• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ilhan Omar connected Ballot Harvester in cash-for-ballots scheme: "Car is full" of absentee ballots

That is what is known as well-poisoning - a fallacy.

It is pointing out that this appeal to authority has appealed to an unreliable authority.

I don't argue that the information is false. I argue that the source is notoriously unreliable, and therefore the information is not worth my consideration until another more credible source backs it up.

In logical terms, I'm not coming to a conclusion, I am rejecting a premise.

It is pointing out that this appeal to authority has appealed to an unreliable authority.
But they didn't make an appeal to authority. They simply posted a video.

I don't argue that the information is false. I argue that the source is notoriously unreliable, and therefore the information is not worth my consideration until another more credible source backs it up.

In logical terms, I'm not coming to a conclusion, I am rejecting a premise.
You well poisoned, to justify your rejection.

But they didn't make an appeal to authority. They simply posted a video.

You well poisoned, to justify your rejection.

They posted a video from a source that is well know for doctoring videos for a partisan agenda. It is irrational to waste one's time on such a source.

They posted a video from a source that is well know for doctoring videos for a partisan agenda. It is irrational to waste one's time on such a source.
Again, we do not need your description of how you are poisoning the well. We already know you are.

Again, we do not need your description of how you are poisoning the well. We already know you are.

Last time I drank from that well it poisoned me, so I'm not drinking from it any more no matter how clean you say it is.

Not bias. Credibility. And I invite anyone to check any sources I cite against media bias fact check. If their factual reporting is anything other than "Mostly Factual" I will withdraw the source and find another. If I can't find a better source, then I suggest you not take my argument seriously in that case, just as I am not taking this Project Veritas allegation seriously.

NO, your post said nothing about credibility. It merely consisted of a link and was dry of text.

You're basically given anyone a blank check to just outright dismiss you.

NO, your post said nothing about credibility. It merely consisted of a link and was dry of text.

You're basically given anyone a blank check to just outright dismiss you.

That's why I clarified it by saying it was based on credibility, not bias.

So the thread with clear video evidence of vote rigging fraud is moved to consiracy theories, without any bias what so ever.

Don't be ridiculous. And no, a poorly made amateur youtube video is emphatically not reliable evidence-except for conspiracy theorists who see a communist around every corner. Best check under your bed too while you're at it.
How about high quality well researched and witness supported investigation?

Back
Top Bottom