• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

illegals feel "uncomfortable" in Tucson AZ

So I've broken laws before, should I suffer for it? Hell who hasn't broken the law at least once.

Are you continually breaking the law? Are you robbing the country you live in? Are you screwing over the legitimate residents of the country you live in?

it still doesn't mean that they should be made to feel uncomfortable or suffer.

We suffer by them being here. Obey the law and come to America legally. Maybe the comfort level will increase.

Most of them come here illegally because they aren't comfortable (or safe, economically fit, etc.) in their home country of Mexico and the system to immigrate legally is a ****ing joke. But you don't care do you? No for you a family in desperate need of a better life should suffer for breaking one measly law.

We have more legal immigrations from Mexico and Central America than we have from any other country on the planet. Stealing the identities of citizens and legal residents isn't breaking "one measly law." It's breaking a whole slew of laws, including identity theft, non-payment of income taxes, theft of taxpayer welfare support, and federal immigration laws.

So I've broken laws before, should I suffer for it? Hell who hasn't broken the law at least once.

I haven't, unless you count the speeding ticket I got 50 years ago. Nice to know that you only obey laws you agree with. Most of us aren't so selective.

Again, whole reason for immigrating illegally is because their previous life in Mexico was uncomfortable.

Tough. More than a hundred thousand Mexican and Central American immigrants come here legally every year. Those that can't be bothered coming here legally can damned well be "uncomfortable" until they are located and deported... and the employers who knowingly hire and exploit them should be fined into bankruptcy.

Most of them come here illegally because they aren't comfortable (or safe, economically fit, etc.) in their home country of Mexico and the system to immigrate legally is a ****ing joke.

Considering the fact we legally let in more people then any other country our immigration policy is not strict.
But you don't care do you? No for you a family in desperate need of a better life should suffer for breaking one measly law.

Their country can't be that ****ty if most of the people there have stayed.

:lol: Yeah, let's rework the sytem so that no-one who breaks the law should feel uncomfortable. Fluffy blankets and pony rides for all prison inmates. :roll:

This problem has been ignored by both political parties for far to long.

No, it hasn't been ignored.

Both parties have come to the belief that they'd be better off if they diluted the electorate with pliable immigrants beholden to them for favors and if they curried favor amongst monied employers by looking the other way as the nation's sovereignity is violated.

Under no circumstance can the invasion of a nation such as ours occur on such a vast scale without deliberate acceptance by all major players.

The general consensus of posters in this thread is disgusting beyong belief, how the **** can some of you actually condone the suffering and uncomfotableness of others?

Easy.

They're criminals.

I guess all those brought here as children and those escaping the violence of Drug cartels should suffer as well

Doesn't matter. The United States doesn't have the word "lifeboat" embossed on it's back door.

Seriously, some of you want them to suffer? Illegal immigrants are still human beings, they shouldn't be subject to suffereing that makes life miserable for them because they broke your oh so sacred laws.

Why not? Mayor Snorkum didn't invite them here. Mayor Snorkum wants them to go home. The more uncomfortable they are, the better.

Most of them come here illegally because they aren't comfortable (or safe, economically fit, etc.) in their home country of Mexico and the system to immigrate legally is a ****ing joke. But you don't care do you?

In a word: no.

Americans have their own families to take care of, they don't need uninvited foreigners who have no respect for our laws cluttering up the landscape, taking jobs, consuming resources, and dragging the country down to their level. Americans need a government that serves their interests, not the interests of invaders from Mexico.

No for you a family in desperate need of a better life should suffer for breaking one measly law.

You mean, a family who broke into this country illegally should be respected, even though their presence here makes it that much harder for an American family struggling to survive?

No, because America has it's own poor people we have all the reason we need to send the rest of Mexico's criminal class back home.

When you're caught, you pay the price.

If you confess what you've done we can arrange it so you'll no longer be feeling this deep seated guilt you're expressing.

Again, whole reason for immigrating illegally is because their previous life in Mexico was uncomfortable.

So? No one cares about their reasons, we want them to take their reasons and go home.

Originally posted by spud_meister
Yeah, let's rework the sytem so that no-one who breaks the law should feel uncomfortable. Fluffy blankets and pony rides for all prison inmates.

So people should have to go through hellish standards of living in prison or for lawbreaking? Violence and raping in prisons are ok then?

Originally posted by Mayor Snorkum
Easy.

They're criminals.

Still not a valid reason for their suffering.

Doesn't matter. The United States doesn't have the word "lifeboat" embossed on it's back door.

I'm fairly certain that the Statue of Liberty has a quote that basically does.

Why not? Mayor Snorkum didn't invite them here. Mayor Snorkum wants them to go home. The more uncomfortable they are, the better.

So the poor Mexican father who brought his family here to escape the violence of drug cartels should suffer for his noble actions? The Mexican mother who works hard to maintain the family should suffer? The kids brought here should suffer as well? What about those who were eligible for the DREAM act, should they suffer?

cluttering up the landscape, taking jobs, consuming resources,

YOu mean what normal Americans do every day?

You mean, a family who broke into this country illegally should be respected, even though their presence here makes it that much harder for an American family struggling to survive?

No, because America has it's own poor people we have all the reason we need to send the rest of Mexico's criminal class back home.

Well I have sympathy and compassion for all poor people, illegal immigrant or not. And I look past minor social differences such as race or legal status and simply see a person in need, not one who should be made to suffer more.

When you're caught, you pay the price.

If you confess what you've done we can arrange it so you'll no longer be feeling this deep seated guilt you're expressing.

What guilt? I done anything too serious (aside from justified assult) and I have no regrets for what I have done. I have my own set of standards and follow no one else rules.

So? No one cares about their reasons, we want them to take their reasons and go home.

ANd maybe the world would be a better place if people like you did care.

Originally posted by Jamesrage
Their country can't be that ****ty if most of the people there have stayed.

The violence there is so bad that most have become numb to it. Those that have the oppertunity though will try to escape their violent world, but I think what deters most of them is the fact that they know Americans are intolerant law-loving ass-holes who refuse to give a helping hand to them.

The violence there is so bad that most have become numb to it. Those that have the oppertunity though will try to escape their violent world, but I think what deters most of them is the fact that they know Americans are intolerant law-loving ass-holes who refuse to give a helping hand to them.

Who made it our responsibility to help them? They can sort out their own country. We've got Americans that need help.

suffer, no. Feel uncomfortable, ****ing right it does.

If someone is here illegally, I want them so ****ing uncomfortable they leave, so someone who followed the rules can come in their place.

:lol: Yeah, let's rework the sytem so that no-one who breaks the law should feel uncomfortable. Fluffy blankets and pony rides for all prison inmates. :roll:

Pfft. I break the law all the time.
I break the speed limit, I smoke pot.
Not at the same time, so I don't get caught.

Easy.

They're criminals.

Has mayor snorkum ever broke the law?
Why is mayor snorkum such a statist when it comes to controlling mexicans?

Most of them come here illegally because they aren't comfortable (or safe, economically fit, etc.) in their home country of Mexico and the system to immigrate legally is a ****ing joke. But you don't care do you? No for you a family in desperate need of a better life should suffer for breaking one measly law.

One measly law huh? BS. Every illegal alien that works in the US is breaking a law. And I'm not talking about the crossing the border illegally law.

In order to work in the US illegals have to do one of three things...all of which is a felony conviction if a prosecutor decides to press the charges.

Tax evasion. The ones that do this the most are those that work under the table. By not reporting earnings they are evading in paying federal taxes. Which is a felony.

Any person who willfully attempts in any manner to evade or
defeat any tax imposed by this title or the payment thereof shall,
in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a
felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than
$100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not
more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

26 USC CHAPTER 75 - CRIMES, OTHER OFFENSES, AND FORFEITURES

Identity theft used to commit fraud. The ones that this applies to are the ones that steal or use stolen social security numbers in order to obtain jobs that they normally couldn't due to thier illegal status.

Identity fraud via fake SS number. Pretty much the same as Identity theft only using fake SS numbers instead of stolen.

Umm...yeah. Isn't that the point of punishments? To make the person suffer for doing something wrong? Please tell me you are not one of those people that just "talk" to your children when they play with guns despite you having had already talked to them about it before....?

So? Maybe they should make it more comfortable for themselves then? My...what a novel idea....

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

The New Colossus ~ Emma Lazarus (1849-1887)

It was written at the time when the US had no illegal immigration laws. IE it was written for LEGAL immigrants. It was also written to all that was coming from Europe to the US. Which is why it is in New York and not on the US/Mexican border.

The general consensus of posters in this thread is disgusting beyong belief, how the **** can some of you actually condone the suffering and uncomfotableness of others?

people should feel uncomfortable when engaging in illegal behavior.

they shouldn't be subject to suffereing that makes life miserable for them because they broke your oh so sacred laws

actually yes they should. that is, after all, the entire point of having laws.

So people should have to go through hellish standards of living in prison or for lawbreaking? Violence and raping in prisons are ok then?
:lol: Yep, I'm advocating brutality because I don't think that criminals should be forgiven simply becase they have a crappy background:roll:. Do you think a person who steals should get off free if they come from an impoverished background?

Do you think the illegals that smuggle drugs, join gangs, commit murder and other crimes should be treated better than American offenders?

Problem is, illegal immigrants are avoiding the golden door and jumping over the fence.

Do these guys look comfortable? Let's help our own.

americanPoverty1.jpg

As the article stated, "Now for a reality check…If illegal aliens in Tucson or any other city are unhappy about the treatment they feel they receive from police officers or from any other U.S. citizen—they can simply leave.

That's the way I've always thought about it. If they aren't happy and distrust the situation, then by all means, leave. Let their country foot the bill for them rather than ours.

We should make them feel comfortable as they steal our social security and green card numbers to work here illegally for less than citizens or legal immigrants, therefore be subject to exploitation because they will not complain? They should feel comfortable getting free medical care, free education, paying no income taxes? Sorry, they are here illegally. That means they have no right to be here. If they are caught in Mexico illegally, they will be thrown in prison. We just send them back home, where hopefully they will be more "comfortable."

I have often wondered why is so difficult to understand what illegally means? I bet if their homes were being invaded by illegals they'd darn sure figure it out fast as to what the meaning is....Duh...........I didn't realize it was brain surgery we were talking about.......:doh

Do these guys look comfortable? Let's help our own.

americanPoverty1.jpg

In order to help our own, we first have to admit to the world that we have a problem. And our gov't isn't going to do that. That would be admitting we aren't so darn smart as we think we are. Our gov't is into butt scratching other countries and getting kickbacks or giving them to said countries. It isn't into recognizing our problem of homelessness and then actually doing something about it, and/or all the starving children right here in America. Denial is a good motto for it.

Ya know I want to help out our poor too, as well as the poor people of every other country, I don't discriminate.

But most of you are just whiny, selfish, dogmatic ass-hats how care amore about your laws than you do other people. Hell, it's not like they broke an offensive law or anything, it's sneaking in somewhere to get a better life, it's not like their murdering the innocent. Hell, the fact that they break the laws of "the almighty U.S." just to give thier children a better future is pretty ballsy if ya ask me, which is deserving of some amount of respect.

Ya know I want to help out our poor too, as well as the poor people of every other country, I don't discriminate.

But most of you are just whiny, selfish, dogmatic ass-hats how care amore about your laws than you do other people. Hell, it's not like they broke an offensive law or anything, it's sneaking in somewhere to get a better life, it's not like their murdering the innocent. Hell, the fact that they break the laws of "the almighty U.S." just to give thier children a better future is pretty ballsy if ya ask me, which is deserving of some amount of respect.

And by doing so they compete for resources with the legitimate citizens of this country. I want to help everyone too, and they can come here legally and abide by our laws, and pay our taxes.

Unless you want to be called a bleeding-heart liberal asshat, keep the name calling to yourself, oh enlightened one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom