• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'll say it again... Chris Christie for president!

But MMC. How do we run Gov't without any bills. Got transportation? Any Farming? Any clue at all on Immigration? And to think we're stuck with these assclown Repubs in the House until 2023. They make NEWT look like a moderate and a gentleman. S. Martinez is a true Dem.

I don't have all those answers.....but one thing is for certain a people without a Country. Are a people without any Rights.

Yeah Martinez use to be a Democrat.....kind like Reagan. But then one day the Light came on and the Elevator rose to the top. :2razz:

He is none of those things.

Boo terible choice he has less back bone than a mcrib.

He could get away with calling people stupid and idiots as Gov, but if he runs for Pres he will have to clean up his act.

Oh Joy.... another Small Federal Government advocate who have his hands out and begging for Federal money...give me...give me give me....

That is what truly disgusts me about conservatives and Republicans. They have no problem taking money from Federal Government but God forbid if they have to help pay or if that money goes to help to some other people or fund some other social safety net...Then all of a sudden...NO!!! WE can't afford to spend the money!

Every Single one of them is like that...from Jindal to Perry, to Walker, they are all like that...hypocrisy is an epic proportions!

Diving Mullah

Christie on top with Rubio or Nikki Haley (I love the SC Gov), #2 on ticket for balance.
Both are minorities, Rubio, Hispanic; Haley, a woman And daughter India immigrant parents.

Please Take Note:

I posted those opinions on August 25, 2010, nearly 3 years ago.

You must have really been board Joko, to go back 3 years to find something of mine to comment on.

This man has qualities that no other politicians in Washington possess... Common sense, honesty, integrity and a backbone.

See if you don't agree.

YouTube - Christie - Race to the Top

Sure. I can get into this idea. At least he has a personality. A moderate Republican is a) the only hope the GOP has and b) we could use a wee bit of moderation after this long, long spending binge we've been on. OTOH, we surely don't need another Bush or another Obama. If he can avoid pissing me off, he's a good guy.

Sure. I can get into this idea. At least he has a personality. A moderate Republican is a) the only hope the GOP has and b) we could use a wee bit of moderation after this long, long spending binge we've been on. OTOH, we surely don't need another Bush or another Obama. If he can avoid pissing me off, he's a good guy.

Didn't notice the date. I did a search on Christie to find a current thread on another Christie topic. Didn't notice the OP date.

Didn't notice the date. I did a search on Christie to find a current thread on another Christie topic. Didn't notice the OP date.

Hey Joko. I think you're responding to someone elses post....or I'm really confused.:)

Please Take Note:

I posted those opinions on August 25, 2010, nearly 3 years ago.

You must have really been board Joko, to go back 3 years to find something of mine to comment on.
So you are no longer high on Chris Christie?

So you are no longer high on Chris Christie?

Why would anyone be "high" on someone who set a special election date 2-3 weeks before the general election date so he wouldn't have to deal with the turnout?

Why would anyone be "high" on someone who set a special election date 2-3 weeks before the general election date so he wouldn't have to deal with the turnout?
Grim was high on him three years ago, just asking him if he still feels the same way, thats all. I personally think he would make a good candidate for POTUS.

Grim was high on him three years ago, just asking him if he still feels the same way, thats all. I personally think he would make a good candidate for POTUS.

There were a lot of people who were supporters before he decided that his office was more valuable than any principles he might hold...

Nicki is a Sikh.....isn't she? I like her appeal.....but I don't really know where she stand policy wise.

Another Republican Woman would be Susana Martinez. Governor of New Mexico.

susana-martinez.jpg

Good afternoon, MMC! :2wave:

:agree: Nikki Haley really made an impression on me when she spoke at the convention! Proud of her State, showed a great sense of humor in her speech, and I liked the way she talked about how delighted she was when Boeing moved there, and she's attractive to boot!

Susana Martinez is another great pick! I haven't heard too much from her, but either one of these gals would do a good job for this country, IMO.! :thumbs:

Christie could go far in the Democrat party. He is not a Republican. I think conservatives are fed up with both parties. I know I am. Too many times the Republicans have done what the Democrats suggested... they ran a moderate. It's no wonder they couldn't bring home the votes from their own base.

No, this time out we need a real conservative. And by that I mean somebody who shoots down any of the BS Congress sends his way including any spending that creates a budget deficit. Ideally I'd like to see Mike Huckabee with Dave Ramsey as his VP. We did the Ramsey program and got completely out of debt for both my business and for our personal finances, and we kept it that way. No credit cards, no car payments, no mortgage. I don't even know what my credit rating is and don't care since I'm not borrowing money.

We have a lot of problems here at home. We need to stop getting involved in every little pissing contest all over the world. Those other countries are more than capable of killing each other without our help, either monetarily or with the use of our equipment or troops. Just stop it. Concentrate on getting our own house in order. Delete Obamacare, find a workable and reasonable solution to health care costs that does not involve growing the government. End redundant government programs, replace the tax code. Reduce the overall size of the federal government and return power to the states. And for God's sake stop spying on the American people. We need to get back to government as our founders intended it.

It would be a lot easier for people to take care of themselves if we didn't have all this personal debt. I understand it is good for big government for people to be stretched to the point of desperation, and that the federal government has no intention of reducing handouts to boost their own power, but it is what needs to happen. I would support a temporary (2-3 years) tax write off for paid off personal debt. That could certainly get us moving in the right direction. Thing is, we need to be stable individuals who allow a federal government to do what is necessary as their powers were originally intended. But until we remove ourselves from the dependency roles it will never happen.

Good afternoon, MMC! :2wave:

:agree: Nikki Haley really made an impression on me when she spoke at the convention! Proud of her State, showed a great sense of humor in her speech, and I liked the way she talked about how delighted she was when Boeing moved there, and she's attractive to boot!

Susana Martinez is another great pick! I haven't heard too much from her, but either one of these gals would do a good job for this country, IMO.! :thumbs:

Heya Polgara.
yo2.gif
Here was the First Woman Female Hispanic Governor in the History of the US. Also At the RNC Convention. ;)

Christi isn't pro life either, right? That's what I heard.

Heres the problem with Christie.....he is trying to run as the Most Moderate or Centrist Republican. Where the problem comes in is with the Conservatives. Which All the way back to 64 with Goldwater and the primaries has shown they will go with the Most Conservative.

So I doubt he will win the Primary or be the GOP Nominee. Only one other has made the Presidency.....being the Most of anything. Which that would be Reagan.

Which Christie is no Reagan and does not hold that Star Appeal.

I don't like picking minorities just because they are minorities, because the party thinks it will attract minority votes. They should be getting minorities voting because of their ideas and policies.

Nicki is a Sikh.....isn't she? I like her appeal.....but I don't really know where she stand policy wise.

Another Republican Woman would be Susana Martinez. Governor of New Mexico.

susana-martinez.jpg

I don't like picking minorities just because they are minorities, because the party thinks it will attract minority votes. They should be getting minorities voting because of their ideas and policies.

Heya SW.
hat.gif
Exactly.....once the Hispanics learn that the Left will break down all their religious morals and beliefs. Then what do you think happens?

Moreover I am not looking so much at her ethnicity. As more as being a Notable Woman as a Republican.

Maybe he could win nomination in the Democratic party but no way in hell he'll get it in the Republican party. He's too buddy buddy with Obama the Muslims Commandant.

Maybe he could win nomination in the Democratic party but no way in hell he'll get it in the Republican party. He's too buddy buddy with Obama the Muslims Commandant.

Hillary is counting on more people on the right ....thinking this way.

What Hillary needs to win big....is a right wing opponent that's embraced by the extremist on the right.

Heya Polgara.
yo2.gif
Here was the First Woman Female Hispanic Governor in the History of the US. Also At the RNC Convention. ;)

Impressive credentials! :bravo: I don't know how I missed her! Too much going on, I guess! I'll be watching more closely now, you can bet on that! :thumbs:

Impressive credentials! :bravo: I don't know how I missed her! Too much going on, I guess! I'll be watching more closely now, you can bet on that! :thumbs:

Mornin' Polgara. :2wave: I especially like the part where her and her husband figured out.....they weren't Democrats.
icon_thumright.gif

I think it is high time that the Right speak openly to Hispanics and always demonize and diss those Democrats. Screw all that crap about, my friend. First thing I would make clear. If he is a Democrat.....then he is no friend of mine or your people.

Do in debates or anytime in front of the Camera. Non stop.....24/7!

Back
Top Bottom