• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ignoring Taboos, Syria War Wounded Treated in Israel.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The quiet hospital ward in northern Israel is a world away from the ravages of Syria's civil war but scores of wounded Syrians, ignoring long-standing taboos concerning relations with the Jewish state, are receiving treatment here.

447a74c5-5536-4d86-a5bb-7397ee77a49b_178256018.jpg

But mindful that Syria and Israel are technically still at war following their 1967 and 1973 conflicts, she was reluctant to be identified, asking that pseudonyms be used both for herself and for her daughter.

Tensions have been running high in Israel, with the Jewish state fearing the fallout from a possible US strike on Syria in response to alleged chemical weapons use could spill across its northern border.

Israelis have been scurrying to replace old or missing gas masks despite experts assessing the chances of an attack by the Syrian regime or its Lebanese proxies Hezbollah on Israel as low.

The Israeli army says it has transported dozens of Syrian wounded from the Quneitra ceasefire line crossing in the occupied Golan Heights to Ziv, which is some 40 kilometres (25 miles) away.

"After the injured can safely leave the hospital, they are handed back over to the army, who take them to Syria, but I don't know where," Shapira said.....snip~

Ignoring taboos, Syria war wounded treated in Israel - Yahoo! News

It appears that the Israelis are helping out the Syrians.....their alleged enemy. Imagine that!

There was also a demonstration in front of the Russian embassy today:

1170905_654995264511846_1290113078_n.jpg

one of the signs say: "the world remained silent when we were poisoned with gas, we won't!!!"

There was also a demonstration in front of the Russian embassy today:

1170905_654995264511846_1290113078_n.jpg

one of the signs say: "the world remained silent when we were poisoned with gas, we won't!!!"

Heya Ido.....so what are you seeing with Israel and all this Hoopla?

Heya Ido.....so what are you seeing with Israel and all this Hoopla?

We talked about this in the other thread:
Israel favors neither side. My personal opinion is that as bad as Assad is for us (with his support to Hez and being a proxy to Iran), at least we know what we get with him, I fear that chaos in Syria will open another front of violent terrorism against Israel.

We have a real conflict between what is good for our country and what is right morally here... its a tough one.

The quiet hospital ward in northern Israel is a world away from the ravages of Syria's civil war but scores of wounded Syrians, ignoring long-standing taboos concerning relations with the Jewish state, are receiving treatment here.

447a74c5-5536-4d86-a5bb-7397ee77a49b_178256018.jpg

But mindful that Syria and Israel are technically still at war following their 1967 and 1973 conflicts, she was reluctant to be identified, asking that pseudonyms be used both for herself and for her daughter.

Tensions have been running high in Israel, with the Jewish state fearing the fallout from a possible US strike on Syria in response to alleged chemical weapons use could spill across its northern border.

Israelis have been scurrying to replace old or missing gas masks despite experts assessing the chances of an attack by the Syrian regime or its Lebanese proxies Hezbollah on Israel as low.

The Israeli army says it has transported dozens of Syrian wounded from the Quneitra ceasefire line crossing in the occupied Golan Heights to Ziv, which is some 40 kilometres (25 miles) away.

"After the injured can safely leave the hospital, they are handed back over to the army, who take them to Syria, but I don't know where," Shapira said.....snip~

Ignoring taboos, Syria war wounded treated in Israel - Yahoo! News

It appears that the Israelis are helping out the Syrians.....their alleged enemy. Imagine that!

Because they know who is trying to take over the Syrian government.

We talked about this in the other thread:

We have a real conflict between what is good for our country and what is right morally here... its a tough one.

Would you know if we still have any Troops in Israel? As I hear Iran and Hezbollah ratcheting up the rhetoric. Since France said they still want to Punish Assad.

Would you know if we still have any Troops in Israel? As I hear Iran and Hezbollah ratcheting up the rhetoric. Since France said they still want to Punish Assad.

when did you have troops in Israel?

when did you have troops in Israel?

I thought we had some at the Spec/Counter Terror School.....Marines, Unit 707. Although I don't know if they are still there. Maybe one of my Cuzins that's a Devil Dog can let us know.

I thought we had some at the Spec/Counter Terror School.....Marines, Unit 707. Although I don't know if they are still there. Maybe one of my Cuzins that's a Devil Dog can let us know.

Now that you mention it I remember reading that last week there was an exercise of a Giva'ati unit vs a Marine unit in the urban area combat training center.

Now that you mention it I remember reading that last week there was an exercise of a Giva'ati unit vs a Marine unit in the urban area combat training center.

I wasn't sure if they were or not. That's also a sniper school too.

I wasn't sure if they were or not. That's also a sniper school too.

it's a huge training ground, everyone trains there, we conquered it and defended it so many times.... *yawns*

Back
Top Bottom