• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ilan Omar: “Jewish People Who Live In the United States Don’t Love Israel Enough”

This is what's known as "otherizing" and we don't like it. American Jews aren't Israeli; they're American.

This is what's known as "otherizing" and we don't like it. American Jews aren't Israeli; they're American.

It was convenient for him to go out of his way to insist he wasn’t just referring to ultra religious Jewish people. He meant all Jews.

…oh, geez, sorry: Donald Trump actually said this! Whoops!

But I know all the Republicans who clicked on the thread will be just as outraged. Right? Right.

It's a terrible comment based in anti-Semitic tropes. But we all know you don't actually care about the anti-Semitic part, only that Trump said it.

Yet Israel "otherize" when becoming a citizen, an Israeli. You were a Jew, which is a religion, BTW, before requesting citizenship or you were other. There are more details than I depict. Y'r gonna have ta stand in a diffrnt line.

Yet Israel "otherize" when becoming a citizen, an Israeli. You were a Jew, which is a religion, BTW, before requesting citizenship or you were other. There are more details than I depict. Y'r gonna have ta stand in a diffrnt line.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

It's a terrible comment based in anti-Semitic tropes. But we all know you don't actually care about the anti-Semitic part, only that Trump said it.

But we know you do care and agree with his anti-semitism, so I dunno if my supposed indifference is that bad compared to your complicity.

I don’t own Donald Trump. You do.

I didn't think that sounded like Omar, who is virulently anti-Israel.

What is the objection to the comment?

I didn't think that sounded like Omar, who is virulently anti-Israel.

What is the objection to the comment?

Why do you believe all Jews in America should be loyal to Israel?

Why do you believe all Jews in America should be loyal to Israel?
Not particularly, but I do not find it an objectionable stance.

Saying that American Jews owe allegiance to Jew Land.
That's the gist of the comment. Why is that objectionable? Do not Muslims owe allegiance to Mecca?

…oh, geez, sorry: Donald Trump actually said this! Whoops!

But I know all the Republicans who clicked on the thread will be just as outraged. Right? Right.

Well played. As expected, the righties are already fawning over their Dear Leader's antisemitism.

Well played. As expected, the righties are already fawning over their Dear Leader's antisemitism.

You say that like we have example after example of republicans supporting Trump regardless of his anti-semitism.

Not particularly, but I do not find it an objectionable stance.

That's the gist of the comment. Why is that objectionable? Do not Muslims owe allegiance to Mecca?
You'll have to ask them.

You have reading issues. that is not an antisemitic comment. Quite the opposite.

Explain. It is not in any way antisemitic.

No. Explaining why an objectively anti-semitic comment is anti-semitic to someone who has declared he agrees with it isn’t as appealing as you might think.

You have the man-bites-dog stance. You explain why all Jews should be loyal to Israel.

Talk about irony.

The guy doesn't even realize how obvious it is - especially to an American who happens to be Jewish - that he doesn't give one half of someone else's rotten **** about anti-semitism, only that he can attack someone for supposedly using it to attack Trump.

Remember: a Trumpist's every accusation is a thinly veiled confession.

It's just a little more obvious here; a fraction of the post feigns upset about anti-semitism, while the whole thing is aimed at attacking a target on the left.

Trump answered his own question. There are 25 times more Jews living in the United States than in Israel. They may visit Israel as tourists from time to time, but they don’t want to live there because the vast majority of Jews don’t want to live under the thumb of Orthodoxy. So if you want to impress American Jews with your stance on Israel you don’t play to the worst Orthodox elements of Israeli politics and society.

And by the way, the mindset that leads one to ask why Jews aren't loyal to Israel is hardly isolated to Jews. It's simply one iteration of the mindset that also leads one to say that black people should go back to Africa, Mexicans back to Mexico, etc. Underneath it is the inherent belief that a "real" American looks like a Christian of white European descent.

And by the way, the mindset that leads one to ask why Jews aren't loyal to Israel is hardly isolated to Jews. It's simply one iteration of the mindset that also leads one to say that black people should go back to Africa, Mexicans back to Mexico, etc. Underneath it is the inherent belief that a "real" American looks like a Christian of white European descent.

Convenient that they decided *after* all the work went into setting up the joint that America is the original white ethno state.

Trump answered his own question. There are 25 times more Jews living in the United States than in Israel. They may visit Israel as tourists from time to time, but they don’t want to live there because the vast majority of Jews don’t want to live under the thumb of Orthodoxy. So if you want to impress American Jews with your stance on Israel you don’t play to the worst Orthodox elements of Israeli politics and society.

Or maybe they’re loyal Americans who have no reason to think about being loyal to another country, same as other Americans? Maybe? Could it be?

We don't want to live there for the same reason we wouldn't want to live somewhere else. It's not our country. This is. We wouldn't move there if ultra-orthodox Jews in Israel suddenly fell out of power, any more than you'd expect American Catholics to mass migrate to the Vatican if some condition of the Papacy was more to their liking.

Back
Top Bottom