• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

if you're Iran

(see text)

• Cower in fear and give up your nuke program

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wet yourself and give up your nuke program

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

M14 Shooter

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
...and you hear that you're about to be referred to the USNC because if your various actions regarding nuclear weapons, do you...

Last edited:
You fall on the floor laughing. As Charles Krauthammer correctly observed, "North Korea tolerated 2 million dead from starvation to get its nuclear weapons. Iran will tolerate a shortage of flat-screen TVs."

If I was Iran...

1. Keep toying with Europe.
2. Continue to watch them pump their chests, because big brother America is behind them.
3. Continue to insist that my nuclear program is for infrastructure only and remind the world that we export a rediculous amount of oil to those that are attempting to keep me down.
4. Secretly build nukes.
5. After completing the nukes, announce to the world that I now have nukes and that any further aggression will be met with "aggressions" and shape the Middle East to what I want it to be.
6. Release a couple nukes to some Radical groups intent on attacking Israel and America with express instructions that they did not come from me.

Since this seems to be the path we are currently driving on.....maybe I am Iran.

GySgt said:
If I was Iran...

2. Continue to watch them pump their chests, because big brother America is behind them.
3. Continue to insist that my nuclear program is for infrastructure only and remind the world that we export a rediculous amount of oil to those that are attempting to keep me down.
4. Secretly build nukes.
5. After completing the nukes, announce to the world that I now have nukes and that any further aggression will be met with "aggressions" and shape the Middle East to what I want it to be.
6. Release a couple nukes to some Radical groups intent on attacking Israel and America with express instructions that they did not come from me.

Since this seems to be the path we are currently driving on.....maybe I am Iran.

They wouldnt be that stupid.
In no time the US would nail down where the material came from.
Iran would be blown off the map.

But that wouldn't change the fact that some crazy people got some biiiig bombs.

Iran knows that we have spent ourself, and are continuing to do so in Bush's Iraq folly. They can do as they please and short of us using WMD's on them, we can do nothing.

Vandeervecken said:
Iran knows that we have spent ourself, and are continuing to do so in Bush's Iraq folly. They can do as they please and short of us using WMD's on them, we can do nothing.

We have "spent" ourself?
By what standard?
We have ~150,000 men in Iraqm all with significant combat and operational experience. We have 350,000 regular-duty soldiers at home and abroad that can be deployed to the gulf for any necessary operation.

"spent"?
LOL

M14 Shooter said:
We have "spent" ourself?
By what standard?
We have ~150,000 men in Iraqm all with significant combat and operational experience. We have 350,000 regular-duty soldiers at home and abroad that can be deployed to the gulf for any necessary operation.

"spent"?
LOL

Yes spent. We have nothing like enough to hold Iraq and take out the much larger Iran. Terrain in Iran is much worse too, no armor in the mountains.

We have also spent all our international political capitol in this insanity.

Vandeervecken said:
Yes spent. We have nothing like enough to hold Iraq and take out the much larger Iran. Terrain in Iran is much worse too, no armor in the mountains.

"international political capitol" is irrelevant...

The bigger question is, "Why does everyone look to the US to intervene?"...

If this was a big enough global problem(which I think it is), the rest of the world should be able to take care of it without us "meddling"...

But instead, the rest of the world WAITS for us to figure it out...

The rest of the world is politically impotent...No one wants to lift a finger for themselves...even if its their own interests...

For all of those whining about us being the "world's police" this is an excellent time for us to say, "Figure it out yourselves!."...But the international community won't...They're too weak...so they'll look to us again...and again...

Just like they always do...

GySgt said:
If I was Iran...

4. Secretly build nukes.

7. Watch America go to the UN that they hate and dis missto deal with the enemy that they should have been dealing with instead of a has been Sunni secular with no WMD's.

Funny how things work out. ;)

Vandeervecken said:

]

Yes Vandeervecken I have explained all this to M14 shooter, he still doesn't seem to get it though. Iran, 350,000 army, probably millions in reserve with military experience - oh aye its a walk in the park. :roll:

GarzaUK said:
]
Yes Vandeervecken I have explained all this to M14 shooter, he still doesn't seem to get it though. Iran, 350,000 army, probably millions in reserve with military experience - oh aye its a walk in the park. :roll:

And, as I have said numerous times, YOU don't seem to (or want to) get the idea that to 'take out Iran's nuclear threat' we do not need to invade Iran, topple its goivernment, ocupy it while a new government is formes, and protect the new government from whatever insurgency might arise.

YOU are proceeding on the assumption that we do, and that assumption is completely w/o foundation. You're arguing a strawman.

Your homework assignment:
The military experiene of the Iranian army -- when was their last military campaign, and how many of the troops that participates are sill serving?

Compare and contrast this with the American military.

Back
Top Bottom