• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart...

It’s late. So I’ll get to every piece of nonsense you wrote in the morning. I’m typing on my phone and too tired to type any more. But I’ll get to my Mac in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody cares

affc2554e20d10daa72d4569749ec049.jpg

lincoln peoples rights.jpg

Nixon soured me on the GOP for life. I could not vote for a party that harbored a criminal who lied about having an end for the Vietnam war. Little did I know that he would only be the first of several criminals the GOP put in the Whitehouse ending with the biggest criminal of them all D.J.Trump.

Gen. Shalikashvili was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and fought in Vietnam as a junior officer, same as his peers such as Gen. Colin Powell who was CJCS before Shalikashvili became chairman.

Nixon knew in 1968 he wasn't going to end the VN war until after reelection, which came in 1972. This general stated the fact for the record and condemned Nixon before the general passed on after he retired.

For me the Republican Party was finished by this and the Nixon "Southern Strategy" that transformed the Old Confederacy into a part of the base of the Republican Party. The Southern Strategy was the first definable step the Republican Party and Conservatives took toward becoming what they are presently, ie, they are what we fought against in the civil war and then throughout the 20th century. Republicans-Conservatives are pursuing their Triumph of The Will, ie, Making America Russia Instead. The consequence is that PutinTrumpRowers need to be excised.

... but if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain." -- Winston Churchill

Trump is not a conservative. He's a fascist.

He exploits fear. He scapegoats ethnic minorities. He uses hyper-patriotism to manipulate followers emotionally.

Your lack of understanding of that discussion further proves my point. Describing it as "infinite genders" means you have no idea what people are actually arguing.

I've been absent on this forum for a few weeks but will answer you now. You guys go against the SCIENTIFIC STANCE that it's known that there's only two genders. You guys say it's infinite. That has absolutely all to do with FEELINGS and NOTHING to do with fact.

Nixon soured me on the GOP for life. I could not vote for a party that harbored a criminal who lied about having an end for the Vietnam war. Little did I know that he would only be the first of several criminals the GOP put in the Whitehouse ending with the biggest criminal of them all D.J.Trump.

You do realize that the War in Vietnam actually did end during the Nixon administration, right? Vietnam was actually started by a Democrat, JFK, and was escalated by his successor, LBJ.

You do realize that the War in Vietnam actually did end during the Nixon administration, right? Vietnam was actually started by a Democrat, JFK, and was escalated by his successor, LBJ.

Yes Nixon finally surrendered after 1000's more young American lives were wasted not to mention what his escalation of the war did to the Vietnamese. He claimed he would end the war as soon as he was elected and that was a lie. Yes Kennedy and then LBJ were duped by the Generals but at least LBJ did not lie and say he could win the war to get reelected.

BTW I believe if JFK had lived he would have withdrawn from S. Vietnam instead of doubling down. Johnson was the Texas hawk who fell for the Generals false narrative. They were ultimately to blame for the bloody blunder. They were fixated on a mythic monolithic commie assault on Democracy and fighting a proxy war with the USSR. If they knew their history that would have known that the Vietnamese hated the Chinese as much as us and would never be part of any "bloc" that had them as a member.

Last edited:
Yes Nixon finally surrendered after 1000's more young American lives were wasted not to mention what his escalation of the war did to the Vietnamese. He claimed he would end the war as soon as he was elected and that was a lie. Yes Kennedy and then LBJ were duped by the Generals but at least LBJ did not lie and say he could win the war to get reelected.

BTW I believe if JFK had lived he would have withdrawn from S. Vietnam instead of doubling down. Johnson was the Texas hawk who fell for the Generals false narrative. They were ultimately to blame for the bloody blunder. They were fixated on a mythic monolithic commie assault on Democracy and fighting a proxy war with the USSR. If they knew their history that would have known that the Vietnamese hated the Chinese as much as us and would never be part of any "bloc" that had them as a member.

It sounds like you are making excuses especially considering for the most part that you avoid how LBJ escalated Vietnam. Actually, although I have mixed views on the war, it helped bring some prosperity to South Vietnam before the retreat. So I'll give some credit to both JFK and LBJ. Even though I am somewhat libertarian and having some reservations about nation building, I still will give them credit, at least for good intentions.

Back
Top Bottom