• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you want Third party viability, vote for Trump

Hypothetical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If Hillary wins, the establishment wins. politicians will stick to the establishments scripted way of winning forevermore.

If Trump wins, he's an outsider. he may try to:

1. go back on what he says and have to be stopped by the congress, which will infuriate voters (because he completely lied) enough to really give a good look at our third party candidates next time.

2. make a REAL scandal, by quitting early, resigning for health reasons, etc... even after he has won, which would cause a tremendous upheaval of unrest about rigging the system, which would get tons of people on board with 3rd party politics.

3. tries to do exactly what he says he will, which will open the way for more outsiders in the future.

either way you look at it, a vote for Hillary is a vote for the establishment, and while we don't know what a vote for Trump is, any way you slice it, it could turn out well for political reform in this country.

Third parties irk me because their viability inherently rests on having just as much of a disintegrated electorate as Trump's consensus was for the GOP.

If Trump is elected and fails it is a win for the establishment. The reason I will vote for Hillary is for protection of current social issues. These include gay equality, reproductive rights, defense of science, Muslim tolerance, and fight for healthcare for all citizens. I don't believe that a bad Trump presidency will lead to new thinking about third party candidates, but I do believe that either Pence or the Heritage Foundation will have control over Supreme Court picks which seem to be in direct opposition to what I believe in and will have LIFETIME appointments.

If Trump is elected and fails it is a win for the establishment. The reason I will vote for Hillary is for protection of current social issues. These include gay equality, reproductive rights, defense of science, Muslim tolerance, and fight for healthcare for all citizens. I don't believe that a bad Trump presidency will lead to new thinking about third party candidates, but I do believe that either Pence or the Heritage Foundation will have control over Supreme Court picks which seem to be in direct opposition to what I believe in and will have LIFETIME appointments.

None of those will change under Trump except maybe Muslim tolerance. You think we should tolerate the religion of terrorism?

It isn't protection from Crazy Crooked Hillary you seek. It's forced compliance. Because that's exactly what leftists do, force one to comply. There's really no individualism with the far leftist fringe.

none of those are in question with a Trump win. Muslims are not in danger of intolerance. what MAY happen, is a temporary ban of immigrants from countries that are terrorist danger points. not really anything to worry about. We probably don't even need that, imho, but it is a Trump talking point.

none of those are in question with a Trump win. Muslims are not in danger of intolerance. what MAY happen, is a temporary ban of immigrants from countries that are terrorist danger points. not really anything to worry about. We probably don't even need that, imho, but it is a Trump talking point.
I do not think Trump himself would necessarily look to reverse whatever social progress we have made in the last decade, but he has already spoken about delegating SC picks to the heritage foundation and it was reported that when seeking out Kasich as VP he offered control of domestic and foreign policy. Mike Pence is running as VP and he is certainly in favor of going in reverse on social issues. I have no idea how much power Trump would delegate to Pence, but it is too big of a gamble.

Muslim tolerance. You think we should tolerate the religion of terrorism?

Sigh.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

If Hillary wins, the establishment wins. politicians will stick to the establishments scripted way of winning forevermore.

If Trump wins, he's an outsider. he may try to:

1. go back on what he says and have to be stopped by the congress, which will infuriate voters (because he completely lied) enough to really give a good look at our third party candidates next time.

2. make a REAL scandal, by quitting early, resigning for health reasons, etc... even after he has won, which would cause a tremendous upheaval of unrest about rigging the system, which would get tons of people on board with 3rd party politics.

3. tries to do exactly what he says he will, which will open the way for more outsiders in the future.

either way you look at it, a vote for Hillary is a vote for the establishment, and while we don't know what a vote for Trump is, any way you slice it, it could turn out well for political reform in this country.

I agree with you. That's exactly why I voting for him.

I do not think Trump himself would necessarily look to reverse whatever social progress we have made in the last decade, but he has already spoken about delegating SC picks to the heritage foundation and it was reported that when seeking out Kasich as VP he offered control of domestic and foreign policy. Mike Pence is running as VP and he is certainly in favor of going in reverse on social issues. I have no idea how much power Trump would delegate to Pence, but it is too big of a gamble.

well I can understand your hesitation.

as for me I am in favor of conservative Judges so that's fine, and I still don't think he will get far even if Pence is delegated that power and does try to change social issues.

Back
Top Bottom