• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If Zimmerman had been an off-duty cop . . .

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Out of uniform . . . still armed . . . would he have been arrested for the events as we know them?

Out of uniform . . . still armed . . . would he have been arrested for the events as we know them?

He would have called for back up and then SPOKEN with Trayvon... No probable cause.. TM wasn't breaking the law.

First you are never really "off duty" and no, I highly doubt he would have been arrested.

But when he threw that first punch, all bets were off.

No police officer would have failed to diffuse the situation.. Remember Root said he talked about training in VERBAL JUDO?

Ab so lute ly NOT. No law was broken.

No police officer would have failed to diffuse the situation.. Remember Root said he talked about training in VERBAL JUDO?

BS, there are plenty of police officers that just love to escalate situations.
They love to put people on the defensive. Ever been asked "you know why I pulled you over". That phrase is used to elicit a defensive responce.
They correct phrase is "I pulled you over for....".

He would have called for back up and then SPOKEN with Trayvon... No probable cause.. TM wasn't breaking the law.

why do you keep lying? Zimmerman did speak with trayvon...and received a punch to his face for his troubles.

why do you keep lying? Zimmerman did speak with trayvon...and received a punch to his face for his troubles.

Trayvon asked George, "Why are you following me?" TM deserved an answer.

So many people in Z's corner are so self righteous in their beliefs. As if they were there.

But when he threw that first punch, all bets were off.

I'm a military cop. you swing at me or punch me when I stop you and ask a question...you are going down....hard. too bad zimmerman wasn't packing a stun gun or a taser.

Every police shooting is investigated...

Psssssssst sharon, you are able to comprehend the difference between "investigated" and as the OP inquired "arrested".

So many people in Z's corner are so self righteous in their beliefs. As if they were there.

it's called "evidence". even the prosecution's witness claims Zimmerman spoke to Trayvon. Sharon keeps repeating the lie that Zimmerman never said a word to Trayvon.

Probably wouldn't have even seen a teenager walking slow in the rain while talking on his cell as being abnormal teen behavior. A kid stalling to go home and talking on the cell......no never...say it isn't so.:doh

it's called "evidence". even the prosecution's witness claims Zimmerman spoke to Trayvon. Sharon keeps repeating the lie that Zimmerman never said a word to Trayvon.
Yeah because witnesses are so reliable.

I think Zimmerman supporters believe that the state has to disprove his depiction of events. The only one alive who was there is George Zimmerman. He cannot be convicted just because his is the only story out there.

Trayvon asked George, "Why are you following me?" TM deserved an answer.

TM got an answer: "what are you doing around here?" (the implication being, I am following you to find out what you are doing here) why do you continue to lie?

TM asked George the question.. and George said what are you doing here rather than just say I am NW ...

Then GZ reached for his phone/gun.

I should have realized that you were an MP.

I'll assume the first thing he would do is identify himself.

Yeah because witnesses are so reliable.

then they should just set Zimmerman free and dismiss the charges. if the witnesses are unreliable....there is no way to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Zimmerman committed a crime.

I think Zimmerman supporters believe that the state has to disprove his depiction of events. The only one alive who was there is George Zimmerman. He cannot be convicted just because his is the only story out there.

That's not what I'm saying. He had so many different choices before confronting a stranger against the advice of the police.

Back
Top Bottom