• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You Use Verizon UncleSam is Spying on You

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
"Today, Wednesday, July 31, 2013, the US Director of National Intelligence revealed a previously classified order that directed a company identified by US officials as Verizon Communications to turn over a vast number of Americans phone records."

Here's more: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/31/nsa-surveillance-senate/2601953/

Until I see a lot more than what has been revealed so far I am going to continue to believe that the US Government is violating the Fourth Amendment by doing this.

Last edited:
"Today, Wednesday, July 31, 2013, the US Director of National Intelligence revealed a previously classified order that directed a company identified by US officials as Verizon Communications to turn over a vast number of Americans phone records."

Here's more on this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/governments-secret-order-to-verizon-to-be-unveiled-at-senate-hearing/2013/07/31/233fdd3a

Until I see a lot more than what has been revealed so far I am going to continue to believe that the US Government is violating the Fourth Amendment by doing this.

I disagree. I don't think the 4th would really be offended unless they were listening in on the calls. The phone bills themselves not so protected since they are third party known and are content neutral.

I disagree. I don't think the 4th would really be offended unless they were listening in on the calls.
The phone bills themselves not so protected since they are third party known and are content neutral.

Maybe you want everyone in the world to know who you talk to, and when you talk to them. Not me. I don't want this information to be known by anyone that I don't give it to.

Maybe you want everyone in the world to know who you talk to, and when you talk to them. Not me. I don't want this information to be known by anyone that I don't give it to.

Your wants and my wants do not determine what is legal or illegal. With the vast amounts of serious high-dollar crime that goes on every minute, terrorism, kidnapping rings, drug cartels, I doubt the federal government really gives a crap who you call unless you are one of the people who participate in that stuff.

Your wants and my wants do not determine what is legal or illegal. With the vast amounts of serious high-dollar crime that goes on every minute, terrorism, kidnapping rings, drug cartels, I doubt the federal government really gives a crap who you call unless you are one of the people who participate in that stuff.

It doesn't matter. They shouldn't have the information without a warrant. The law needs to be changed.

It doesn't matter. They shouldn't have the information without a warrant. The law needs to be changed.

I was under the impression that they just renewed their every 3 month warrant for these records.

I was under the impression that they just renewed their every 3 month warrant for these records.

If so then the process for issuing a warrant is corrupt. The law still needs to be changed.

While I understand the premise of objection, people that are personally worried have delusions of grandeur. Additionally, threatening me in the presention of objections is offensive and pathetic. If Uncle Sam is worried about me, he's a ****ing idiot and will be very bored.

In other words, the OP's presentation is paranoid, insulting and dumb.

As FMW correctly says in the next post, none of that matters.

They should not have access to the information without a valid warrant.

The law needs to be changed so that everyone's Fourth Amendment rights are protected.

While I understand the premise of objection, people that are personally worried have delusions of grandeur. Additionally, threatening me in the presention of objections is offensive and pathetic. If Uncle Sam is worried about me, he's a ****ing idiot and will be very bored.

In other words, the OP's presentation is paranoid, insulting and dumb.

No delusions of grandeur. Just a desire to have a less intrusive government. When I am not breaking the law, what I do is none of their business, whether it is interesting or not.

No delusions of grandeur. Just a desire to have a less intrusive government.

Did you read post #3, from the OP?

Maybe you want everyone in the world to know who you talk to, and when you talk to them.

Yes. I enjoy popularity. I want everyone to pay attention to me. I dunno what you're scared of, but I'm awesome. Everyone should know it and all the details. Please, publish everything about me.

Thanks in advance.

Here's more: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/31/nsa-surveillance-senate/2601953/

I have Verizon.

They read my texts or listen to my conversations...yikes. They're going to get an earful. :D

Here's more: Senate panel looking at limits on surveillance

verizon.jpg

Here's more: Senate panel looking at limits on surveillance

Privacy died decades ago. Sorry folks.

Yes. I enjoy popularity. I want everyone to pay attention to me. I dunno what you're scared of, but I'm awesome. Everyone should know it and all the details. Please, publish everything about me.

Thanks in advance

Since the NSA vacuums up everything from the internet your message might get missed in that mountain of information.

Maybe you should send them an email.

Back
Top Bottom