• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

#IfMenHadPeriods

See, this is what I'm talking about. They're men, it's that simple. I can understand this talk from some right wing religious blowhard, but from someone who I've always considered reasonable and pro-LGBT, it's much more frustrating.

Mental gender and your physical sex either work in unison or separately.

Transgenders are transgenders. They are physically one thing and mentally identify as another. Their physical and mental work separately.

You're trying to claim their physical and mental work together? That contradicts the entire reason why they're transgender to begin with.

The mind isn't having the period flow. The body is. Separate.

:shrug: You're over-complicating this and turning it into something it's not.

Now if physical men started bleeding from their penises then we can seriously address this topic. But as long as someone has the physical characteristics of a female then they're trans with a period.

Of all the stupid ****ing conversations to even goddamn have. Next up: pregnancy is no longer gender exclusive. :roll:

Last edited:
"Menstruation is not gender exclusive" Physiology be damned.

I don't think you're terribly familiar with physiology. Male and female are not strict biological categories, there have been intersex humans about as long as humanity has been around.

Transgenders are transgenders. They are physically one thing and mentally identify as another. Their physical and mental work separately.

You're trying to claim their physical and mental work together? That contradicts the entire reason why they're transgender to begin with.

Now if physical men started bleeding from their penises then we can seriously address this topic. But as long as someone has the physical characteristics of a female then they're trans with a period.

Of all the stupid ****ing conversations to even goddamn have. Next up: pregnancy is no longer gender exclusive. :roll:

Ugh, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that they're men, so yeah, even though they may have a vagina, it's still a man's body. Because they are men. I'm not over complicating anything, it's pretty easy to grasp, actually.

Implicit in your claim is that their gender is somehow incomplete or illegitimate; that they are only "mental" men, not "real" nor "physical" men.

Please do not take this the wrong way. I appreciate where you are coming from. I know that virtually any joke is likely to offend some subset of the 7 billion people here. I don't think it's wrong to say or laugh at the jokes, but to insist that it cannot possibly demean someone who speaks up because they feel that they are being demeaned is erroneous. It seems better to let them speak their peace rather than to escalate it into a conflict.

Ugh, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that they're men, so yeah, even though they may have a vagina, it's still a man's body. Because they are men. I'm not over complicating anything, it's pretty easy to grasp, actually.

It's 4 am, I can't sleep (again), and I have bukus of homework to do . . . and work. So on that, I'm logging off. I don't care that much to sit here and debate penises and vaginas all night. I really don't.

Nonsense. They have a female body, but their brain tels them they are men.

Oh dear.

The brain is an organ in the body.

A brain is neither male nor female. Brains are intersex. Characteristics of it overlap between the sexes.

No one can look at a brain and say with certainty that this one is male and that one is female. They can look at bones though, 400 years from now even, and know which are male or female. And, as much as a male or female says they are the opposite sex "for realz," the bones 400 years from now will prove they were wrong.

Absolutely amazing. Is it not?

I guess if they continue with such ridiculous arguments, most people will clearly see the idiocy of it all.

Absolutely amazing. Is it not?

I guess if they continue with such ridiculous arguments, most people will clearly see the idiocy of it all.

It's just amazing that someone can say that with a straight face as an argument in a debate.

A brain is neither male nor female. Brains are intersex. Characteristics of it overlap between the sexes.

No one can look at a brain and say with certainty that this one is male and that one is female. They can look at bones though, 400 years from now even, and know which are male or female. And, as much as a male or female says they are the opposite sex "for realz," the bones 400 years from now will prove they were wrong.

That's not what those who study the brain believe.

That's not what those who study the brain believe.

Correction: that's not what those who push the trans agenda believe. Brain experts have pointed to the similarities between male and female brains for a very long time.

The brains of men and women aren?t really that different, study finds | Science | AAAS

In the mid-19th century, researchers claimed they could tell the sex of an individual just by looking at their disembodied brain. But a new study finds that human brains do not fit neatly into “male” and “female” categories. . . .

The majority of the brains were a mosaic of male and female structures, the team reports online today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Depending on whether the researchers looked at gray matter, white matter, or the diffusion tensor imaging data, between 23% and 53% of brains contained a mix of regions that fell on the male-end and female-end of the spectrum. Very few of the brains—between 0% and 8%—contained all male or all female structures. “There is no one type of male brain or female brain,” Joel says.

Last edited:
lol 'periods are not gender exclusive' . . . ?? If they're trans then, logic dictates, they're really a genetic female. Thus yes - periods are gender exclusive. Where are these supposed males bleeding from? Their dicks?

Every time I hear them speak I feel as though I'm bleeding from my ears. #STFUpleaseLGBT

I'm open minded and I support trans people. I don't think it's wrong to point out that "men can have periods too" is inaccurate if the said man still has female anatomy. It's like trans people who say, "Look, a man who got pregnant and had a baby!"... even though he still has a fully functional uterus.

I know gender and sex aren't the same thing. It still strikes me as disingenuous and not believable.

And please... anti-trans people do not 'thank' my post. I'm not on your side and we have nothing in common. This is more of my personal beef.

I'm open minded and I support trans people. I don't think it's wrong to point out that "men can have periods too" is inaccurate if the said man still has female anatomy. It's like trans people who say, "Look, a man who got pregnant and had a baby!"... even though he still has a fully functional uterus.

I know gender and sex aren't the same thing. It still strikes me as disingenuous and not believable.

And please... anti-trans people do not 'thank' my post. I'm not on your side and we have nothing in common. This is more of my personal beef.

People are not necessarily anti-trans when they take the position that men with male anatomy are not women and vice versa. It's just the PC-garbage fundamentalists that try to paint it that way.

I'm perfectly fine with saying someone is transgender. I take issue when someone insists that I call a man a woman or tell me I should agree that men can have periods too.

Then you are implicitly asserting that those who lack some anatomical structure like a uterus are not "real" women etc.

Gender is a social construct, and those who are socially male are real, true males. Many people do not have unanimous agreement in terms of every possible sex characteristic.

This is just as stupid as the SJW garbage I find on Tumblr. Arguing over stupid stuff like the "Male Gaze" or whatever.

I avoid Tumblr like the plague. I've had a few discussions with coworkers who were Tumblr feminists and after 5 minutes, I realized that even expressing half of my views (and I am shockingly left-wing) would be considered wildly "sexist" and unacceptable, so I pretty much stopped talking to them about politics, pop culture, history... What I'm trying to say is that I stopped talking to them for the most part.

Every time I hear them speak I feel as though I'm bleeding from my ears. #STFUpleaseLGBT

That so many of the movement transgenders can't just accept their differences, face the fact that they are not normal men and women, by insisting that they be force-fit into a male-female binary even though that is totally impossible. A transgender will never be the sex opposite of the biological sex they were when born. It's impossible for a man to become a woman and vice versa. All they can ever be is trans. They need to face that fact and leave the rest of us alone.

It's not stupid. It's just realizing, "Oh, other people exist."

Common human decency, IMO.

It isn't stupid, but at the same time, what should the hashtag be? #Ifmenhadperiods(excludingf2mpreoptrans) ???

The original hashtag brings up some valid points about men vs female hygiene products (luxury tax) and inequality in general. If, every time we try to have a conversation about real issues we have to stop and make numerous concessions to make sure that every single viewpoint is specifically respected (as noble as it is), then nothing would ever get done.

Last edited:
People are not necessarily anti-trans when they take the position that men with male anatomy are not women and vice versa. It's just the PC-garbage fundamentalists that try to paint it that way.

Calling them PC-garbage fundamentalists is just a way of insulting people who are in possession of the scientific, psychological and medical facts.

If someone is trans they are trans, doesn't matter what they look like or what you feel they are like. I'm not even talking about that. Just trying to reconcile what I perceive to be a certain level of dishonesty when people say a man (with a uterus because he used to be a she) got pregnant for the first time... when the authors of such articles know full well that that's not what people are expecting.

Then you are implicitly asserting that those who lack some anatomical structure like a uterus are not "real" women etc.

Gender is a social construct, and those who are socially male are real, true males. Many people do not have unanimous agreement in terms of every possible sex characteristic.

I'm trans positive. I'll call you whatever you want to be called. But if you're having a baby it's because you're still anatomically female. It's not accurate to say otherwise.

I saw an article a while back about a man who had a kid, and it was such a bait article. How exciting would it be if an anatomical male actually could have a child? But of course it was a trans person.

That so many of the movement transgenders can't just accept their differences, face the fact that they are not normal men and women, by insisting that they be force-fit into a male-female binary even though that is totally impossible. A transgender will never be the sex opposite of the biological sex they were when born. It's impossible for a man to become a woman and vice versa. All they can ever be is trans. They need to face that fact and leave the rest of us alone.

Exactly. I don't mind them being crazy, I just object to the way that they expect us to follow them into crazyland.

Exactly. I don't mind them being crazy, I just object to the way that they expect us to follow them into crazyland.

How is showing a basic level of respect to someone 'following them into crazyland'?

Calling them PC-garbage fundamentalists is just a way of insulting people who are in possession of the scientific, psychological and medical facts.

If someone is trans they are trans, doesn't matter what they look like or what you feel they are like. I'm not even talking about that. Just trying to reconcile what I perceive to be a certain level of dishonesty when people say a man (with a uterus because he used to be a she) got pregnant for the first time... when the authors of such articles know full well that that's not what people are expecting.

I'm trans positive. I'll call you whatever you want to be called. But if you're having a baby it's because you're still anatomically female. It's not accurate to say otherwise.

I saw an article a while back about a man who had a kid, and it was such a bait article. How exciting would it be if an anatomical male actually could have a child? But of course it was a trans person.

I don't have a problem with the use of the phrase "anatomically female" but when people say "if men had periods" they are using the term in an ambiguous way. There is nothing erroneous about pointing out that there are, in fact, people who are considered "men" that menstruate.

I believe that we're in ideological agreement and this is just a semantic distinction.

Back
Top Bottom