• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ilan Omar: “Jewish People Who Live In the United States Don’t Love Israel Enough”

p.11 of the guide published at bottom:

Daily Stormer excerpt.png
(among others)

Do we seriously believe that someone else would go around asking Jewish people they know why they don't just move to Israel (unless they aren't a guide-follower)?

Do we seriously believe that someone else who went around asking Jewish people they know why they don't just move to Israel would actually get "because there are too many Orthodox" there as the one uniform answer?

Do we seriously believe that that someone else would continue to insist this is all true despite multiple actual Jewish people telling him that it's ridiculous and anti-semetic?

Please. The whole thing was a vehicle to push the divided loyalty narrative, attack Orthodox Jews, and attack Israel. Know what this reeking schtick reminds me of?

My daughter (who is 12) asked me yesterday to pose this question here and I honestly don't know the answer or how to answer.

It has to do with the N-word. I have told her in the past that it is not a word that she should ever utter and why she shouldn't utter it. Due to that she was wondering why black people call each other that. Anyone here have an answer for her?

Note: She WILL be reading this so please keep it civil and respectful.

Just as plausible.

I think you need to define what you mean by that. What I pointed out is that it isn’t a nationalist sentiment of a matter of a bunch of Jews sitting around saying the Stars and Stripes uber alles. Do you disagree?

I am more inclined to believe the Jews I know than some random person on the internet who suddenly declares they’re Jewish for the purpose of setting up strawman arguments.
Yeah, that's right, we're pretending to be Jewish. You got us.

So you’re not saying Jews who live here would rather live in Israel, you’re saying Jews who live here would rather live in Israel.

Okay.
No, I’m pointing out that some Jews would be more inclined to relocate to Israel as a matter of religious significance of it weren’t governed under the iron fist of Orthodoxy. You’d have to be crazy to interpret that as me saying that all 8 million Jews will pack up and leave tomorrow if Israel were more religiously moderate and tolerant.

Jerusalem is not the “religious center” of Judaism and hasn’t been since the destruction of the Second Temple. Your position is based entirely on ignorance.
Claiming that Jerusalem ceased to be the center of Judaism in CE 70 is pretty ignorant, so I will take the rest with a grain of salt. It is sufficient to say that the actions of Jews disagree with you.

The Jews you know personally told you that the only thing preventing them from emigrating to Israel is Orthodox Jews?
I can second that. Jews often think of Israel as a place to visit, not live. One reason is the strictness of religious culture.

Claiming that Jerusalem ceased to be the center of Judaism in CE 70 is pretty ignorant, so I will take the rest with a grain of salt. It is sufficient to say that the actions of Jews disagree with you.

I can second that. Jews often think of Israel as a place to visit, not live. One reason is the strictness of religious culture.

No what’s ignorant is claiming a religion that is totally decentralized and has been for two thousand years has a religious center.

Pray tell, where is the “Jewish Pope” in Jerusalem? Where is their religious center found in the city?

No, I’m pointing out that some Jews would be more inclined to relocate to Israel as a matter of religious significance of it weren’t governed under the iron fist of Orthodoxy. You’d have to be crazy to interpret that as me saying that all 8 million Jews will pack up and leave tomorrow if Israel were more religiously moderate and tolerant.

No you weren’t. You were painting a broad brush on a swath of Jewish Americans. If you were just talking about “some” random that you know of, that doesn’t mean anything.

Yeah, that's right, we're pretending to be Jewish. You got us.

I’m sorry sir, your anecdotal argument is a non-starter compared to Napoleon on Debatepoliticsdotcom and the people he knows irl.

No you weren’t. You were painting a broad brush on a swath of Jewish Americans. If you were just talking about “some” random that you know of, that doesn’t mean anything.
Actually, I was and you’d know that if you actually read my posts instead of immediately responding with strawman arguments you copied and pasted from somewhere. And I find it ironic that you’re in here accusing others of anti-Semitism while using a picture of an anti-Semite as your avatar.

Actually, I was and you’d know that if you actually read my posts instead of immediately responding with strawman arguments you copied and pasted from somewhere. And I find it ironic that you’re in here accusing others of anti-Semitism with a picture of an anti-Semite as your avatar.

So you were speaking of a handful of folks you may or may not know in real life and we should give a shit about this why?

Your rando-internet-argument is a non-starter.

So you were speaking of a handful of folks you may or may not know in real life and we should give a shit about this why?

Your rando-internet-argument is a non-starter.
Certainly more broadly than a handful of people and certainly not all 8 million Jews. I don’t expect someone who uses a photo of an anti-Semite as their avatar cares what Jews say.

Certainly more broadly than a handful of people and certainly not all 8 million Jews. I don’t expect someone who uses a photo of an anti-Semite as their avatar cares what Jews say.

Oh? What is it Omar has said that you feel is anti-semitic? And why would the Jews you’re supposedly quoting who absolutely exist edge out the Jews we’re quoting who say they’re happy to be Americans?

You guys and your internet-rando-arguments.

Oh? What is it Omar has said that you feel is anti-semitic? And why would the Jews you’re supposedly quoting who absolutely exist edge out the Jews we’re quoting who say they’re happy to be Americans?

You guys and your internet-rando-arguments.

Muslims are required to journey to Mecca at least once in their lives. It is part of the religious culture. Similar things could be said of many groups.

Jewish people are not required to journey to Israel. The political state of Israel holds no religious value in Judaism.

It is not antisemitic to say that Jews should be loyal to their religious center--Jerusalem--or to the state around it.

Do Catholics owe allegiance to Italy, because it surrounds the Vatican?

Jewish people are not required to journey to Israel.
They are not. For some reason people claim that Jerusalem is not the center of the faith, in much the way Mecca is the center of Islam.

The political state of Israel holds no religious value in Judaism.
That is not accurate. The political state is a caretaker, so it has value.

Do Catholics owe allegiance to Italy, because it surrounds the Vatican?
Not parallel. Judaism and Islam are both regional, semitic, culturally intertwined and otherwise similar. They even claim the same forefather--Abraham. To stretch an analogy, cousins who are more like brothers.

They are not. For some reason people claim that Jerusalem is not the center of the faith, in much the way Mecca is the center of Islam.

That is not accurate. The political state is a caretaker, so it has value.

Not parallel. Judaism and Islam are both regional, semitic, culturally intertwined and otherwise similar. They even claim the same forefather--Abraham. To stretch an analogy, cousins who are more like brothers.
Well, since Jews say you're wrong, you're probably wrong.

I think you need to define what you mean by that. What I pointed out is that it isn’t a nationalist sentiment or a matter of a bunch of Jews sitting around saying the Stars and Stripes uber alles. Do you disagree?

I am more inclined to believe the Jews I know than some random person on the internet who suddenly declares they’re Jewish for the purpose of setting up strawman arguments.
I just round out I was Jewish the other day... what would you like to know? I am not an expert yet, but close.

I just round out I was Jewish the other day... what would you like to know? I am not an expert yet, but close.
Does anyone in your family practice Jewish traditions, customs, and religion or is this some statistically insignificant 23andme thing?

If it weren't an awful thing to say, do you think the poster would care that Trump said it?
Yes. The poster cares about anything Trump says. The reason why I made my comment is because it's true. She changed her avatar to Ilhan Omar in the middle of a thread while we were talking about her being anti-Semitic. The ironic thing is that Ilhan Omar has also made the anti-Semitic dual-loyalty trope. So, again, the OP doesn't care about anti-Semitic tropes or rhetoric, just that Trump made it.

We all know you support it because it was anti-Semitic.
Your comment is ****ing dumb, since I condemned it. Seriously, I don't think you could've written are more stupid comment.

This is what's known as "otherizing" and we don't like it. American Jews aren't Israeli; they're American.
These idiots love to talk about Israel is YOUR homeland. They have no concept of their bigotry.

Talk about irony.

The guy doesn't even realize how obvious it is - especially to an American who happens to be Jewish - that he doesn't give one half of someone else's rotten **** about anti-semitism, only that he can attack someone for supposedly using it to attack Trump.

Remember: a Trumpist's every accusation is a thinly veiled confession.

It's just a little more obvious here; a fraction of the post feigns upset about anti-semitism, while the whole thing is aimed at attacking a target on the left.
Yes...you came again with another stupid comment, as is your MO. The OP changed his avatar to Ilhan Omar in the middle of a thread talking to me about how she's anti-Semitic and also made the dual-loyalty accusation. But, again, you have nothing because you always have nothing.

But we know you do care and agree with his anti-semitism, so I dunno if my supposed indifference is that bad compared to your complicity.

I don’t own Donald Trump. You do.
What complicity? I think you need to read better.

Back
Top Bottom