• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you voted for Obama in 2008 and/or 2012 simply because he's black, look at this quote....

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Now who said that? Hmmmm.

Somehow voting for someone because "he's black" goes against that quote. I'm not saying that voting for a black person is a bad thing, but base it on his character, not his race. Geez.

Last edited:
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." Now who said that? Hmmmm.

Somehow voting for someone because "he's black" goes against that quote. I'm not saying that voting for a black person is a bad thing, but base it on his character. Geez.

I'm pretty sure blacks who voted for Obama liked the "content of his character" just fine, he also got more "white" votes too you know.

I'm pretty sure blacks who voted for Obama liked the "content of his character" just fine, he also got more "white" votes too you know.

People of all races voted for Obama because he was black. Even Alveda King acknowledges this.

I don't know of a single person who would cast their vote because of how a candidate looks. What should bother everybody is the fact that some people actually base their evaluation of a person by how he/she is dressed. The problem with such an attitude is this>> "Henry, I just can't understand how that man swindled us out of all our money..you know, he seemed so clean-cut with such a proper haircut and his shoes..goodness, there were so shiny!"

Democrats identity politics.

Voting skin color is racist.

I don't know of a single person who would cast their vote because of how a candidate looks. What should bother everybody is the fact that some people actually base their evaluation of a person by how he/she is dressed. The problem with such an attitude is this>> "Henry, I just can't understand how that man swindled us out of all our money..you know, he seemed so clean-cut with such a proper haircut and his shoes..goodness, there were so shiny!"

Yeah, well I know and have met plenty and have seen plenty of interviews. Why do you think Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton supported him?

People of all races voted for Obama because he was black. Even Alveda King acknowledges this.

If that was a part of their reason that they thought he would make a good President I don't see the problem. That makes more sense than voting for someone who started his campaign with a message of hate. What were they thinking? That we are short of hate in this country? If that is what they thought he sure kept his promise.

If that was a part of their reason that they thought he would make a good President I don't see the problem. That makes more sense than voting for someone who started his campaign with a message of hate. What were they thinking? That we are short of hate in this country?

I've voted for PLENTY OF PEOPLE that were minorities. I NEVER once considered race as a reason to vote for them. I recently endorsed a black man for congress on Facebook. I vote based on qualifications and stances on the issues, not race. I also voted for many women, but never voted for a person because of that. Voting for someone because they are of a certain race or gender is just plain bigotry and nonsense.

I suspect many more voted for him because he was black than didn't vote for him because he was black

I've voted for PLENTY OF PEOPLE that were minorities. I NEVER once considered race as a reason to vote for them. I recently endorsed a black man for congress on Facebook. I vote based on qualifications and stances on the issues, not race. I also voted for many women, but never voted for a person because of that. Voting for someone because they are of a certain race or gender is just plain bigotry and nonsense.

Given the history of how we have treated blacks in this country I think it is perfectly understandable that a black person might think voting for another black would be in their interest over a white candidate. After generations of being kept down because their race you expect them to be color blind overnight?

Given the history of how we have treated blacks in this country I think it is perfectly understandable that a black person might think voting for another black would be in their interest over a white candidate. After generations of being kept down because their race you expect them to be color blind overnight?

Tell that to people like Morgan Freeman or Denzel Washington, who happen to be black liberals but don’t fall into that category, or ANY black conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somehow voting for someone because "he's black" goes against that quote. I'm not saying that voting for a black person is a bad thing, but base it on his character, not his race. Geez.

Yeah, I’m sure that nobody voted AGAINST Obama just because he was black, right?
WRONG!

Tell that to people like Morgan Freeman or Denzel Washington, who happen to be black liberals but don’t fall into that category, or ANY black conservative.

To each their own....words to live by.

Yeah, I’m sure that nobody voted AGAINST Obama just because he was black, right?
WRONG!

I’m sure that happened too, and I’ve never condoned that. But unlike the media you watch says, the world has changed. People like that have decreased indefinitely.

WRONG!

Sure there were some racist democrats who just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Obama.

What if you voted AGAINST him simply because he was black. Lots of people did.

What was wrong with the "character" of Obama? He was a polite and thoughtful and intelligent gentleman.
And if "character" really mattered, then the serial adulterer liar scumbag Trump would not have won, would he?

What was wrong with the "character" of Obama? He was a polite and thoughtful and intelligent gentleman.
And if "character" really mattered, then the serial adulterer liar scumbag Trump would not have won, would he?

Um, he contributed to the racial divisions we have today. Obama IS a liar, too. If you say that Trump makes fun of opponents, Obama did that a lot too.

Gosh!

We are not children.

We all know that certain folks voted for the Senator from Illinois because they were as pleased as punch that someone of their ethnicity actually had a chance of becoming the President of the United States of America.

I remember being on a bus in 2008 and overhearing some people of that ethnicity proudly talking about the young and handsome and articulate Senator. Say, didn't a certain Senator from Delaware compliment him on being so clean?

Poor Hillary. She thought that if she affected a Southern drawl and let everyone know about hot sauce in her purse that she could get a lot of folks to turn out for her, just as they had turned out for that Illinois Senator.

What if you voted AGAINST him simply because he was black. Lots of people did.

That’s an assumption. I voted based on stances on the issues. For example, in the past, I ALWAYS VOTED for the pro-life candidate. I don’t believe in murder. Before you say that I was a one-issue voter, what if somebody supported the majority of Hitler’s policies, but still wouldn’t vote for him because he was killing Jews? The point is, life is sacred, and the one none-negotiable issue. If you are going to say that I’m pro-life but support the death penalty, well then show me a fetus that killed somebody then we’ll talk.

Obama was an anti- American, anti-colonialist guy with mentors like Frank Marshall Davis, Bill Ayers, and Jeremiah Wright; plus even though he didn’t know him, he idolized the teachings of Saul Alinsky. So Obama is an asshole.

If you voted for Trump, you are in no position to judge anyone else’s character.

If you voted for Trump, you are in no position to judge anyone else’s character.

You should replaced the word “Trump” with the word “Obama”. Then you’d have an accurate sentence.

Gosh!

We are not children.

We all know that certain folks voted for the Senator from Illinois because they were as pleased as punch that someone of their ethnicity actually had a chance of becoming the President of the United States of America.

I remember being on a bus in 2008 and overhearing some people of that ethnicity proudly talking about the young and handsome and articulate Senator. Say, didn't a certain Senator from Delaware compliment him on being so clean?

Poor Hillary. She thought that if she affected a Southern drawl and let everyone know about hot sauce in her purse that she could get a lot of folks to turn out for her, just as they had turned out for that Illinois Senator.

That’s still really shallow, no matter how you try to excuse it.

Back
Top Bottom