• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'll say it again... Chris Christie for president!

He just missed out on a 400 million dollar grant for the state due to some kind of clerical error. Hope this doesn't hurt him.
Sorry I can't post links but you can find it easy enough in google.

Hmmm...that link worked

Anyway, I love Christie and really think he could win in 2012

He just missed out on a 400 million dollar grant for the state due to some kind of clerical error. Hope this doesn't hurt him.
Sorry I can't post links but you can find it easy enough in google.

That's what he talked about in the video I linked to.

This man has qualities that no other politicians in Washington possess... Common sense, honesty, integrity and a backbone.

See if you don't agree.

YouTube - Christie - Race to the Top

He could get away with calling people stupid and idiots as Gov, but if he runs for Pres he will have to clean up his act.

This man has qualities that no other politicians in Washington possess... Common sense, honesty, integrity and a backbone.

See if you don't agree.

Oh Joy.... another Small Federal Government advocate who have his hands out and begging for Federal money...give me...give me give me....

That is what truly disgusts me about conservatives and Republicans. They have no problem taking money from Federal Government but God forbid if they have to help pay or if that money goes to help to some other people or fund some other social safety net...Then all of a sudden...NO!!! WE can't afford to spend the money!

Every Single one of them is like that...from Jindal to Perry, to Walker, they are all like that...hypocrisy is an epic proportions!

Diving Mullah

See if you don't agree.

Christie on top with Rubio or Nikki Haley (I love the SC Gov), #2 on ticket for balance.
Both are minorities, Rubio, Hispanic; Haley, a woman And daughter India immigrant parents.

EDIT for pix
1jhwsv.AuSt.74.jpg

and
nikki-haley-white2.jpg

Last edited:
Heres the problem with Christie.....he is trying to run as the Most Moderate or Centrist Republican. Where the problem comes in is with the Conservatives. Which All the way back to 64 with Goldwater and the primaries has shown they will go with the Most Conservative.

So I doubt he will win the Primary or be the GOP Nominee. Only one other has made the Presidency.....being the Most of anything. Which that would be Reagan.

Which Christie is no Reagan and does not hold that Star Appeal.

CC on top of Haley, I'd pay to see that. Haley and Jindahl are secretly despised by the evangelicals for who they are. In fact. the gelicals hate Mormon, Jews, Catholics and most others I can think of. I agree they did not vote last election. CC/NOOT 2016
Christie on top with Rubio or Nikki Haley (I love the SC Gov), #2 on ticket for balance.
Both are minorities, Rubio, Hispanic; Haley, a woman And daughter India immigrant parents.

You will need to look at the 50 different primaries and caucuses, still set up to help a CC/elite more than a Paul/loon. Which state has an open primary? Which primary is all-or-nothing versus proportional, with all of the little built-in rules? Who has the best ground game? (CC)
Heres the problem with Christie.....he is trying to run as the Most Moderate or Centrist Republican. Where the problem comes in is with the Conservatives. Which All the way back to 64 with Goldwater and the primaries has shown they will go with the Most Conservative.

So I doubt he will win the Primary or be the GOP Nominee. Only one other has made the Presidency.....being the Most of anything. Which that would be Reagan.

Which Christie is no Reagan and does not hold that Star Appeal.

Last edited:
You will need to look at the 50 different primaries and caucuses, still set up to help a CC/elite more than a Paul/loon. Which state has an open primary? Which primary is all-or-nothing versus proportional, with all of the little built-in rules? Who has the best ground game? (CC)

Nah, the conservatives will throw someone like Santorum out there to go tear up Christie. Which then Christie will get caught up with his Moderism whatever that may be.

Never cared for the term Moderate.....as what makes them any different than a libertarian in some form or fashion.

Who has the best ground game by area? Why the Southern Conservatives......as they will screw over any other Republican going thru there with Christian ideology outside of theirs.

Christie could beat Hillary...but he will have problem getting nominated on the right. The right wing want a candidate who with the following resume:

1) 100% anti abortion for any reason
2) 100 % against all social program and plan to cut it
3) 100% for increased military funding
4) A candidate who will:
- publicly state blacks should be stop and frisked at will because they are always suspect
- blacks have less than average IQ
- there are no white racism ....it's all been cured
- only blacks are capable of racism
5) A candidate who will seek out some intractable for to get involved with
6) A candidate who'll step out of the way and let the Banks and Wall ST have their way
7) An agenda to reverse all recent pro-Gay policies

This ...is the right wing litmus test.
And I have begun to like their demands ....because it only increases Hillary's chances

Southern cons are stuck with who they get. The southern con Ohioans didn't vote. We thank them.

You don't like moderate IL Repubs like Lincoln, Dirksen, Ogilvie, Percy, Edgar and Obama?

I see Limbaugh-moderators going after CC and I can't wait for his response. Go Bears.
Nah, the conservatives will throw someone like Santorum out there to go tear up Christie. Which then Christie will get caught up with his Moderism whatever that may be.

Never cared for the term Moderate.....as what makes them any different than a libertarian in some form or fashion.

Who has the best ground game by area? Why the Southern Conservatives......as they will screw over any other Republican going thru there with Christian ideology outside of theirs.

Southern cons are stuck with who they get. The southern con Ohioans didn't vote. We thank them.

You don't like moderate IL Repubs like Lincoln, Dirksen, Ogilvie, Percy, Edgar and Obama?

I see Limbaugh-moderators going after CC and I can't wait for his response. Go Bears.

You got one Right there.....Edgar.

Obama isn't a Moderate Republican.

EDIT for pix
View attachment 67152331

and
View attachment 67152330

Nicki is a Sikh.....isn't she? I like her appeal.....but I don't really know where she stand policy wise.

Another Republican Woman would be Susana Martinez. Governor of New Mexico.

susana-martinez.jpg

You got one Right there.....Edgar.

Obama isn't a Moderate Republican.
How do you explain Obama accepting or initiating so many moderate Repub positions? Rahm is even worse on your Chicago public unions but is on the wrong side of CC. Speaking of CC, he is certainly being vetted right now.

Nicki is a Sikh.....isn't she? I like her appeal.....but I don't really know where she stand policy wise.

Another Republican Woman would be Susana Martinez. Governor of New Mexico.

susana-martinez.jpg

Two minorities, Christie and a woman/Hispanic, could win but southern/Midwest cons still have to vote. CC needs a conservative balance. I know NEWT has baggage but he knows how the place works.

How do you explain Obama accepting or initiating so many moderate Repub positions? Rahm is even worse on your Chicago public unions but is on the wrong side of CC. Speaking of CC, he is certainly being vetted right now.

Like you say Initiates.....but then backs off from those positions and or flips on them. Typical Democratic Strategy to pull Independents that lean Right. Grab up those that tote the line. Such as a Hagle, LaHood, Salazar.

One doesn't prove acceptance with speeches that consistently blames Republicans while using the word Republicans.

But MMC. How do we run Gov't without any bills. Got transportation? Any Farming? Any clue at all on Immigration? And to think we're stuck with these assclown Repubs in the House until 2023. They make NEWT look like a moderate and a gentleman. S. Martinez is a true Dem.
Like you say Initiates.....but then backs off from those positions and or flips on them. Typical Democratic Strategy to pull Independents that lean Right. Grab up those that tote the line. Such as a Hagle, LaHood, Salazar.

One doesn't prove acceptance with speeches that consistently blames Republicans while using the word Republicans.

Back
Top Bottom