• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ignoring the Ignore List!

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The Ignore List is for people that can't hear opposing views without feeling threatened. So they need a panic button to hit to continue lying to themselves. Why come to a debate orientated forum and sever the lines of communication. Doesn't make any sense to me. I certainly do not respect anyone that uses this feature and considers themselves mature and responsible. They are basically cowards in every sense of the word.

Too afraid to admit they were wrong. Too afraid to apologize. Too afraid to realize their just human. Too afraid to change their position on a topic. To afraid to give respect to people they have issues with. Too afraid to give someone the benefit of the doubt if you don't agree with there proposition but have no proof to rebut at the time. Too afraid to admit to yourself that your facade is doing the talking on this board.

I have been guilty of everything I just stated but wasn't afraid to do something about it. If I can do it, certainly everyone else can!

An ignore option is for those people who feel that a specific individual is not worth debating, and/or is a person that is very provocative in nature. I have refrained from ignoring people because I believe that dealing with fanatics is a good way to shape my opinion and improve myself, while others just don't want to listen to what they consider stupid people.

I highly doubt it is because someone feels inferior to someone else and wants to block them because they can’t handle it.

Originally posted by Tetracide:
An ignore option is for those people who feel that a specific individual is not worth debating, and/or is a person that is very provocative in nature. I have refrained from ignoring people because I believe that dealing with fanatics is a good way to shape my opinion and improve myself, while others just don't want to listen to what they consider stupid people.

I highly doubt it is because someone feels inferior to someone else and wants to block them because they can’t handle it.
I understand your point and know full well what it is there for. I just think that individuals they think are not worth debating is more of a reflection of themselves than the person they have an issue with. We all choose our own emotions. No one can make you mad. You choose to be mad as a reaction to what someone says. So they choose to debate or not to debate. But the problem is not external. It is internal.

Back
Top Bottom