• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Illegal forced sterilization of prison inmates in california

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Some women were forced to have their tubes tied, out in California in prison..

somebody asked me, when will we get out of the dark ages ?

So my response is this..

when will America get out of the dark ages ?

soon as we stop reasoning with bigots, and law down the law.

Join the Latin union, make French, Spanish and Portuguese national languages, along with English

Pay Latinos to come here and move to America and invest heavily in their abilities to contribute to a modern society that competes with Europe, and make them feel like they're worth something so that they can quit protesting and finally have their rights.

Give gays the right to marry

Arrest and Imprison anyone who illegally sterilizes people without their WRITTEN CONSENT.

Shut down businesses that discriminate.

Forcefully end the debates about homosexuality, a woman's right to have a PRE-BIRTH abortion, and the non-existent role of superstitions in our government.

and have a national healthcare system, and completely open our borders

when we do that, we can get out of the dark ages.

:)

So my response is this..

Join the Latin union, make French, Spanish and Portuguese national languages, along with English

Pay Latinos to come here and move to America and invest heavily in their abilities to contribute to a modern society that competes with Europe, and make them feel like they're worth something so that they can quit protesting and finally have their rights.

Arrest and Imprison anyone who illegally sterilizes people without their WRITTEN CONSENT.

Forcefully end the debates about homosexuality, a woman's right to have a PRE-BIRTH abortion, and the non-existent role of superstitions in our government.

My, how aggressive!

So my response is this..

Oh - no one gave a flying flip about illegal sterilization until that story broke :roll:

So my response is this..

Very good job of baiting and trolling!:mrgreen:

Well done... and your very first post, too! The words sock, POE, and banned come to mind...

I'm not clear what the topic of this thread is.

I'm not clear what the topic of this thread is.

It's a bit of wild, meandering rant, but...

So I think he's saying he wants to shoot people who debate the existence of homosexuals, Global warming and whether or not there's any kind of abortion except ones that are done before birth.

So my response is this..

The way to enlightenment is through tyranny?

So my response is this..

Where did you hear about forced sterilization in the US? Can you give us a source please?

Terrible if true. Since Jerry Brown is the governor,I propose charging him with violating civil liberties.

So my response is this..

I thought the same thing on reading the headlines.

Female Inmates Sterilized in California Prisons Without Approval

However, it turns out the missing approval was the state's, not the women's:

Doctors under contract with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation sterilized nearly 150 female inmates from 2006 to 2010 without required state approvals, The Center for Investigative Reporting has found.

At least 148 women received tubal ligations in violation of prison rules during those five years – and there are perhaps 100 more dating back to the late 1990s, according to state documents and interviews.

link

headlines can be misleading.

If the government is providing support, seems logical to believe that eventually they are going to want a say in your life. Isn't that one of those aspects of participating in a civilized society that people keep talking about?

Back
Top Bottom