• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I'll put this off no longer

curt

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The following post lacks all organizational coherence.

Ok, first of all Hello. I'm from Canada and am a boorish literal, hence my the "very liberal" political stance in my profile. I'm a liberal in the 19th century sense of the word. I am very right wing and would love to meet someone further to the right than I. I'd love to be an anarchist, but have become resigned to living in the real world. I hate neo-cons, but find myself towing the neo-con internationalist line on many issues, Israel/Palestine, Iraq, North Korea etc. The increasingly authoritarian/Christian right that achieving predominance in the US worries me greatly.

As of late I've been reading about Objectivist philosophy and have a great interest for it. This has greatly stirred the libertarian complacency within my brain. I don't quite know enough about it yet to make any kind of decision about it, the puzzle is still uncomplete and the war is still being wadged.

I am a deist, and this is unlikely to change through any external infuence. I think both religion and atheism makes far too many unknown assumptions. I read history, sci-fi, have a fondness for historical movies(though it's been a while since a good one appeared). I do believe that the show "Arrested Development" is the best television writing I've ever seen. Unlike my personal attitude toward politics--different strokes for different folks--my judgement of music is far more discourteous. If I hate what you like, while you may not be informed of it, I'll be judging your tastes all the same. My tastes: Classical rock, classical music, and some country--not the new variety, which I consider pop music.

Because of my cynical nature of gov't, I see everything as a slippery slope. This has lead me--in another political forum--to declare enviromentalist as being anti-human because of Roman law that outlaws round goldfish bowls (I kid you not).

Also to be expected from me are:

to many damn commas
overuse of the words "seems" and "quite"
creative use of synonyms
lazy grammer
and an inconsistency in my posting from day to day, and week to week

Again I repeat: Hello

Excellent introduction, curt!:2wave:

Another one that doesn't have their name capitalized...;)

aTTACK oF tHE iLLITERATES!!!

How's that for bassackwards, redd old buddy?

Welcome to DP, curt. You'll fit right in.

welcbnr.gif

Hope to see ya on the threads :2wave:

~Tashah~

Back
Top Bottom