• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ilan Omar: “Jewish People Who Live In the United States Don’t Love Israel Enough”

I'm referencing a particular interaction. She knows what I was talking about. You walking into the middle of something you're ignorant of and thinking you know what the **** you're talking about. You don't.

Sure buddy!

I’m not Jewish so I will leave the discussion to whether those comments are anti Semitic to those it affects, but I do know they were stupid, and that falls right in line with Trump.

Lol...you're not going to get away with acting like you care about anti-Semitism when you literally changed your avatar to Ilhan Omar right in the middle of interactions going over how she is anti-Semitic. I won't let that be covered up.
Antisemitism is what Israel is doing to the Palestinians.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Poorly worded.

I’m pointing out that Israel “otherized”. If a Jew at the time of becoming a nation, you were automatically accepted as an Israeli citizen. Thereafter, you had to stand in a diff line. A diff process to prove you were of Jewish faith. I don’t know what was the criteria of proof or when it became required. I don’t know that if a Chinese person walking in at the beginning would be accepted on word or not. I doubt it.

Poorly worded.

I’m pointing out that Israel “otherized”. If a Jew at the time of becoming a nation, you were automatically accepted as an Israeli citizen. Thereafter, you had to stand in a diff line. A diff process to prove you were of Jewish faith. I don’t know what was the criteria of proof or when it became required. I don’t know that if a Chinese person walking in at the beginning would be accepted on word or not. I doubt it.
That's a very strange whataboutism. Israel granting citizenship to Jews isn't the same as saying that American Jews have allegience to a foreign country.

What about the repulsive animal you have as your avatar?

What an interesting thing you think is okay, calling a non-white woman a “repulsive animal”. Par for the course old “Nazi Avatar Guy”.

What does her race and sex have to do with anything?

Only that white supremacists have been calling brown women variations on “animal” for centuries. But the guy who once proudly displayed a Nazi avatar couldn’t possibly know anything about that, right?

Only that white supremacists have been calling brown women variations on “animal” for centuries. But the guy who once proudly displayed a Nazi avatar couldn’t possibly know anything about that, right?
Well, I've been calling people I don't like "animals" for decades. Including people who disagree with me too often on online boards.

Well, I've been calling people I don't like "animals" for decades. Including people who disagree with me too often on online boards.

I would imagine someone who proudly displayed a Nazi avatar would have decades long behaviors that map to things White Supremacists do. It makes sense.

I would imagine someone who proudly displayed a Nazi avatar would have decades long behaviors that map to things White Supremacists do. It makes sense.

The worst thing you can accuse me of his having something that is "reminiscent" of a Nazi avatar. I've proven that I never had an actual Nazi avatar.

IIRC you admitted that fact in the past.

That's a very strange whataboutism. Israel granting citizenship to Jews isn't the same as saying that American Jews have allegience to a foreign country.

All I'm saying is that when becoming an Israeli citizen, unless you were born Jewish, you are "otherized", treated as intrinsically different from definitional Jews, in becoming Israeli. As I mentioned, there are more details. It is not simple.

All I'm saying is that when becoming an Israeli citizen, unless you were born Jewish, you are "otherized", treated as intrinsically different from definitional Jews, in becoming Israeli. As I mentioned, there are more details. It is not simple.
Which is swell, but completely unrelated to the thread except insofar as the word “Israel” appears.

ftsoa, let's say you're absolutely correct.

So, what?

How does that impact the ethics of saying some wack-ass shit?

I'm not clear on what you're saying.

Anywho, I don't think it impacts on what you say. So, maybe I agree with you. Please clarify.

Which is swell, but completely unrelated to the thread except insofar as the word “Israel” appears.

Then thank yourself. You're the one who brought up "otherize". I put it into its definitional context that brings my comparison to Israeli citizenship based on religion into view. Look up "otherize". You can't make it mean only what you wish it to be or limit its definition to what you wish it only apply.

Then thank yourself. You're the one who brought up "otherize". I put it into its definitional context that brings my comparison to Israeli citizenship based on religion into view. Look up "otherize". You can't make it mean only what you wish it to be or limit its definition to what you wish it only apply.
It's not about limiting the definition; it's the fact that it's completely unrelated to the topic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom