register in two districts is suppressing your vote.

I won't bother to ask what it is again. Just cite the post number. Because you have not made any indication of what happens when a person moves.

I’m baffled why this person won’t address the point and a direct and honest manner. When one’s best argument is a strawman, it is probably time to step away from the keyboard for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's odd that close to one hundred percent of people born here are successfully enrolled in Social Security and Medicare at birth. perhaps those in charge of voting registration can contact those agencies to get some tips!
Those agencies don't track a person's location. You have to update that information, either yourself, or through other agents, such as when you update your tax records, or from an employer filing your current address for paying SS/Medicare.

As I said, the chance of us being registered to vote at birth is merely a fantasy in your head. By the way, I'm not enrolled in SS or Medicare. I'm getting close to retirement age now, but they're not going to give me anything until I "enroll" first.

So you are saying that when I am born (making an example) then I am registered to vote on each and every district across the country? So then how do you stop a person from voting only once but in a different district from where he lives.

i'm saying that the government knows where you live. there is no reason to remove you from the rolls until you die. if you try to vote twice, you will be caught and imprisoned.

And you still have not actually address how the government knows where you live. In fact, your example illustrates the complete opposite. If they knew where you were living then there would have been no need for the letters to ensure you were not still register at the old address. And you still have not addressed how ensuring that you are trying to register in two districts is suppressing your vote.

Republicans (and "not quite Republicans") support voter purges.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/...ourt-upholds-ohios-purge-of-voting-rolls.html

As I said, the chance of us being registered to vote at birth is merely a fantasy in your head. By the way, I'm not enrolled in SS or Medicare. I'm getting close to retirement age now, but they're not going to give me anything until I "enroll" first.

that's odd. how have you managed to work in the states for your entire career without a Social Security number? payroll taxes have not been withheld from your salary?

i'm saying that the government knows where you live. there is no reason to remove you from the rolls until you die. if you try to vote twice, you will be caught and imprisoned.

Republicans (and "not quite Republicans") support voter purges.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/...ourt-upholds-ohios-purge-of-voting-rolls.html

No one gets purged unless they haven't voted in many, many elections. If they haven't voted in that many elections then they aren't going to vote anyway, for whatever reason. I know many people who have no intention of ever voting because they believe that both parties are just different sides of the same corrupt coin and voting for someone else is just a waste of time and space.

No one gets purged unless they haven't voted in many, many elections. If they haven't voted in that many elections then they aren't going to vote anyway, for whatever reason. I know many people who have no intention of ever voting because they believe that both parties are just different sides of the same corrupt coin and voting for someone else is just a waste of time and space.

why should not voting result in a purge? not liking the candidates who are running doesn't mean that you aren't a citizen. do you support removing US citizens from the rolls? i don't.

You are still avoiding the questions asked.

i'm saying that the government knows where you live.

The government only knows this if you update that information. As I pointed out if they knew where you were, they would not have needed to send out the letter to make sure you weren't still claiming the old address.

if you try to vote twice, you will be caught and imprisoned.

Which doesn't answer the question of a person voting only once in a district they do not reside.

Yes, you keep saying this without showing any techniques by which they do this. How were they trying to suppress your vote when you were in the apt?

You are still avoiding the questions asked.

The government only knows this if you update that information. As I pointed out if they knew where you were, they would not have needed to send out the letter to make sure you weren't still claiming the old address.

Which doesn't answer the question of a person voting only once in a district they do not reside.

Yes, you keep saying this without showing any techniques by which they do this. How were they trying to suppress your vote when you were in the apt?

i didn't avoid any of your deflections. the government knew about our secondary residence apartment within a month or so of us renting it. my guess is that if we didn't use Republican voter suppression techniques, people still wouldn't be voting twice.

so, what did you think of Trump's claim that people were changing shirts and voting multiple times?

that's odd. how have you managed to work in the states for your entire career without a Social Security number? payroll taxes have not been withheld from your salary?

I am not enrolled in SS or Medicare. I receive no benefits and will not unless I ENROLL.

Quite the leap. NC apparently at some point prosecuted 19 people for being non-citizens and voting, which is evidence of MILLIONS!!!

And of course the story recommends that because at some point 19 non-citizens cast at least one vote, to make it much harder to register by ending registration at DMVs.

Yes, tighter controls over elections and voting are the only way to make our elections process safer from fraud.

Millions and millions. You sound like the Carl Sagan of BS.

After he died it was said Sagan's ashes were blasted into outer space to be rejoined with his old thoughts, assumptions, speculations and assorted delusions.

Back
Top Bottom