• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ignorance Of The Law

a) I've had hundreds of hours of training with firearms. There are exceptions but most criminals are lousy shots as I've been taught in class. That is my source, class. If you want to see the same source as me you can come to my class.

b) Good for you. Of course a tactical gunfight is a whole different ballgame than static target shooting or three gun competition.

c) Criminals are becoming more dangerous, as I said before in this post there are exceptions to criminals being lousy shots, an example would be as Platt and Matix. A trained criminal is more dangerous than an untrained criminal.

Now if more good people could get good training with firearms, that could help cut down on all crimes.

So many wrong conclusions!

No, I require stats on the quality of criminal shooting, not wishful thinking from gun instructors. So...I dont accept that answer.

I dont do 'stand and shoot' competition, so you're wrong there. And I also practice with the IDPA team, which is all running, shooting, changing magazines, from behind cover, in all positions, timed, etc.

ANd there's no correlation and no reason that training should affect gun crime...all it takes is pulling a trigger as many times as needed. Pray and spray.

Sorry, you didnt refute my points.

Alright lets say you had a trigger job done on your gun or you had a foreign spring installed, should you get in trouble for that?

You are moving the goal posts.

You are moving the goal posts.

No Im not, in post #97 you say "If you own a vehicle, a bicycle, a boat, a gun, a dog, a cat, property, etc etc etc etc you are responsible for knowing the laws that apply to those things."

As it is, getting a trigger job done on your gun or getting a foreign made spring installed can in some cases get you in trouble, but the law can be very iffy on that and it can vary from state to state, from place to place. As you say, you're responsible for knowing the laws that apply to guns if you own a gun or guns, so should you get in trouble for not knowing some nitty gritty law that says you can't get a trigger job done or get a foreign spring installed?

The same here.

I can only imagine those who think otherwise have never actually gotten a CCW. Because they cover this over and over and over again. And in my opinion, anybody that can not pay attention to such a restriction should probably not even have a CCW.

No more than in Texas I think somebody who carries a CCW into a church, bar, government installation, or Carl's Junior should have that right revoked. Because over and over in that class they pounded us on where you could not carry your weapon. And that included Government facilities, churches, places that served alcohol, or where a sign was posted saying you could not have a gun on the premises.

If you can not follow the rules, you should not have a gun. No more than if you can not follow the rules of the road, you should not have a driver's license.

Tangent kind of.

You want to know something ironic? To me at least.

I live in Liberal Oregon. I can carry in to every single one of those places. We have also always been able to open carry hand and long guns. Where Texas that’s all new. Texas has no idea what the 2A is about.

No Im not, in post #97 you say "If you own a vehicle, a bicycle, a boat, a gun, a dog, a cat, property, etc etc etc etc you are responsible for knowing the laws that apply to those things."

As it is, getting a trigger job done on your gun or getting a foreign made spring installed can in some cases get you in trouble, but the law can be very iffy on that and it can vary from state to state, from place to place. As you say, you're responsible for knowing the laws that apply to guns if you own a gun or guns, so should you get in trouble for not knowing some nitty gritty law that says you can't get a trigger job done or get a foreign spring installed?

You have to know the laws. If it's legal...you are not breaking the law. That has little to do with how a jury interprets that decision. Yes it does vary from state to state...and it's still your responsibility to know the law where you are.

No one knows all the laws of where they are. Few people will specifically look, and the rest go by our own moral compass. It’s anarchy.

You have to know the laws. If it's legal...you are not breaking the law. That has little to do with how a jury interprets that decision. Yes it does vary from state to state...and it's still your responsibility to know the law where you are.
Then the laws should be clearly posted so that people know what they are, and that includes clearly posting them from state to state.

Then the laws should be clearly posted so that people know what they are, and that includes clearly posting them from state to state.

Why do you claim the laws are not clearly posted? There is a booklet and website that cover all this for my state. I'm willing to bet every state has such. And it's all free. They have the booklets in the gun stores and at the ranges too.

And you can look up any other state's laws online too. We do it all the time here in discussions.

Why do you claim the laws are not clearly posted? There is a booklet and website that cover all this for my state. I'm willing to bet every state has such. And it's all free. They have the booklets in the gun stores and at the ranges too.

And you can look up any other state's laws online too. We do it all the time here in discussions.

Source?

So you are done then? Because that is one of the lamest requests for sources I've ever seen.

Please...for all of us...tell me you dont believe that every state has their gun laws published online?

And then, tell me how you'd like me to "source" the printed copies that are available?

So you are done then? Because that is one of the lamest requests for sources I've ever seen.

Please...for all of us...tell me you dont believe that every state has their gun laws published online?

And then, tell me how you'd like me to "source" the printed copies that are available?

What I meant when I asked for a source is that I was asking if you could provide a link to the website that covers the gun laws in your state. I want to see it for myself so I can decide if I think its legit. People are so gullible now days that they will sometimes believe just about anything, even stuff they find on the internet.

What I meant when I asked for a source is that I was asking if you could provide a link to the website that covers the gun laws in your state. I want to see it for myself so I can decide if I think its legit. People are so gullible now days that they will sometimes believe just about anything, even stuff they find on the internet.

:doh

Here's one:

Chapter 9.41 RCW: FIREARMS AND DANGEROUS WEAPONS

Back
Top Bottom